Sponsored by:

alarm won't disable PLZ HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2005, 02:20 AM
FatalError
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm won't disable PLZ HELP!!

hey, i'm a newbie at the forums but i just got a 98 imprezza 2.5 RS. i've been driving it for a couple days, no problems...today i get come home, come inside, go back to the car 20 minutes later and the thing won't start. i read the manual about the security system and the ignition disabler or whatever it is but when i press the "unlock" button on my keychain remote thing, the little LED light doesn't stop. it blinks red every second. when i try to turn the car on, the LED light double blinks red and green which i think has something to do with valet mode. either way, there's the override button that aparantly you can push to disable to the alarm, but when i push it in and release it, nothing happens. the override button works to program the remotes, but it won't disable the alarm..how the hell do i get my car started!! PLEASE hELP MEE!!!!
Old 06 July 2005, 06:52 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try changing the battery in the remote, worked for me
Old 06 July 2005, 09:56 AM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by FatalError
hey, i'm a newbie at the forums but i just got a 98 imprezza 2.5 RS. i've been driving it for a couple days, no problems...today i get come home, come inside, go back to the car 20 minutes later and the thing won't start. i read the manual about the security system and the ignition disabler or whatever it is but when i press the "unlock" button on my keychain remote thing, the little LED light doesn't stop. it blinks red every second. when i try to turn the car on, the LED light double blinks red and green which i think has something to do with valet mode. either way, there's the override button that aparantly you can push to disable to the alarm, but when i push it in and release it, nothing happens. the override button works to program the remotes, but it won't disable the alarm..how the hell do i get my car started!! PLEASE hELP MEE!!!!
Are you parked near high power mast? This can block signal .Use the keypad in glovebox
Old 06 July 2005, 10:11 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi

Mine used to get confused by supermarket automatic doors and such like as well as hi power masts.

You can overrride with the keypad in the glovebox if you have the code.

common problem may be worth doing a search on this on SN.

Paul
Old 06 July 2005, 10:49 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Does a 2.5 RS have the same security system as the UK cars though? (which were retro-fitted in the UK)
Old 06 July 2005, 05:07 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I dont know what alarm you have. But in most cases it is normal to switch the ignition on, then...press the fob button to disable the immobiliser.
Might even work if you are "across the pond."
Old 06 July 2005, 09:13 PM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

mine was recalled earlier this year for a new alarm brain, i used to have the same problems but now its fine

Trending Topics

Old 08 July 2005, 12:51 AM
FatalError
Scooby Newbie

the AAA guy came and tried another battery, so it's not my battery..what else is it? and no, the 2.5RS doesn't have the glove box keypad..just the remote with lock and unlock, and the override button that doesn't override =\