Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"someones cut the springs down"....What?!

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2005, 04:22 PM
al3x
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry "someones cut the springs down"....What?!

Been having a knock from the rear of my classic for a bit now. Took it to Xtreme Scoobies in Chelmsford, Essex. I was hoping for top mount problems. No such luck. As well as the top mounts it seems some complete to*ser had put cut down springs on the rears, and heated and compressed springs on the front. Once on the ramp, and with the wheel hanging down, the spring had about 2" of travel between the top and bottom cup! . Needless to say I was advised to take it easy as the spring might pop out from the cup.
Bleedin` hell, like I need a bill for £470 (4 eibach springs, top mounts and fitting).
Oh well, what can I do.

Thanks for listening to my little rant!. If only I could get hold of the bloke that done this to my car!.

Alex
Old 24 June 2005, 04:28 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by al3x
Thanks for listening to my little rant!. If only I could get hold of the bloke that done this to my car!.

Alex
Sounds like a right botched attempt at lowering the car! Lucky things didn't go pear shaped before it was spotted by the sounds of it!

Still, look on the bright side, you'll shortly be running on a very tasty set of Eibachs! Best not think about the cost too much eh! That approach works well when you own a Scooby!

You're in very good hands with Xtreme too!

NS04
Old 24 June 2005, 04:32 PM
al3x
Scooby Regular

Yeah, don`t seem to be doing much saving since I bought the scoob!. Time to break out the old credit card me thinks!.
Hoping that the handling will be vastly improved with the right set up fitted.
Old 24 June 2005, 04:34 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Damn that sucks dude. The only thing i'll say is - suspension (and brakes) are something you kind of need to know will work. Think of it that its an upgrade not a fix of a bodge...... if the car had standard spring you'd obviously HAVE to get eibachs fitted

Make sure you get the geom done at the same time - god only know what the existing set up has done!

Jza
Old 24 June 2005, 04:37 PM
al3x
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I`m really glad that nothing bad has happened so far. Luckily I only use the car on weekends, so I havent done that many miles since I got it. But was thinking eariler about some fast cornering I have done......I was lucky.
Upgrades are always good, and everyone raves about the Eibach springs. If I had more money I would put STi struts in, but thats a no-go!