Sponsored by:

Subaru Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2005, 06:25 PM
scooby66
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Subaru Assistance

Anyone had any problems with them, the uk side seems ok but having lost my keys at La Mans last week I thought I would have the safety net of these people but things really went a bit pear shaped on the French side, a major beak down in coms.It seemed like the holiday from Hell!!!! It was going pete tong!!!!
Im not going to boar you all the facts ect. But DONT DROP YOUR KEYS IN FRANCE!!!!

I will have my scoob back on Friday and Martin Patton from sub. ast. is doing a really good job to sort out the mess.So any had any simlar????

Last edited by scooby66; 22 June 2005 at 09:39 PM.
Old 22 June 2005, 06:35 PM
GhostRider_ScoobY_style
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby66
Anyone had any problems with the the uk side seems ok but having lost my keys at La Mans last week I thought I would have the safety net of these people but things really went a bit pear shaped on the French side, a major beak down in coms.It seemed like the holiday from Hell!!!! It was going pete tong!!!!
Im not going to boar you all the facts ect. But DONT LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN FRANCE!!!!

I will have my scoob back on Friday and Martin Patton from sub. ast. is doing a really good job to sort out the mess.So any had any simlar????
I dunno even why they call it subaru assistance , when i couldn't turn my immboliser off this one time to start the car , they sent a volkswagon technician to me and he did not have a clue , in the end i had to get the towed to a subaru garage and had to get a whole new alarm system put in , this is when i had my 04 and was under warranty so it all worked out in the end , i dunno why paying 130£ a year with subaru assistance instead of 40£ AA cover because i thought if anything happens a subaru technician would come out to sort the problem.......... Yeah right.
Old 22 June 2005, 07:13 PM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GhostRider_ScoobY_style
I dunno even why they call it subaru assistance , when i couldn't turn my immboliser off this one time to start the car , they sent a volkswagon technician to me and he did not have a clue , in the end i had to get the towed to a subaru garage and had to get a whole new alarm system put in , this is when i had my 04 and was under warranty so it all worked out in the end , i dunno why paying 130£ a year with subaru assistance instead of 40£ AA cover because i thought if anything happens a subaru technician would come out to sort the problem.......... Yeah right.
I had the same, a vw guy turned up but i cant rate them highly enough, quick, knowledgeable regarding scoobs and generally nice guy. My problem was a loose cable to the alternator that was making the battery lights come on and the battery not charrge as it should. They sent me a questionaiire a few weeks back and i happily rated them highly. In my eyes i was well impressed.
J
Old 22 June 2005, 09:46 PM
scooby66
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyjimbo
I had the same, a vw guy turned up but i cant rate them highly enough, quick, knowledgeable regarding scoobs and generally nice guy. My problem was a loose cable to the alternator that was making the battery lights come on and the battery not charrge as it should. They sent me a questionaiire a few weeks back and i happily rated them highly. In my eyes i was well impressed.
J
Yes I agree ,I had them outfor a home start brill ,but If you had you nightmare that I had I thought I was in "trigger happy tv" or someting .But say that had to tell the fitter on the jump start that you can fry the ECU if you put both leads on the battery ,you have to put earth on the earthing post nearby.
Old 23 June 2005, 07:21 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

The only expirience i have had with them has been excellent.

Was during the snow, was having a bit a fun as you do, then steering felt like engine was off. Power steering gone buggered

Phoned assist up, car was collected within 20 mins , and within i would say 90 mins i was driving around in a private hire car, all organised by assist.

Car fixed in a couple of days by Subaru, cant say how chuffed i was witht the service recieved.
Old 23 June 2005, 09:09 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I agree ,I had them outfor a home start brill ,but If you had you nightmare that I had I thought I was in "trigger happy tv" or someting .But say that had to tell the fitter on the jump start that you can fry the ECU if you put both leads on the battery ,you have to put earth on the earthing post nearby.
What a load of old bollox...........

