Shafted by Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2005, 09:29 PM
Dirty Bus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shafted by Subaru

Hey
Sorry if this has been covered before. I wondered how many owners out there feel they have been shafted by the new free P.P. Pack deal.
I certainly have been with my 2005 STI PPP. Before any of you say tough sh## , I don't think its my fault I'm not psychic.

J.
Old 09 June 2005, 09:34 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Depending on how soon you bought it, to when the "free PPP" offer came on line, you could try giving IM a shout. Perhaps some dealer goodwill may become apparant (sp?)

Worth a try.......

Best of luck

Dan
Old 09 June 2005, 09:47 PM
Dirty Bus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Depending on how soon you bought it, to when the "free PPP" offer came on line, you could try giving IM a shout. Perhaps some dealer goodwill may become apparant (sp?)

Worth a try.......

Best of luck

Dan
Hey Dan,
Interesting you should ask when I bought it, does this make a difference ? cos subaru customer services asked me the same thing. It makes me wonder if they may do something for you if you missed it by a few days? I bought the car end of feb and PPP April
Old 09 June 2005, 09:54 PM
pistonbroke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirty Bus
Hey Dan,
Interesting you should ask when I bought it, does this make a difference ? cos subaru customer services asked me the same thing. It makes me wonder if they may do something for you if you missed it by a few days? I bought the car end of feb and PPP April

did you get anywhere with them on this?

anyone got the number for IM cust services?

cheers
Old 09 June 2005, 10:03 PM
Dirty Bus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pistonbroke
did you get anywhere with them on this?

anyone got the number for IM cust services?

cheers
The Number is 0121 522 2000

No I got nowhere, so I'm in the process of writing to the GM .
Old 09 June 2005, 10:09 PM
pistonbroke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirty Bus
The Number is 0121 522 2000

No I got nowhere, so I'm in the process of writing to the GM .

ok cheers, best of luck

Kev
Old 09 June 2005, 10:18 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

As above - best of luck

Dan

Trending Topics

Old 09 June 2005, 10:28 PM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

I personally think its bad form from IM. They consistantly rob the UK of better spec'ed cars and charge more for them. Then they have the cheek to kick the overpaying UK public in the knackers with this deal. Yeah, great deal if you are buying now and if i was considering the STi (or WRX) now or wait for the 06 model, i would defo get the STi with PPP now.

The deal should be back dated to include all post 2005 cars imo.

Good luck with your letter, i hope the b@stards have a concience
Old 10 June 2005, 12:11 AM
stair
Scooby Regular

felt the same when the 3 year free servicing came in about a month after I bought my WRX from the dealer I have been using for many years. Then I found out how much extra it cost for an equivalent service compared with the old GL (almost double for an intermediate) and it adds up when you need 2 services a year.

Feeling ripped off so I'm afraid they have lost my business, despite the relative inconvenience of having to travel a bit its off to a reputable indepenent for me

Stair
Old 10 June 2005, 01:00 AM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Interesting this one.

I recently took my new WRX in for its first 1k service, and, as I bought mine about 2 weeks before the PPP offer (I did get free servicing BTW), I asked about the PPP. The salesman I had bought from stated that they, themselves, do not find out about these deals until the day before it starts, to prevent them passing this onto the customer.

Could actually be true, but I was unsure of whether or not to believe them.
Old 10 June 2005, 07:19 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Suabru are as usual playing their cards close to their chest with desperate measures to sell cars - screwing those of us that purchased the car without all these goodies. Mine was the first crystal grey in the country, and had been ordered about 3 months prior, yet although the free servicing offer was on, it was only for MY04 cars. Now, PPP is only for MY05 cars bought now (although my PPP was fitted in Jan). This will no doubt end soon when MY06 is announced and off we go again. Cheeky fockers they are - very cheeky. But who's the mugs? Us...
Old 10 June 2005, 07:38 AM
sparkykev
Scooby Regular

Location: Ex WRX now a Harley Iron. Warwickshire. Oh what fun...

