Sponsored by:

bladdy barstewards...

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2005, 03:22 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down bladdy barstewards...

...i was on the M25 J6 when my road angel was going mental and i looked up to the bridge and saw what i thought were 2 workmen up there.....it was 2 traffic cops with speed guns aiming through the signs at the traffic nearly hidden
are they allowed to hide and do it? also the cameras on the bridges were grey, i thought they had to be visable now
Old 25 May 2005, 03:58 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Jesus, what lengths will they go to next just to catch a few people a few mph over the limit

I think ( May be wrong ) But its only fixed cameras that have to be painted yellow and visable.

I know the c**t who got me before christmas was hiding behind a bush !!
Old 25 May 2005, 04:36 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

the 2 traffic cops were wearing a bloody bridge
dont know if i got caught though
Old 25 May 2005, 06:20 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

If you got the laser alert then almost certainly they got a speed, so it's just a case of how fast you were going. Your 14 days starts now.
Old 25 May 2005, 07:47 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

i dont know what it was going of for, i can only assume it was pointed at me, there were speed restrictions on that part of the M25 and cameras on every other bridge
snot fair
Old 25 May 2005, 08:11 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Laser detectors are pointless....by the time it beeps you've been measured.
Old 25 May 2005, 08:14 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

how does it work?, how does the gun know what car its picking up, especially on a busy motorway
i could always pretend i am a footballer and get away with it
Old 25 May 2005, 08:50 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
how does it work?, how does the gun know what car its picking up, especially on a busy motorway
i could always pretend i am a footballer and get away with it
The laser beam is much smaller than radar - they can easily pick out a single car on a busy road. The camera overlays a cross hair on the picture so it is clear exactly which car is targetted.
Old 25 May 2005, 08:53 PM
Brother_Will
Scooby Regular

Right the law as far as i understand it, speed camera partnerships have to paint there cameras yellow (s.c. partnerships= local authorities that want a shame of the cameras revenue) Any camera not under control of a partnership can be painted any colour they want. All cameras have to be signed mobile or otherwise as do hand held devices.
Old 25 May 2005, 09:12 PM
tyron.c
Scooby Regular

saw a really sneaky one the other day, copper was standing at the side of the road, with his back to oncoming traffic. As i got closer i noticed he had a speed gun pointing under his arm at the traffic behind!
Old 25 May 2005, 09:54 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

i'd have ran the tw@t over
Old 25 May 2005, 10:23 PM
WRXtra power
Scooby Regular

So let me get this right. Snoopers, road angels, and all other speed trap detecters actually tell you you have been caught!!! So they don't actually warn you so you can slow down and avoid detection???
Whats the point in that? Was going to get one but think I will save my money now...
Old 25 May 2005, 10:58 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

The GPS part will alert you to fixed cameras in plenty of time to slow up. However cos a lazer beam is hitting your lazer detector it goes off. The only way to beat a beam is to jam it and thats illegal, you can only pray that you detect beam scatter of the car infront being targeted giving you chance to slow.
Old 25 May 2005, 10:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Oh, dear - caught speeding, was this on the way to, or on the way from, viewing a LawnMower Engine at Gatwick??

I have put the money I could have spent on a detector in a special account, it will pay for any speeding fines I get ...... best way to spend your money IMO

Then, if like me, you don't speed - treat yourself with the money saved by not buying stupid electronic gizmos that do nothing and are illegal to own from 1st June!!

Pete
Old 25 May 2005, 11:09 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

You know what happens if you get caught speeding so why fookin moan
Old 25 May 2005, 11:22 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon C
The GPS part will alert you to fixed cameras in plenty of time to slow up. However cos a lazer beam is hitting your lazer detector it goes off. The only way to beat a beam is to jam it and thats illegal, you can only pray that you detect beam scatter of the car infront being targeted giving you chance to slow.

simon, i drive a bright yellow classic with black graffix.......who do you think they were pointing at?.....
Old 25 May 2005, 11:23 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny E
You know what happens if you get caught speeding so why fookin moan

cos i'm a woman
Old 25 May 2005, 11:30 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I can see the Headlines

"Custard Scooby Clocked Doing 98MPH Whilst Driver Studies Lawn Mower Engine Catalogue"

'Driver Complains That She Couldn't Possibly Understand That Round Thing With Numbers On In The DashBoard, She Is Only A Woman'

Pete
Old 25 May 2005, 11:33 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

simon, i drive a bright yellow classic with black graffix.......who do you think they were pointing at?.....
Sarah, I know what you drive, I have to I live near you!!!

believe it or not, they may not have pointing at you. The next 14 days will tell
Old 25 May 2005, 11:39 PM
rjlinney
Scooby Regular

For anyone who's interested - I'd definitely recommend a Snooper.
I bought an S4 recently (GPS based with laser detctor) and it really is great.

I agree with what everyone's saying about the laser detector being pretty well useless - but the GPS locator is bl*dy brilliant! The Snooper even tells you what the limit is, so you're not left wondering if it's a 30 or a 40! (As well as the camera type - and it knows all about SPECS!)

