Sponsored by:

ppp fitted yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2005, 11:01 AM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ppp fitted yesterday

after a few hicups finally got my ppp fitted on my02 STi type uk. all i can say is what a difference!! i now know what people mean when they say "pulls like a train" all the way to the limiter. no waiting for the boost to arrive, smoother to drive, you can hear the turbo spinning up more, nice deep note with the vortex, just all round a better car to drive, especially at low speeds. did abit of a quick start and to me the acceleration is just fantastic, was laughing out loud in the car. it keeps the warranty up and is for me anyway, a joy to drive. keep finding even more excuses to "just nip out". well pleased

Lee
Old 02 July 2005, 11:22 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Glad your pleased with it mate. I'd been saying that I'm not too impressed with the performance of my 05 STi uk PPP. I thought it wasn't pulling that much better than over standard. I'd heard that in any gear it just pulls from low down. On mine, even with the PPP I'm waiting till about 3000 to 35000 revs till it starts to shift. maybe I only feel it's not that quick cos it's so calm when flooring it, afterall I went from the manic FWD torque steering Focus RS.
Took it on one of my favorite back roads last night after work (had a crap day and needed cheering up) and I take it all back. It was quick, bloody quick in fact, much quicker than the RS on those roads.
Old 02 July 2005, 11:26 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Smile

Glad you're pleased, I had a WRX 03 PPP and it was lovely! I've now got an 03 STi which I'm close to putting PPP on it, if I don't sell it! (just bought an overseas property) Incidentally, I drive High Speed Trains for a living and Scooby's pull much better than any train!
Old 02 July 2005, 12:43 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

QOUTE On mine, even with the PPP I'm waiting till about 3000 to 35000 revs till it starts to shift.

35000 Revs ????? That's serious turbo lag
Old 02 July 2005, 01:15 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by codie247
after a few hicups finally got my ppp fitted on my02 STi type uk. all i can say is what a difference!! i now know what people mean when they say "pulls like a train" all the way to the limiter. no waiting for the boost to arrive, smoother to drive, you can hear the turbo spinning up more, nice deep note with the vortex, just all round a better car to drive, especially at low speeds. did abit of a quick start and to me the acceleration is just fantastic, was laughing out loud in the car. it keeps the warranty up and is for me anyway, a joy to drive. keep finding even more excuses to "just nip out". well pleased

Lee
dont tell me that u hit the limiter in your scoob man? no need for that whatsoever, ya aint drivin a vtec civic
Old 02 July 2005, 01:42 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Glad your pleased with it mate. I'd been saying that I'm not too impressed with the performance of my 05 STi uk PPP. I thought it wasn't pulling that much better than over standard. I'd heard that in any gear it just pulls from low down. On mine, even with the PPP I'm waiting till about 3000 to 35000 revs till it starts to shift. maybe I only feel it's not that quick cos it's so calm when flooring it, afterall I went from the manic FWD torque steering Focus RS.
Took it on one of my favorite back roads last night after work (had a crap day and needed cheering up) and I take it all back. It was quick, bloody quick in fact, much quicker than the RS on those roads.
Any chance it may now be losening up, how many miles have you done..?

The change in performance ~ the 6k miles mark is quite significant..!
Old 02 July 2005, 02:01 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
dont tell me that u hit the limiter in your scoob man? no need for that whatsoever, ya aint drivin a vtec civic
no m8, got to my limiter(the one you set yourself-7100). not often i take it that far, but hey thats what its for.

Lee
Old 02 July 2005, 02:47 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by simpsons !
QOUTE On mine, even with the PPP I'm waiting till about 3000 to 35000 revs till it starts to shift.

35000 Revs ????? That's serious turbo lag
The point at which the turbo kicks in isn't lag mate IIRC that refers to the speed of the spool up when then the rev threshold for the turbo to start strutting its stuff is reached.

Regards,

NS04