Sponsored by:

"Approved" Subaru Prices

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2005, 08:47 PM
Ken 275
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "Approved" Subaru Prices

I'm on the look-out for a Blobeye replacement for my 1998 Turbo. For the past few months I've been monitoring the cars available from Scooby dealers displayed on the official website, within a radius of 100 miles of where I stay. There's been nothing much which is agreeable with my current financial commitments.

This evening I decided to have a look nationwide and have been shocked at the pricing disparity between the cars for sale within 100 miles of Glasgow and those south of the border. For example, a MY04 WRX here is c. £17K, across Hadrian's Wall it can be found for between 2 to 2.5 grand less.

I'm afraid I'm at a loss to explain the reason for the differential in price. Would it be that certain dealers stick more rigidly to their showroom prices and allow less for negotiation or is there a regional pricing structure? Just supply and demand?

It would be interesting to see people's viewpoints on this issue but please, no pathetic, nationalist jibes.

Ta,

Ken
Old 27 April 2005, 08:52 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Try Stan Palmers. They are just in Carlisle and Ian Armstrong is very good at sorting out deals.

Steve
Old 27 April 2005, 08:53 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it has anything to do with you being a frock wearing male ........

Its more to do with competition, or lack of ....... present the prices to your Scottish dealer and ask him to match it - but compare like for like .... UK or Import

Pete
Old 27 April 2005, 09:46 PM
Ken 275
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems that the best course of action, as I had surmised, would be to prepare a list of alternatives and, as Pete said, present it to a dealership nearby. It should be interesting to say the least.

Off to consider my options now...

K.