Origin b2 radar detector

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2005, 03:28 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Origin b2 radar detector

got this email from origin

The eagerly anticipated Origin b2 radar detector accessory provides alerts for mobile K-Band radar traps used by a number of UK police forces. It also shows whether Gatso fixed installation cameras (which work by emitting a 'K' band radar signal) are live or switched off.

With the aim of reducing false alarms, Origin have provided users with a 'Smart Mode' allowing them to set a speed under which they will not receive the full alert.

The radar detector connects directly into the Origin b2 cable management system and is compatible with all Origin b2 and b2 Solo units, irrespective of purchase date. The radar detector will be affixed behind the front grill of your vehicle.

They will be ready to ship in late May 2005.

Please note: If you have an outstanding order for a radar detector or if you order within 6 weeks of the first arrival date in the UK you will be able to purchase the unit for just £99.95 inc. VAT (plus delivery). After 6 weeks of the first customer shipment date the price will rise to £149.95 inc. VAT (plus delivery).
Old 17 May 2005, 03:50 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Got that also today - if it's anything like the laser detector, which I know is plugged in correctly,m which has never gone off on the very few ocassions there has been a copper pointing a gun at me, then I'll not be forking out. And for the normal price of £150, a third of the price of the unit again, I think I'll pass on this one.

Pity they price things so expensive when there are now equally good and cheaper units on the market...
Old 17 May 2005, 04:21 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Seems a bit pricy that - agree with the comments about the Laser detector, found out mine gets triggered by the outside light - it's only taken a year to set it off and it's parked underneath the thing every day.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:34 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

have to agree with you guys it is over priced but worth it for £50.

I always thought the unit would be crap going thought a tunnel with cameras
Old 17 May 2005, 05:22 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Ray

Not £50 - £100 and then £150. That's a lot of dosh for the odd few tunnels around and even then, go slow and you'll be OK. Not worth it in my opinion...