Sponsored by:

What sort of price

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2005, 05:34 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What sort of price

B4 I Jump into buying a version 9 in Aug/Sept, I've got my Eye on a version 8 with PPP, what sort of price do i wanna be paying for it , its up for £24495, on a 54 plate. lip spoiler, boost guage, stainless steel "Sti" door entry guards, and diff guard, 5000 miles, any advise pls on price, should i offer 23500 ???

Chris
Old 05 July 2005, 08:27 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChriSTi
B4 I Jump into buying a version 9 in Aug/Sept, I've got my Eye on a version 8 with PPP, what sort of price do i wanna be paying for it , its up for £24495, on a 54 plate. lip spoiler, boost guage, stainless steel "Sti" door entry guards, and diff guard, 5000 miles, any advise pls on price, should i offer 23500 ???

Chris
Any advise will do !!!
Old 05 July 2005, 08:35 PM
phelpsa
Scooby Regular

Its probably worth around £20k but I'm not sure. Someone posted a link to a 53 STI with 30000 miles on autotrader at a little under 14k.

Adam
Old 05 July 2005, 09:07 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by phelpsa
Its probably worth around £20k but I'm not sure. Someone posted a link to a 53 STI with 30000 miles on autotrader at a little under 14k.

Adam
Cheers for replying phelpsa, at least someone did, thought this was supposed to be a Q and A forum website. thanks to the 60 people who looked and gave no advise ??
Old 05 July 2005, 11:13 PM
phelpsa
Scooby Regular

I think the reason is that the price of any subaru is what someone will pay for it. A bugeye WRX might be worth £12k but if no one will buy it then obviously it's only going to be sold for a lot less than that. Now that there is a new model coming out, that same STI with PPP might be worth £18k in a few months. Prices are all over the place now.

Adam
Old 06 July 2005, 10:49 AM
DPBEECHWOOD
Scooby Newbie

Smile

With regards to prices of MY 04 and MY05 STI`s being punted in this forum by various people as going into freefall All I will say is that if that is the case then why do these comments mostly come from people with older models , ( old shape, bug eye, JDM etc etc)
Is there some sort of model social class for buying a subaru? Is there jealousy for people who have bought the new models and then being told they are worth 40 % less a year later by people who have older models.
The few and very few newer cars being seen in Autotrader for sale at these stupid prices all have a story behind them. Anyone who pays £25k for a motor just to sell it in 18 months time for £14 has either severe debt problems, should question his sanity or may be selliing a car that may have a bit of underhandness about it.
Yes there is a new model coming out but lets face it, its only got a new front grill and an engine which may or may not be much different. Its not exactly a new model concept that is going to make every 03, 04 and 05 Year look like a sqaure box antique is it!
As a lot of folk on here who drive older models have a huge joy in telling anyone who has a newer model exactly how much the car has devalued they should perhaps remind themselves if that is the case then what are their own cars worth!
For The Money the 04 0r 05 model STI PPP is probably the most fun car you will get for the money, that has a 3 year warrenty , is UK speced and will still have a resonable resale value in a year or 2. For me the fun in driving it negates the loss I will have when I go to sell it. Buying a new car will always have the resale loss factor. We all make decesions when we go to buy a car new or used, some are more concerned with the resale bit than others.
The market is a bit crazy at moment and Subaru do not help themselves by having the annual need for telling everone in the national press that the newer model is the one that the last year one should have been.
I paid £24,500 for my UK STI PPP brand new a month ago, to me it is a good deal. I will keep the car for a year may be 2 , have a lot of fun and then look to trade it in for either the new model with fusion drive and cloaking capability or a people carrier.
I find it a little bit amusing that most people on here do nothing but have pleasure in telling others how much money the cars are loosing. If I had been bothered about that I would have bought a BMW or a Merc.
Its a great fun car no matter what model year, to me worth every penny, even if it does go to an essex chav in 07 for the price of a pack of regal and a burberry cap!
Paul.
Old 06 July 2005, 11:11 AM
phelpsa
Scooby Regular

Yep, our bugeye lost £7k pretty much the moment we bought it!

Adam

Trending Topics

Old 06 July 2005, 11:19 AM
Tall Paul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DPBEECHWOOD
With regards to prices of MY 04 and MY05 STI`s being punted in this forum by various people as going into freefall All I will say is that if that is the case then why do these comments mostly come from people with older models , ( old shape, bug eye, JDM etc etc)
Is there some sort of model social class for buying a subaru? Is there jealousy for people who have bought the new models and then being told they are worth 40 % less a year later by people who have older models.
The few and very few newer cars being seen in Autotrader for sale at these stupid prices all have a story behind them. Anyone who pays £25k for a motor just to sell it in 18 months time for £14 has either severe debt problems, should question his sanity or may be selliing a car that may have a bit of underhandness about it.
Yes there is a new model coming out but lets face it, its only got a new front grill and an engine which may or may not be much different. Its not exactly a new model concept that is going to make every 03, 04 and 05 Year look like a sqaure box antique is it!
As a lot of folk on here who drive older models have a huge joy in telling anyone who has a newer model exactly how much the car has devalued they should perhaps remind themselves if that is the case then what are their own cars worth!
For The Money the 04 0r 05 model STI PPP is probably the most fun car you will get for the money, that has a 3 year warrenty , is UK speced and will still have a resonable resale value in a year or 2. For me the fun in driving it negates the loss I will have when I go to sell it. Buying a new car will always have the resale loss factor. We all make decesions when we go to buy a car new or used, some are more concerned with the resale bit than others.
The market is a bit crazy at moment and Subaru do not help themselves by having the annual need for telling everone in the national press that the newer model is the one that the last year one should have been.
I paid £24,500 for my UK STI PPP brand new a month ago, to me it is a good deal. I will keep the car for a year may be 2 , have a lot of fun and then look to trade it in for either the new model with fusion drive and cloaking capability or a people carrier.
I find it a little bit amusing that most people on here do nothing but have pleasure in telling others how much money the cars are loosing. If I had been bothered about that I would have bought a BMW or a Merc.
Its a great fun car no matter what model year, to me worth every penny, even if it does go to an essex chav in 07 for the price of a pack of regal and a burberry cap!
Paul.
I have to agree. The only loss I will have will be the sense of loss I will feel after I see it drive off into the distance never to be seen again!! Hopefully that won't be for a while. I didn't buy mine because of how much it will be worth, I bought it because I like them and have always liked them!
Old 06 July 2005, 11:20 AM
Tall Paul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tall Paul
I have to agree. The only loss I will have will be the sense of loss I will feel after I see it drive off into the distance never to be seen again!! Hopefully that won't be for a while. I didn't buy mine because of how much it will be worth, I bought it because I like them and have always liked them!
Probably driven off by some idiot with spots in a burberry cap!