Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with old classic scoob imports are not really stupid.......... No really!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2005, 12:27 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking People with old classic scoob imports are not really stupid.......... No really!!!!

So there I was this morning sat at a set of traffic lights on my way to work in my MY00 UK car, I've had it for about 4 years and it's slightly different

So I'm sat there minding my own when a lad of about 22 pulls up next to me so that his door is level with my front left hand wing and he sits there looking at my callipers etc. Suddenly he reverses a few feet and winds his window down so I do like wise

Him "That's not a prodrive is it mate"
Me "No mate, just a few stickers"
Him "Ah I knew that cos they didn't do 4 door prodrives did they?"
Me "Yeah they did dude, you can have a prodrive performance pack fitted to a UK car!"
Him "Well my car is an STi had it about 2 weeks now"
Me "That's not an STi mate, its a WRX Pre face lift. 4 doors that give it away and the big WRX badge on the back and infront of the wheel arches"
Him "Nah mate you is wrong, the guy who sold it to me said it was STi's test car"
Me "

I then decided to finish the conversation as it was going nowhere. The lights changed

Him " An' it's fcukin' quick innit"

He straightened his cap, went for a quick pull away, didn't have enough revs, bogged, waited for that big ol' TD05 to work up some steam, then by the time he was on boost, he was coming upto where the two lanes merge into one. He nearly stuffed his car, caused all kinds of gestures to be thrown at him and then proceeded to be an **** of the road for the next 2 miles.

'Kin Idiot

I'm just glad i'm an enthusiast. He'll be down the pub tonight telling everyone about his Sti owned wrx test car and how it was sooo much quicker than the Non prodrive 4 door

Just think, in a few months time when the insurance starts to cripple him and his ho' and he sells it on, it'll be be.......
"Yeah mate, fastest STi that Prodrive ever tested. Was used to train Colin Macrae (sp?) OH yeahh mate, straight up"

Either that or he'll have stuffed it!
Old 01 July 2005, 12:33 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Funny story mate. We are not all like that.
They did do an 4 door (and 5 door) WRX Sti classic though in Japan
www.sidc.co.uk/faq.htm.
Its pretty hard to tell the WRX Sti 1 and 2 from a WRX though.

Andy
Old 01 July 2005, 12:34 PM
mudfrog
Scooby Regular

PMSL

Oh dear another bad advert for scoob ownership
Old 01 July 2005, 12:35 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens

"Slightly different" lol. You didn't mention the flamer kit then.

Must keep an eye out for him - what colour was it?
Old 01 July 2005, 12:35 PM
new_scooby_boy
Scooby Regular

nice story :P
Old 01 July 2005, 12:37 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

am a little confused too.

4 doors gave it away?

he said it was an sti, not a type r.

and as stated above, the original sti and sti 2 often had wrx badges.

the 22B is officially an impreza wrx sti type 22B.
Old 01 July 2005, 12:46 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I think what Mikey is trying to say is that this guy thought he knew everything about impreza's. He clearly didn't. Doesn't this just represent the normal 'Max Power' kind of car enthusiast?
Just because he owns an impreza, that doesn't mean to say that all imports are owned by chavs. I'd rather they talk crap about cars than deal smack to kids on street corners.
Come on, does it really matter.
Old 01 July 2005, 12:46 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Old 01 July 2005, 12:54 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

YAWN

Thanks for that Adam My point wasn't so much the "is it an STi or WRX" More a........... Mate, you've probably been sold something totally different to what you think you are driving and more to the point you wouldn't have a clue. You probably bought it dead cheap, from a mate of a mate who knew what you were like and fed you rubbish to get you to buy it.
WTF is an STi test car? Why would that be over here? Not saying that it's impossible, but really C'mon
Obviously blissfully unaware of the PPP and how Prodrive fit into the Subaru story, but hell, he got it cheap and it sounds good down the pub infront of his mates so what the hell eh
Also no idea how turbo's work as demonstrated by his total lack of control of the car from pulling away to suddenly accelerating at scooby speeds straight towards an accident and not knowing what to do. Instead he found himself going around the wrong side of pedestrian refuges and he must have hit 60 MPH in a 30 in the process.

