Sponsored by:

Sti PPP Vs Evo FQ340

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2005, 10:43 PM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sti PPP Vs Evo FQ340

Was reading this vs feature in a mag recently and the verdict was the evo was slightly better. Why do they always compare these 2 specs?

Surely it would be fairer if it was the sti PPP vs evo FQ 300 in which case i think the sti would take the verdict
Old 27 May 2005, 11:32 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leonpoole
Was reading this vs feature in a mag recently and the verdict was the evo was slightly better. Why do they always compare these 2 specs?

Surely it would be fairer if it was the sti PPP vs evo FQ 300 in which case i think the sti would take the verdict
also read some articles aobut this recently.

Jap performance, although rating the 340 slightly ahead, also said on any given road there was nothing between them ie on a real road, no difference. they also preferred the Impreza generally.

Track and Race Cars also ran an article (June 205 edition) where they have recently tested the FQ320, and the PPP STi won in thier opinion. STi was a second a lap quicker, and they reckoned "the Impreza makes mincemeat of the FQ320" and "this is the weapon of choice over the FQ320 any day of the week".

so, dont loose heart, it seems the MY05 STi PPP is equal to FQ series overall, and better than some of them!!
Old 28 May 2005, 04:35 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my dad's bigger than your dad! How many more threads of "this is better than that" do we have to have? In the real world, on a real road, with real drivers, paying real money for petrol, there will be nothing in them!! When I had the V I was whooped by standard wrx STI, etc (cuss I wasn't racing) And i've given a Wr1, 911 turbo a run for it's money, prolly cuss he wasn't racing. at the end of the day they are both great cars, lets leave it at that.
dave
Old 28 May 2005, 05:14 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

never a truer word mate
Old 28 May 2005, 06:41 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

When did you sell the Evo Dave?
Old 29 May 2005, 03:01 PM
Andy-pay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by misty
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my dad's bigger than your dad! How many more threads of "this is better than that" do we have to have? In the real world, on a real road, with real drivers, paying real money for petrol, there will be nothing in them!! When I had the V I was whooped by standard wrx STI, etc (cuss I wasn't racing) And i've given a Wr1, 911 turbo a run for it's money, prolly cuss he wasn't racing. at the end of the day they are both great cars, lets leave it at that.
dave
dont think the thread was about "racing in the real world", just commenting about car mags and the perennial opinion that the Evo is the 'better' performer, but the Impreza the better 'all rounder'.

but recently this opinion is shifting, it would seem, which surely is a good thing for Impreza fans?