I think they have to draw the line somewhere, and whenever they start a deal, someone is going to miss out by a day or two and be upset. Thats life i'm afraid, the same happens when you by electrical goods, clothes etc, you can buy them one day and they're half price the next.
As they seem to be offering these ppp or servicing deals for half the year, the best idea if you're in the market for a new car is to hang on until the offers come around again.
Old 10 June 2005, 07:54 AM
Azyman
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=sparkykev]I think they have to draw the line somewhere, and whenever they start a deal, someone is going to miss out by a day or two and be upset. Thats life i'm afraid, the same happens when you by electrical goods, clothes etc, you can buy them one day and they're half price the next.
QUOTE]
well yes but a car is probly the second most costly purchase in your life so to put it in the same as clothing and electrical equipment i find that hard as for salesmen not knowing sales people make money from you, thats simple so they will tell you what you want to hear either do the ppp for the hole year or dont simple
Old 10 June 2005, 08:26 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Get real you people. Do you take some of your weekly shop bck to Tesco's, Waitrose etc every week because the price has dropped on a special offer. No you dont. You know theres a new model coming out so its obvious dealers,IM will want to shift a few extra cars to make way for the new model. So IM dangles a carrot. Thats life I'm afraid.

Chip
Old 10 June 2005, 08:45 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I can see what you're saying Chip, but in all fairness, I don't think that you can't really compare household consumables, or lower-end purchases to this instance (IMHO).

Now, I must stress that this deal doesn't affect me (I've got a classic), and I'm trying not to stir up anything, BUT out of goodwill or as a gesture to maintain good customer relations, IM could (note I haven't said "should") offer or extend the offer to include those who've *just* missed out. After all we're talking about a considerable amount of investment from these purchasers, all drawn to the marque for various reasons. But surely as a new customer, I'm sure you can imagine that it is a bitter pill to swallow.
Or perhaps IM are not thinking about the repeat business (the bigger picture).....

All IMHO, of course

Dan
Old 10 June 2005, 09:00 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Dan,
Yeah I know my comparison was a little extreme but I thought I'd keep it simple so they could understand what I was on about

Chip
Old 10 June 2005, 09:01 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

You owe my a replacement for my coffee-soaked monitor!!!

Dan
Old 10 June 2005, 09:28 AM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
Get real you people. Do you take some of your weekly shop bck to Tesco's, Waitrose etc every week because the price has dropped on a special offer. No you dont. You know theres a new model coming out so its obvious dealers,IM will want to shift a few extra cars to make way for the new model. So IM dangles a carrot. Thats life I'm afraid.

Chip
But (apparently) if you buy clothes from Monsoon with their store card, and the price is reduced, you can claim back the difference. Saved 80% on a bridemaid dress that way
Old 10 June 2005, 09:37 AM
Squadron-Leader
Scooby Regular

I bought my MY04 in April 04... and then a month or two later Subaru announce 3 year free servicing.

I'd seen the free servicing get a few mentions on Scoobynet, so I asked when buying "Does this deal include the 3 years free servicing offer?"... "I've not heard of that sir. Where did you hear that?"

Anyway.... a few months later the dealership was offering the 3 years free servicing.

Bad timing on my part I guess.

J.
Old 10 June 2005, 09:42 AM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
BUT out of goodwill or as a gesture to maintain good customer relations, IM could (note I haven't said "should") offer or extend the offer to include those who've *just* missed out.
But then there will STILL be folks who just miss out. If they extend it to the last month of sales, those who bought a month and one day before miss out...

Guys, sorry to be harsh, but this is business. As sparkykev says, if you're in the market for a new car and price is your most important factor (rather than having, say, DCCD, or the MY06 shape) , best to look at where the market is going, work out when the deals are likely to be, and plan accordingly.
Old 10 June 2005, 09:53 AM
Rewolf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Squadron-Leader
I bought my MY04 in April 04... and then a month or two later Subaru announce 3 year free servicing.