That's what I was trying to point out. If I was wrong in assuming a 4 door is a WRX, then shoot me *Come to think of it, one of me best mates has a 4 door STi Doh!!

Anyway, the bloke shouldn't have had the car. There I said it
Old 01 July 2005, 12:56 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

I'm not calling ALL pre facelift classic scoob import owners Idiots by the way. I'd just never come face to face with someone like this
Old 01 July 2005, 01:03 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gridlock Mikey
YAWN

Thanks for that Adam My point wasn't so much the "is it an STi or WRX" More a........... Mate, you've probably been sold something totally different to what you think you are driving and more to the point you wouldn't have a clue. You probably bought it dead cheap, from a mate of a mate who knew what you were like and fed you rubbish to get you to buy it.
WTF is an STi test car? Why would that be over here? Not saying that it's impossible, but really C'mon
Obviously blissfully unaware of the PPP and how Prodrive fit into the Subaru story, but hell, he got it cheap and it sounds good down the pub infront of his mates so what the hell eh
Also no idea how turbo's work as demonstrated by his total lack of control of the car from pulling away to suddenly accelerating at scooby speeds straight towards an accident and not knowing what to do. Instead he found himself going around the wrong side of pedestrian refuges and he must have hit 60 MPH in a 30 in the process.

That's what I was trying to point out. If I was wrong in assuming a 4 door is a WRX, then shoot me *Come to think of it, one of me best mates has a 4 door STi Doh!!

Anyway, the bloke shouldn't have had the car. There I said it
Well I knew what you meant.

The chav element is what has put me off Scooby ownership for the last couple of years. Why can't they stick with Saxos and smoky old XR2s?

I knew this was going to happen as soon as the classis scoobs started falling into the £8k territory and therefore remotely affordable to some clueless shiftworker who lives with his mum.

It's up to the upstanding folk on this board to set an example
Old 01 July 2005, 01:12 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I have had a similar experience in a halfrauds car park.
Just parked up and went in to get a light bulb for my girlfriends micra.
I return to my car to find 2, late teen lads having a good look at my car (sti 4).
'Nice motor m8, that must be kicking out 500bhp easy!'
Usually I would have taken the time to explain the errors of their assumption, but I thought, 'what the fu^k!'

'Yea m8,' in my best chav acsent, ' its got a special dump-valve on it.'
'Nice.' the lad replied. 'So how fast does it go?'
'oh, atleast 125mph.' said I.
I was seriously trying to contain my laughter as I got in and drove off.

'Let the baby have his bottle' thats what I always say anyway.
Old 01 July 2005, 01:15 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Doh!! I Sooooo didn't want this to become a Chav thread

Shouldn't have mentioned the cap or his age

I reckon over the past 4 years, I've had about 30 conversations with other performance car owners at traffic lights, you know the type of conversation, Alright mate, had it long, had much done etc etc, usually after a bit of spirited driving to acknowledge each others machines etc. Harmless fun and always good natured. I even had to chuckle a few weeks ago when a scoob pulled up and all he and his missus were interested in was the scooby head in my back window. Mind you it made a change from the normal "how fast etc" type conversation.

This mornings interaction was just........... well just wierd I felt a range of emotions for him ranging from "********" whilst watching him lemon his way up the road, to actually feeling sorry for him cos he's probably bought a nail of a scoob and he's not aware of it back to angry because he's the type of person who influences people NOT to buy a scoob and enjoy it or even worse, influences people to sell thier Scoob (I never really understood people who sell thier car because of incidents like this )

I didn't put him in the chav box though, that's too easy
Old 01 July 2005, 01:16 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
I have had a similar experience in a halfrauds car park.
Just parked up and went in to get a light bulb for my girlfriends micra.
I return to my car to find 2, late teen lads having a good look at my car (sti 4).
'Nice motor m8, that must be kicking out 500bhp easy!'
Usually I would have taken the time to explain the errors of their assumption, but I thought, 'what the fu^k!'

