Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UK Turbo to STI Type RA V-Lim - promise this is the last post!

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2005, 05:27 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default UK Turbo to STI Type RA V-Lim - promise this is the last post!

I'm going to have a look at Classic STI RA V Limited on Sunday. Its the Sonic Blue one with the Blue alcantara seats and generally all the best bits that were ever fitted to a classic. The car is on an S plate 1999 and visually looks like a V5 (last ver front bumper and STI rear spoiler but without the flick of the V6). I haven't got much info on the car so don't know how long its been in the country. Its quoted as having 65K but I don't know if that is all miles or if some of it is in KMs. My UK car is on 59 ish and seems fine so I guess 65K shouldn't be too bad but how important is it to run octane booster etc. I'll be keeping my KLink and gauges to keep an eye on things.

Anyway, insurance as expected is a big chunk higher but I'm aware of this. My main concern is that is it really going to drink that much more fuel than my MY00 (also Sonic Blue ) and am I worrying unduly about it being more likely to blow up than my UK turbo.

If nothing else I'll give it a whirl to see how much difference there is between the two. If I like it it will then depend on what deal they are prepared to go with taking my UK turbo in exchange.

And I PROMISE this is the very last post on the subject!!! thanks for the patience.
Old 25 May 2005, 05:34 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well.....i had a MY98 WRX (276 bhp standard) and have just bought a MY95 sti ra V-LTD and the new car is completly different! much much quicker through the gears......should be a beast compared to your uk car just got a bit of a problem with it now though!

shouldn't blow up if you look after it properly!

i thought v-limited only came in the V-LTD colour!
Old 25 May 2005, 05:35 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Personally I would be worried about buying a 6yr old car that was designed for 100RON fuel with 65k on the clock not knowing if it had been run on 95 fuel for several thousand of those miles.
Check the history very carefully before handing over the cash.

Yes, I would run it on Octane booster if I were you just to be sure. Either that or get it mapped for UK fuel if funds alllow.

Never driven one myself so can't comment on the other questions. Good luck
Old 25 May 2005, 06:03 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I'd run booster and optimax until I had it mapped for UK fuel. I'll just have to dig though the history and see what that tells me.

Its up at a dealers for 8999 which seems quite cheap for an RA V Lim.

Peachy, whats up with your V Lim. Although I won't be too happy about it I could scrape together enough for a rebuild but I'd be annoyed with myself for getting rid of a perfectly good car for one which gives me grief. Last import I bought was a Pulsar GTIR and that was about as stable as my misses at the wrong end of the month!!!

Last edited by EddScott; 25 May 2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 25 May 2005, 06:33 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

not to sure mate! might be boost solenoid! really missing once the turbo comes in