Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting difficult to buy a Subaru?

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2005, 11:54 AM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting difficult to buy a Subaru?

I've been trying to get an extended test drive in an STi for a while now. First port of call at Fenny Stratford closed. PPP came in and had to wait for that to be fitted at Cotswold, Witney. Just phoned up and they've stopped the sales side of the business on Wednesday?! No profit in it apparently!

The best dealers in the world at Fenny Compton closed ages ago, and my other local dealer are so poor I wouldn't consider giving them my money.

At this rate you can put up as many 'photoshop' efforts of the 06 STi that you like, there may not be any dealers to sell them!
Old 27 May 2005, 12:22 PM
abc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rioja
I've been trying to get an extended test drive in an STi for a while now. First port of call at Fenny Stratford closed. PPP came in and had to wait for that to be fitted at Cotswold, Witney. Just phoned up and they've stopped the sales side of the business on Wednesday?! No profit in it apparently!
Sorry, perhaps it's me, but are you saying that Cotswold have ceased selling?
Old 27 May 2005, 12:57 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

They have closed the MK site (fenny) and the staff have moved to Cotswold. Still offering servicing for MK cars on a collect & return basis fyi.

Simon
Old 27 May 2005, 04:41 PM
abc
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by simo
They have closed the MK site (fenny) and the staff have moved to Cotswold. Still offering servicing for MK cars on a collect & return basis fyi.

Simon
I had an extended test drive booked with Cotswold over the weekend and have just come off the phone to them.

Sad news: as of a couple of days ago they are retrenching to servicing only for a couple of months after which they hope to be selling again. So, no test drive. Cotswold and MK are run by the same business. Simon Bagley couldn't have been more helpful in what he's offered to do to try to sort something out.