Sponsored by:

She's here!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2005, 02:44 PM
scg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She's here!!

Well after a good 9 months of waiting a beautifal bouncing baby has landed in my life

2002 Type UK Sti with PPP. Absolutely love it, when that turbo kicks in it's another world. She'sd been sat in the showroom for 6 months - which was great given I had to wait for my no claims! Test drove it in January and thanks to the dealer overpricing it, put people off and I ended up getting it a 'reasonable' price.....well relatively speaking!

Had a nice little blast in it on some country roads and fits on the drive fine - which was a worry. As I was coming back home a group of 3 chavettes were walking along and all gauped (sp!) and pointed at it. Then round the next corner some ****** was looking at it and mouthing something - hopefully admiring as opposed to "I'll have that tonight". The joys of ownership I guess.

Thanks to everyone on this board who talked me into an Sti when I was having my STi Vs WRX dilemma. And thanks for all who helped in my STi Vs Sti PPP dilemma My insurance company are very greatful to you
Old 07 May 2005, 02:47 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent!! I suppose you will be sleeping in it tonight!?

Pete
Old 07 May 2005, 02:50 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulatons Do'nt think i could of waited so long.
Old 07 May 2005, 02:53 PM
scg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Excellent!! I suppose you will be sleeping in it tonight!?

Pete
Yep, tempting. I've lost a lot of sleep about this even before I bought it, so god knows what I'll be like. We're blocking it in with the girlfriend's car - something she's not overly enthused about! Hopefully after a few weeks the paranoia will calm down a bit.

For my premium I had actaully expected someone round from Direct Line with a sleeping bag, poor customer service really
Old 07 May 2005, 03:00 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Look forward to seeing her a week on wednesday By which time, if the usual happens, she will look nothing like that What's on the list of mods so far then

PS. If you haven't got one, I think Morley Police station are still doing Disklocks for £40
Old 07 May 2005, 03:45 PM
richee
Scooby Regular

looks nice mate park my baby in the garden for the night. my other two babys look after it for me, two german shepherds
Old 07 May 2005, 03:52 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Very nice car m8. Just got one of these myself, in black. The worrying does get a bit better as time goes by , i even park mine in the supermarket car park when shopping, but i haven't been able to get out and leave it yet-it's to soon. Enjoy.

Lee

Trending Topics

Old 07 May 2005, 04:02 PM
scg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Look forward to seeing her a week on wednesday By which time, if the usual happens, she will look nothing like that What's on the list of mods so far then

PS. If you haven't got one, I think Morley Police station are still doing Disklocks for £40
Cheers Corradoboy. Looking forward to week on Wednesday indeed. List of mods - well may well need to do something about the stereo (did they find a warehouse full of them that was deserted in 1986?) and the speakers. Also thinking of getting rid of the locks too - no need for them, just encourages screwdrivers.

Already had a discloc from the sorely missed 206 (snigger) so have a wee bit of protection.
Old 07 May 2005, 04:14 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scg
Cheers Corradoboy. Looking forward to week on Wednesday indeed. List of mods - well may well need to do something about the stereo (did they find a warehouse full of them that was deserted in 1986?) and the speakers. Also thinking of getting rid of the locks too - no need for them, just encourages screwdrivers.

Already had a discloc from the sorely missed 206 (snigger) so have a wee bit of protection.
I know what you mean about the stereo As for the locks, Scoobs use a remote transponder linked to the ignition and ECU, so screwdrivers won't get them far. They either need the key, or a low loader. AFAIK it's not possible to hot-wire new-age Scoobs. Money is wiser spent on a Blackjax