1st year underbody treatment

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2005, 02:22 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st year underbody treatment

Hi

I've just had my 10k service & first year underbody service. Much of the car seems to be covered with a light film of oil.

What's the best way to clean this? I test-cleaned the back bumper by a full Swissol cleanse & wax. Is this what people have to do? A full wash, cleanse & wax job?
Old 18 May 2005, 02:46 PM
rallyfan1977
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Hi

I've just had my 10k service & first year underbody service. Much of the car seems to be covered with a light film of oil.

What's the best way to clean this? I test-cleaned the back bumper by a full Swissol cleanse & wax. Is this what people have to do? A full wash, cleanse & wax job?
I just had my underbody service done and didn't experience this at all, the only way I knew it had been done was when I got home and put it on the ramp to check.
There was no film of oil anywhere on the car - if I were you i'd pop back to the dealers and ask them to rectify.
Old 18 May 2005, 06:03 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your advice. I won't take it back for the dealers to rectify as they'll just put industrial chemicals on the paintwork & use their sweeping brush to wash the car. I never let dealers wash my car! I will fix it myself - just need some hints whether a wash/cleanse/wax would do it. A few test spot cleans fixed it, but it made the cloths very oily.