More scoobynet scaremongering "Putting both leads on the battery can fry the ECU"?

What is wrong with you people, are you all messed up in the head?

There's so much ****e in this dopey BBS now that quite frankly I find unreal.

Putting both leads on the battery can FRY the ECU.

Always start the car with the clutch fully engaged.

The "Famous" oil change procedure

Never use supermarket fuel

Only use XXX fuel with 17 bottles of octane booster for safety reasons!

Shaun
Old 23 June 2005, 09:22 AM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban

More scoobynet scaremongering "Putting both leads on the battery can fry the ECU"?

Shaun

Who's a grumpy b'stard, fell out of the wrong side of the cot this morning

Trending Topics

Old 23 June 2005, 09:37 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DevilHimSelf
Who's a grumpy b'stard, fell out of the wrong side of the cot this morning
Yes, t'is I here, I've moved into a bed now though - now as far to fall

Sorry, but I find it amazing, however......................

Greetings by the way from the sunny North.

Shaun
Old 23 June 2005, 05:40 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

I have to - won't turn over unless my foot is on the clutch!

Mine different then??
Old 23 June 2005, 06:00 PM
scooby66
Scooby Regular

Smile

Shaun
Ref this battery thing it does tell you jump start in this manner as per your hand book dear boy!!! Saw a guy at work in the car park jump his scoob battery to battery not puting the Neg to the engine earth post,yes he did bugger up his car.Fryed ecu and charge system.
Old 23 June 2005, 06:53 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Ref this battery thing it does tell you jump start in this manner as per your hand book dear boy!!! Saw a guy at work in the car park jump his scoob battery to battery not puting the Neg to the engine earth post,yes he did bugger up his car.Fryed ecu and charge system.

Yes but he was probably BOOST starting from another car, people in the breakdown trade tend not to boost start from another car.The equipment we use would not blow an ecu or any other component. The reason they tell you to not put both leads on the batery is for saftey. When the second lead is connected to the car which should be the earth it should be put on an earth point as far away from the battery as possible because as the last lead is connected there is a small spark. If the battery is gassing it is possible for it to explode.For this very same reason its illegal to Boost start in a petrol station.

The equipment used by breakdown companies is not live until after the leads are connected and then the boosterpack is switched on therefore there can be no spark.
Old 25 June 2005, 01:13 PM
scooby66
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbotits
Yes but he was probably BOOST starting from another car, people in the breakdown trade tend not to boost start from another car.The equipment we use would not blow an ecu or any other component. The reason they tell you to not put both leads on the batery is for saftey. When the second lead is connected to the car which should be the earth it should be put on an earth point as far away from the battery as possible because as the last lead is connected there is a small spark. If the battery is gassing it is possible for it to explode.For this very same reason its illegal to Boost start in a petrol station.

The equipment used by breakdown companies is not live until after the leads are connected and then the boosterpack is switched on therefore there can be no spark.

Thanks for that ,got my scoob back today two big dents in the O/S wing near the head light and both front alloys scuffed ,Im well pi$$ed off Sub Ast. told me they are looking in to it???? They what me to send some photo's of the damage .I'm not very happy with the service it was a string of mistakes to get the car home and now it's here its got two big dents in and two damaged wheels .Come on Ref. sort this out!!!
Old 25 June 2005, 02:01 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that ,got my scoob back today two big dents in the O/S wing near the head light and both front alloys scuffed ,Im well pi$$ed off Sub Ast. told me they are looking in to it???? They what me to send some photo's of the damage .I'm not very happy with the service it was a string of mistakes to get the car home and now it's here its got two big dents in and two damaged wheels .Come on Ref. sort this out!!!
Thats just not good enough i hope you get it sorted quickly
Old 27 June 2005, 08:16 PM
scooby66
Scooby Regular

Here are the pic's

Last edited by scooby66; 27 June 2005 at 08:18 PM.