Sponsored by:

well i got one !!

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2005, 11:16 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well i got one !!

As im about to be car less as of tomorrow i thought it best to try and sort myself out a nice impreza asap.....was searching through the autotrader and on various sites end of last week and over the weekend and found what i think to be a nice example,went down to kent from birmingham today ( hell of a drive ) and liked what i saw,so placed a deposit and in two weeks ill go back and pick it up...what is it?

its a 99 model japanese spec wrx wagon....was imported into the uk in 2000,and has had 3 owners,covered only 30k and loads of documents to back this up,its in fantastic condition and goes like a rocket,totally standard apart from a turbo timer,also has a quick shift fitted....really impressed with its performance,plus being a wagon offers some practicality as a family vehicle though

Old 16 May 2005, 11:28 PM
New_scooby_04

Congratulations: looks very nice indeed.

First job: get a KL and some octance booster! (don't want the dreaded det setting in cause of lower octane UK fuel, best not to take any chances)

Second job: Loose those peashooters on the back. They completely silence the Scooby rumble, and once you hear that, you'll be grinning from ear to ear! I'd recommend H&S classic Scooby design backbox. Lovely sound, but not too loud!

NS04
Old 16 May 2005, 11:39 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Good 4 u, looks like a nice car!
I see the modding suggestions r already appearing!
HE HASN'T GOT THE RUDDY CAR YET!
Still, I 'spose u could gather all the bits u need & have a little box of them all ready 2 play with when the car arrives! Aaaah! LOL
Old 16 May 2005, 11:39 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Lovely car, just got a UK MY99. De-tango the lights, makes a really big difference, much more then I thought it would.

Have a look in the group buy threads, there was one recently. You may even be able to get the bits at the same price.

Hope you enjoy your new machine
Old 16 May 2005, 11:55 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

yea im kinda in overload at the moment trying to take in all the information there is about these cars on the net,what to do,what not to do etc....just reading about the octane problems with fuel and to only use super unleaded or optimax on import version cars...but what is this KL im recomended to get???....im just going to do things slowly with this car,part of me says its in great standard condition so should stay that way...then the litttle devil takes over and suggests all sorts of things lol...engine performance to a new guy seems fine at the moment so that might be left alone for a bit,current owner seems to thing its running at around the 240 mark...noisy exhausts are a bit of a bad subject in this house at the moment as my out going car has a loud pipe and the wife hates me going to work at nights as come 5 in the morning the little lad always wakes up for some reason....oops...so might go for a slightly fruity one just to be able to hear the flat four really sing a bit as on the test drive today i couldnt hear it at all....could do with some 17 inch wheels though..standards look way too small on her
Old 17 May 2005, 12:03 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Rigga.

KL stands for knocklink - it's a visual display of engine knocking ie detonation that could indicate the engine might blow up! Sometimes a problem with the Jap imports. No need to worry with this as if it lights up you just back off the gas. Run a search on the Forum for more info.

X.