'Yea m8,' in my best chav acsent, ' its got a special dump-valve on it.'
'Nice.' the lad replied. 'So how fast does it go?'
'oh, atleast 125mph.' said I.
I was seriously trying to contain my laughter as I got in and drove off.

'Let the baby have his bottle' thats what I always say anyway.
I like
Old 01 July 2005, 01:24 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

I thought STis used IHI turbos?
Old 01 July 2005, 01:30 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

*Grasps chunk of hair, Sighs and lets go slowly* Really?
Old 01 July 2005, 01:32 PM
TAINTON
Scooby Regular

I just wonder how these people can afford to insure an import......like many on here I had to stick with a uk classic for this reason.
Old 01 July 2005, 01:50 PM
Mikey Ace
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TAINTON
I just wonder how these people can afford to insure an import......like many on here I had to stick with a uk classic for this reason.
LOL, "errr in- zur - ants" wazzat then?

does it go faster wiv "in-zur-ants" fitted then? Must do cos me mates friend;'s got some ..... Might get some meself..... do they sell it in halfords?

Mikey

OK OK so I'm not good at "chav" but I gave it a go for the sake of comedy.....

Old 01 July 2005, 02:14 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

I think a lot of people either don't bother or are a named driver on a parent's policy.

Steve
Old 01 July 2005, 02:41 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Must be the areas you people live in, I never get anything like this, the only time a Scooby ever comes next to me at the lights we fight to let the other one go first Its all very polite and to date I have only had two cars try to race me, a Alfa and a Volvo, both of which didnt understand the green man crossing signals and lost
Old 01 July 2005, 03:02 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
I think what Mikey is trying to say is that this guy thought he knew everything about impreza's. He clearly didn't. Doesn't this just represent the normal 'Max Power' kind of car enthusiast?
Just because he owns an impreza, that doesn't mean to say that all imports are owned by chavs. I'd rather they talk crap about cars than deal smack to kids on street corners.
Come on, does it really matter.
No, his kind kill kids that are standing on street corners with his stupid fcukin
driving.

I agree with the chav bit though.

Rob
Old 01 July 2005, 03:02 PM
black scoobs
Scooby Regular

iv an inport on my own insurance very expensive , what iv found is alot of the younger parties insure themselfs on mommy or daddys insurance, therefore been 3rd party its cheap hence all those chavs (sorry to use that word lads) .
Old 01 July 2005, 03:14 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Are we saying you can't get a four door WRX STI classic ???
Old 01 July 2005, 03:16 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by black scoobs
iv an inport on my own insurance very expensive , what iv found is alot of the younger parties insure themselfs on mommy or daddys insurance, therefore been 3rd party its cheap hence all those chavs (sorry to use that word lads) .
theres also this gsl thing where by insurance companies dont know what their insuring
Old 01 July 2005, 03:32 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by ChriSTi
Are we saying you can't get a four door WRX STI classic ???
Not at all

You can't get a prodrived 4 door apparently
Old 01 July 2005, 07:26 PM
WRXtra power
Scooby Regular

So there I was this morning sat at a set of traffic lights on my way to work in my MY00 UK car, I've had it for about 4 years and it's slightly different

Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa

Him "That's not a prodrive is it mate"
Me "No mate, just a few stickers"
Him "Ah I knew that cos they didn't do 4 door prodrives did they?"
Me "Yeah they did dude, you can have a prodrive performance pack fitted to a UK car!"
Him "Well my car is an STi had it about 2 weeks now"
Me "That's not an STi mate, its a WRX Pre face lift. 4 doors that give it away and the big WRX badge on the back and infront of the wheel arches"
Him "Nah mate you is wrong, the guy who sold it to me said it was STi's test car"
Me "

I then decided to finish the conversation as it was going nowhere. The lights changed

Him " An' it's fcukin' quick innit"

He straightened his cap, went for a quick pull away, didn't have enough revs, bogged, waited for that big ol' TD05 to work up some steam, then by the time he was on boost, he was coming upto where the two lanes merge into one. He nearly stuffed his car, caused all kinds of gestures to be thrown at him and then proceeded to be an **** of the road for the next 2 miles.

Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa
Hmmmm, Thats a typical "know it all, anti young impreza driver" attitude you have there Mikey. The fact that you decided he couldn't possibly have an STI because he has 4 door's is pathetic. You have obviously over exaggerated everything the driver said to you to try and get a laugh out of everyone on here. The fact is he was probably new to imprezas and although he had an sti, he felt he had to defend your:

"That's not an STi mate, its a WRX Pre face lift. 4 doors that give it away and the big WRX badge on the back and infront of the wheel arches"
He probably could of done it better but thats not the point. You could of tried to of been a bit more of a so called enthusiast rather than just turning your nose up at him. I guess you knew every singly detail of impreza history when you first got yours!! *cough* No your still learning judging by the above quote *cough*

I'm just glad i'm an enthusiast. He'll be down the pub tonight telling everyone about his Sti owned wrx test car and how it was sooo much quicker than the Non prodrive 4 door
And what you are doing on here is better??

Besides, even if it wasn't an STI, a classic WRX Jap Import would of blown your MY00 UK car away (maybe he wasn't trying or just not used to the clutch yet)
Anyway, why do you have Prodrive stickers on your car if its not been touched by prodrive (if you have the WRC graphics kit then fair doo's but if not,,,, )

The grounds of your thread suck and so does your attidude. I am sick of seeing this kind of rubbish on here from people who should know better. How many posts have you made??? Your like a little kid, grow up!!!!

Rant over........
Old 01 July 2005, 09:01 PM
speedystu
Scooby Regular

agree with you pimmo2000 its got to be the area cos i am 27 5years ncb tracker cat1 and i pay £640 full. so thats a lesson if you want a import " move "
Old 01 July 2005, 09:15 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXtra power
Hmmmm, Thats a typical "know it all, anti young impreza driver" attitude you have there Mikey. The fact that you decided he couldn't possibly have an STI because he has 4 door's is pathetic. You have obviously over exaggerated everything the driver said to you to try and get a laugh out of everyone on here. The fact is he was probably new to imprezas and although he had an sti, he felt he had to defend your:

[color=#ff0000][color=#000000]
He probably could of done it better but thats not the point. You could of tried to of been a bit more of a so called enthusiast rather than just turning your nose up at him. I guess you knew every singly detail of impreza history when you first got yours!! *cough* No your still learning judging by the above quote *cough*

And what you are doing on here is better??

Besides, even if it wasn't an STI, a classic WRX Jap Import would of blown your MY00 UK car away (maybe he wasn't trying or just not used to the clutch yet)
Anyway, why do you have Prodrive stickers on your car if its not been touched by prodrive (if you have the WRC graphics kit then fair doo's but if not,,,, )

The grounds of your thread suck and so does your attidude. I am sick of seeing this kind of rubbish on here from people who should know better. How many posts have you made??? Your like a little kid, grow up!!!!

Rant over........
And you're not a keyboard hero?? FFS!
Old 01 July 2005, 09:16 PM
ben1413
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately some poeple who own Impreza's are ***** but thankfully most aren't. But some people who drive BMW's are ***** and some aren't, it's just the way it goes. Not a dig at BMW's btw, just an expression.

I've got a 1994 WRX, I'm 24 with 5 yrs NCB but a driving ban 4 yrs ago and pay £1050 fully comp. I would have bought a UK car if I could have afforded the initial outlay but hey ho.

Ben

Originally Posted by speedystu
agree with you pimmo2000 its got to be the area cos i am 27 5years ncb tracker cat1 and i pay £640 full. so thats a lesson if you want a import " move "
Old 01 July 2005, 09:22 PM
speedystu
Scooby Regular

fair play to you ben1413 its the bmw drivers whom are usaly the *****, i came back from norwich to wiltshire today and stopped counting the number of ***** who came flying up me batty for a play or two, well i would of said at least 6 but two did take a fancy(the wife took a nice photo) of a fq400 with the little shark fins on the roof.

Quick Reply: People with old classic scoob imports are not really stupid.......... No really!!!!