I reckon they actually make you a safer/slower driver than not having one!!
I know it's off topic - but thought I'd chuck it in anyway!
Top marks to Snooper - better than the Road Angels IMHO.
Old 26 May 2005, 12:06 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by WRXtra power
So let me get this right. Snoopers, road angels, and all other speed trap detecters actually tell you you have been caught!!! So they don't actually warn you so you can slow down and avoid detection???
Whats the point in that? Was going to get one but think I will save my money now...
No mate, RAs and all GPS based systems will give you plenty of notice of all fixed cameras. It's the lazer detection which can be a bit more of a "your nicked" device than an instrument of warning. It's not the device's fault , it only takes a lazer gun a fraction of a second to get a reading on your speed. The RA or other device will clock it immediately, but by the time you've reduced your speed the policeman will have had more than enough time to take the picture. Only real way of preventing getting caught by a lazer is to fit a "garage door opener" *Cough* lazer jammer! *cough* Incidentally, sometimes on a motorway or other busy road, you may get a lucky 'lazer bounce' off a car in front of you having its speed checked, in this instance you would have enough time to adjust your speed, so it's not all bad news.

I have a RA2 and very impressive it is too! Invaluable when driving in an unfamiliar area.

NS04
Old 26 May 2005, 12:42 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

if the RA's are so unreliable why did we all go rushing off on boxing day to pay £175 cos they were in a sale when they are bladdy useless

i often find my biggest problem is your RA going off and you are unsure of the speed limit...think its time to upgrade me thinks
Old 26 May 2005, 12:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

if the RA's are so unreliable why did we all go rushing off on boxing day to pay £175 cos they were in a sale when they are bladdy useless

i often find my biggest problem is your RA going off and you are unsure of the speed limit...think its time to upgrade me thinks
Upgrade to what?? Sticking to the speed limit would be upgrading!!

Go on, do it, think out of the box and obey the speed limits ...... and whats this about being unsure of the speed limit (you HAVE passed your test, haven't you?! )

Pete
Old 26 May 2005, 12:55 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

its the 30s and the 40s a get muddled up with, never know if its in a town or not if i am unfamilier with the area

can i borrow your tin to pay my fines with as you dont neet it ta
Old 26 May 2005, 01:07 PM
mr & mrs carlos uk300
Scooby Regular

Hiya SS, sorry to hear ya may have been snooped, bladdy sh*tters, how's you apart from that, i havent been on here much recently, been to busy breaking windows and scratching my car Mr Carlos hasn't been a happy chappy with me lately, but i think he's coming round to the idea that i may be as clumsy as you.
Old 26 May 2005, 01:18 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Then, if like me, you don't speed - treat yourself with the money saved by not buying stupid electronic gizmos that do nothing and are illegal to own from 1st June!!

Pete
Not totally true Pete - sorry. Laser detectors are to be made illegal as they actually 'read' the laser, rehardless of whether it's too late or not. GPS based systems, such as Origin b2, are not illegal as they do not actually read anything and, to be honest, there is no way of policing this as PDA's etc and sat nav can have this installed as well. Then again, you're doing nothing wrong by having fixed points identifying area sto slow down.

I wasn't sure that it was definately happening to the laser detetors - maybe it is. It does mean that 'officially' anyone with a laser detetctor as part of their GPS system has to remove it, which is no bad thing as they are pretty pants anyway given, as per this disussions, it's generally too late.

Andy
Old 26 May 2005, 01:21 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr & mrs carlos uk300
Hiya SS, sorry to hear ya may have been snooped, bladdy sh*tters, how's you apart from that, i havent been on here much recently, been to busy breaking windows and scratching my car Mr Carlos hasn't been a happy chappy with me lately, but i think he's coming round to the idea that i may be as clumsy as you.

lol you could never be as bad as me, what the **** have you done;lol:

tell mr carlos he will end up diced and sliced
moff to wales this afternoon
Old 26 May 2005, 01:27 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mightyyid
Not totally true Pete - sorry. Laser detectors are to be made illegal as they actually 'read' the laser, rehardless of whether it's too late or not. GPS based systems, such as Origin b2, are not illegal as they do not actually read anything and, to be honest, there is no way of policing this as PDA's etc and sat nav can have this installed as well. Then again, you're doing nothing wrong by having fixed points identifying area sto slow down.

I wasn't sure that it was definately happening to the laser detetors - maybe it is. It does mean that 'officially' anyone with a laser detetctor as part of their GPS system has to remove it, which is no bad thing as they are pretty pants anyway given, as per this disussions, it's generally too late.

Andy
This bill wasn't passed through in time, i.e. before the election, so at the moment there is nothing going through to ban them
Old 26 May 2005, 01:29 PM
mr & mrs carlos uk300
Scooby Regular

lol you could never be as bad as me, what the **** have you done;lol:

tell mr carlos he will end up diced and sliced
moff to wales this afternoon
First i went to a friends house, come back tippsy (drunk) he thought i had my keyes and so went to bed and locked the door, so i threw a little stone at the bedroom window and it fooking smashed, waiting for the glazier bloke to come and fit a new D/G unit today, then a couple of days later reversed the car out of the garage and accidently hit Carls metal tool box so now i have some new free graphics going from the passanger side bumper to the wing Going camping tomorrow so that should be pretty interesting, i wonder how many burns i can get on my legs this year from tripping over guy ropes
Old 26 May 2005, 01:54 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr & mrs carlos uk300
First i went to a friends house, come back tippsy (drunk) he thought i had my keyes and so went to bed and locked the door, so i threw a little stone at the bedroom window and it fooking smashed, waiting for the glazier bloke to come and fit a new D/G unit today, then a couple of days later reversed the car out of the garage and accidently hit Carls metal tool box so now i have some new free graphics going from the passanger side bumper to the wing Going camping tomorrow so that should be pretty interesting, i wonder how many burns i can get on my legs this year from tripping over guy ropes
lol what a muppet
just make sure that you dont do any nekkid BBQing

how did you manage to break DG unit with a likkle stone

Quick Reply: bladdy barstewards...