Sponsored by:

Buying advice needed pls

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2005, 11:29 PM
Benny Blanco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying advice needed pls

I'm looking at a couple of Type UK STI Impreza's at the moment (03 onwards), and there are a few floating about with lower mileages and more owners than i would have expected. I'm used to cars being owned for a year or two and clocking up about 10k miles per year, but the car i'm looking at at the moment has about 12k miles and two owners in less than two years.

Is this a regular thing (i.e. people disposing off them after fewer miles than they would a more 'normal' car), or is this something to be wary of? (i.e. the car's been ragged and is now....i think the technical term is f**ked).

Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks

Ben.
Old 24 June 2005, 11:37 PM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

yeah mate,

Sti's are bought for people who want to drive to the extreme and use them in that way. Sometimes rich dudes buy them whilst waiting for their costly sports cars and use them on the track. Others buy them, crap themselves and get rid or get banned and have to get rid anyway.

Although very good cars they can be more costly to run and difficult to drive day-to-day thus people get shut of them more often.

I've driven a 2 owner one with 25k on the clock and it was rough and abused however there are some good examples out there if you look hard enough.

My WRX is a great car and does its daily duties to a fine art although would appreciate some of the features of the Sti when I start driving to the limits.

Don't be put off though.

Hope this helps

J.Clarkson
Old 25 June 2005, 12:00 AM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

My MY03 feels tighter than the day it was driven from the showroom... and hasn't been abused.... infact after 40k it runs much better than any scoob with low mileage as its been run all then time on the mway.... i've found that cars that are run like this run much better than car that are just thrapped around town with low mileage... its been that way with every car i've owned... and the same with the STI... it also handlemuch better than when it was new...

Dazza

its now for sale BTW.... cheap! too!
Old 25 June 2005, 01:03 AM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

try find out how many tires the car has had any more than one and stay clear

all STI's are ragged or why spend all that money on insurance and petrol - just some are looked after 12k should look and drive like new, my wrx didn't fully loosen up till 20k