I'd seen the free servicing get a few mentions on Scoobynet, so I asked when buying "Does this deal include the 3 years free servicing offer?"... "I've not heard of that sir. Where did you hear that?"

Anyway.... a few months later the dealership was offering the 3 years free servicing.

Bad timing on my part I guess.

J.
Odd... my WRX 04 registered 01/04/2004 (according to V5C), and delivered that day did qualify for free servicing, although the dealer didn't know it at the time. He called me at home on the Saterday morning to give me the good news!

Haven't paid a thing for servicing yet....
Old 10 June 2005, 10:03 AM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

A garages objective is to inject life into their sales and do so by offering special deals from time to time. It's a bummer that some poeple miss out but this is true for any other purchase. The quote about Tescos was pertinent as it was regarding customer purchases irrespective of the price or product. However, Tescos customers DO return goods to benefit from such reductions LOL.

If Argos sold subarus, you could excersise you right to the 16 day money back guarantee
Old 10 June 2005, 10:11 AM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

i dont even get a recognition from some the sales staff when i last visited. Its only the service department (ironically) that are any cop and actually make me feel welcome.

The evo dealers though, well. Theyre very nice people
Old 10 June 2005, 10:44 AM
DarkStar66
Scooby Regular

Put yourself in the position of a car sales person. Do you tell a potential customer that if he waited a month they will get free PPP and therefore loose some commission in the current month and a bit more because the PPP will be free? Who knows if that person will be back in a months time anyway?

As a more valid comparison. Say you bought a house just before the housing market collapsed, would you expect the vendor to give you some money back?

I didn't realise there were so many naive people out there!
Old 10 June 2005, 11:40 AM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Don't mean to offend anyone (or sound like pslewis) but get over it, it's a fact of life that thing's change, if you don't want to take the chance of getting a worse deal than someone else don't buy the thing to start with. And yes before you ask, this has happened to me in the past, on more than one occassion, not with Subaru's but other car manafacturer's and motocycle's. If Subaru agree to compensate those who "just missed out", where will it stop? Will all the people who bought a car, just before those who got compensated, expect to get compensated, and so on, it would be a never ending story. I know it's not a nice thing to happen to you, BUT at the end of the day no one forced you to buy your car when you did.
Old 10 June 2005, 12:04 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Ive just bought Windows 95 !!
Old 10 June 2005, 12:30 PM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

A little off topic but does anybody know when the free servicing offer started and ended, my wrx was first registered on 31/12/2004. but I bought it as a pre-registered car therefore if the free servicing was on at the time does my car qualify?

Thanks

Naz
Old 10 June 2005, 01:03 PM
DarkStar66
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DBY
Ive just bought Windows 95 !!

Thought you'd hang on for a better deal a little while longer eh? Did it come with a free 100Mhz Pentium I PC?
Old 10 June 2005, 01:14 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DarkStar66

Thought you'd hang on for a better deal a little while longer eh? Did it come with a free 100Mhz Pentium I PC?

No mine came with the 50 Mhz Pentium, the 100Mhz was launched 3 months later I was Gutted, Still on the old model I managed to negotiate a £2000 reduction on the list price LOL

John
Old 10 June 2005, 05:51 PM
Dirty Bus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sparkykev
I think they have to draw the line somewhere, and whenever they start a deal, someone is going to miss out by a day or two and be upset. Thats life i'm afraid, the same happens when you by electrical goods, clothes etc, you can buy them one day and they're half price the next.
As they seem to be offering these ppp or servicing deals for half the year, the best idea if you're in the market for a new car is to hang on until the offers come around again.
I have already thought of this one in my letter. As far as I'm concerned its not the same thing. Its not like buying a shirt 3 days prior to the Jan sales: Its a car of value £28000 - usually the second most expensive purchase you'll make after your house- and i dont feel you should have to be psychic to get the best deal.
J

Quick Reply: Shafted by Subaru