Sponsored by:

What is it with some people?

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2000, 10:18 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Coming back from Plymouth yesterday I was joing the A38 off the M5 and was stopped at some lights where two roads merge, someone in a RAV4 thing was stopped too but on the bit that was already the A38. The lights went green and I hoofed it, RAVman then decides to flash manicly at me for quite some time leading me to think that there was either a copper close, or he was a copper or something was attached to the back of my car i.e a cyclist or something. Now he didn't pull me over and there were no signs of someone hanging on so whatthe hell was that all about??? Was it cos I 'undertook' him?

Later on 2 cars doing 40 in a 60 were getting annoying, the second was not making any effort to overtake so in a clear stretch of road I overtake the two of them, there is a van approaching from the other direction but by the time I have performed my manouver about 5 seconds have passed before the van passes me. Then in the rear view mirror slowcoach is flashing madly and van man appears to have a problem with his wrist and can't stop shaking it. WTF is that all about??? The only danger was nobby in front of me pulling out whilst I'm overtaking him.
Why these two had a problem with me overtaking when they are going 20 mph lower than the speed limit is completely beyond me. Maybe van man was wrist wiggling at flasher man behind me for being such a plonker....

Does anyone else get this sort of attitude? I can only assume people underestimate the power of the Scoob.
Old 11 September 2000, 11:06 AM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Rich

Shouldn't worry too much about it mate.
I've had the odd similar encounter in the past. We probably all have.

Maybe use this rule of thumb:
If a (sensible) Traffic Copper was watching the above events, would he/she have stopped you?

It's a jungle out there....

Rich
Old 11 September 2000, 02:29 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem with a Ranger Rover on Saturday, Wife Driving

Dual Carriage way 70 limit, slow moving cars [50 ish] Range Rover doing about 60 to go past, then does not want to move over, Wife moves to the inside a bit so I can look to see if anything else is on the inside, there was nothing so back behind the Range Rover, quick flash of the lights, Ranger Rover then stamps on the brakes. Very nice of him, so we move to the inside so does he, back to the outside etc, so I tell the wife to drop back and then floor it, which she does, as we go hammering past the **** driving is giving funny hand movements, so is his woman, he then swerves at us, missing and start flashing and all manner of ****e, wife just ignores it, but I'm all up for using my crutch [knee op] to realign his lights, windows and life in general etc etc, but fortunatly for all conserned the wife did not let it happen.

Old 11 September 2000, 02:44 PM
SWOLL
Scooby Regular

Wink

You lads do make me laugh.

I would suggest that you get yourself BMW 3 series as I'm sure they would suit your driving techniques.

Oh and Barge, if you don't wan't aggravation I would suggest that patience is a virtue, and being flashed at from behind is f****G annoying.
Old 11 September 2000, 02:55 PM
sgould
Scooby Regular

I have had problems with stupid ***** thinking there 1.1 is faster both in a straight line and around corners than my Turbo. (HA AS IF)

Typical woman driver on the Dual Cariage way, driving in the second lane at 60 - no other cars in sight, except fo me and another car behind her. He undertakes after getting annoyed and beeping his horn. I politely flash her a couple of times, nothing.
I try again, nothing.
After several minutes flashing her I get pissed off and undertake her (I know its illegal and I wounldn't usually, but it nicer than raming her).

Is it just me or do second lane drivers **** YOU OFF.
Old 11 September 2000, 02:57 PM
sgould
Scooby Regular

Angry

Oh and if being flashed from behind is annoying then MOVE OUT OF THE FU%KING WAY!
Old 11 September 2000, 03:08 PM
SWOLL
Scooby Regular

You really do need to relax more sgould.

Can you undertake legally as long as you aren't breaking the speed limit?????

I admit that this is irritating thought sgould, but ****ers flashing there lights is still ****ing annoying.

(This comes from the experience of being tailgated and flashed to move whilst doing 90 in the outside lane of the motorway, even though the middle lane was full. Where the **** the **** thought I could go is beyond me)