Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow - you guys are running outta petrol, aren't you?

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2000, 09:16 PM
Basil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just visited the BBC to see how your fight to lower gas prices was going - apparently Blair says it'll be fine in a day or two - uh huh. Keep fighting the good fight!

Here's some interesting stats on how gas stations are holding out - yanked from the BBC's page:

Shell: 1,070 out of 1,100
Texaco: 1,000 out of 1,500
Esso: 850 out of 1,600
BP: 1,000 out of 1,500

The BBC certainly isn't making much of a ruckus about this, is it? Here in the states the media would be sounding like the world is coming to an end..

Basil
Old 12 September 2000, 09:37 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Basil
Hasn't Big Bad Bill got the biggest petrol lake in the world right now? (match anyone??)

PS - gas is the thing in our cookers...sorry stoves

PPS - sorry didn't mean to sound rude - just jealous because we've only got ten gallons of petrol in the whole of England!!

[This message has been edited by Dave T-S (edited 12 September 2000).]
Old 12 September 2000, 09:37 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
who controlls the BBC???

The government, thats who!!

free press my ****!!!!!

The thing is, the internet is here now and we have more info and power than ever before to make our voices heard.

This isnt going away!!!

The government AND the BBC are making bad judgements that we will not forget!!
Old 12 September 2000, 09:47 PM
adamson
Scooby Regular

Quote:

The thing is, the internet is here now and we have more info and power than ever before to make our voices heard.

The cynic in me says that is why the government is so keen on the RIP bill.

Craig.

Old 12 September 2000, 09:48 PM
Basil
Scooby Regular

Ah, ya see, we don't make the distinction between petrol and gas - another example of the english language going downhill, I guess.
And yes, Bill is sitting on a pretty big lake - although with most of the crap that spews from him, I'm gonna say it's gas, not petrol.. hehe..

Don't feel bad, John, we have a very similar situation in the states - a heavily liberal leaning media. Even our nightly news is becoming more and more of a bad tabloid TV episode. Coupled with the liberal gov't, it makes it hard to find fault in the gov't when watching the news. The whole bl0wj0b-gate ordeal was made out by the media to concern sex - I don't care about that - he lied, and he got caught - that's what concerned me. Of course, you never hear that, do you? Like I tell everyone here - remember this when you go to vote.

Basil

[This message has been edited by Basil (edited 12 September 2000).]
Old 12 September 2000, 09:54 PM
harryh
Scooby Regular

John F - How could we forget? We are reminded every 300 or so miles.
Old 12 September 2000, 10:00 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Basil

Sorry bout that - just wound up over the fact that it looks like Blair will probably fall in the **** over this and come up smelling of roses. We've got something in common - haven't you got a leader (for now) like that?

Thanx for taking an interest in the fact that we've also got a crap government that thinks we are stupid!!

Trending Topics

Old 12 September 2000, 10:17 PM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

Think the BBC may be playing it down on internet site as it is main item on the news, although the BBC is taking a bit of a positive spin on the fact that 5 tankers made it out of a refinery today, despite the fact that it took a poliice officer in each cab and 4 police cars for each tanker.

Like that can go on for any length of time
Old 12 September 2000, 10:29 PM
harryh
Scooby Regular

Cool

They can only afford two use four Police cars per tanker because they know that nobody has enough petrol left to exceed the speed limit
Old 13 September 2000, 12:13 PM
Basil
Scooby Regular

No offense taken - I'd be pretty wound up as well, believe me.. I drive about 75 miles a day just to get to work - I can't imagine paying $100 bucks to fill the tank - I bought my Imp in October and have nearly 20k miles - that's a lot of fill-ups. I feel for you guys, believe me.

So the BBC IS making a fuss, eh? I was pretty surprised when I didn't find anything on the website. Well, looks like they are. I'm watching BBC World News on BBC America, but I get the feeling I'm not seeing much.

It's good to hear things are not going how Blair wants. I watched him completely disarm you guys (even helped a few brits find places for their firearms over here), and now it seems they're BENT on making it finacially impossible to drive. Now's the time to draw the line, and I'm glad to see it's being done - don't let them take anything else from you. For what it's worth, we Scooby owners in the states are behind ya..

Basil