Sponsored by:

The need to upgrade to a "newer" car

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2005, 11:36 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The need to upgrade to a "newer" car

When i bought my classic, it was all i ever wanted, along came the bugeye, which TBH does not really do anything for me at all, so i was happy with my purchase, but i now constantly have this "thing" where i feel like i should own a newer car

why is this?

my car never lets me down (or very rarely) its a bit slappy in the morning but it refuses to blow up, theres no rust on the thing, its it dam good condition for a 8/9 year old car, theres nothing wrong with it, most of the mechanical stuff has been replaced when it got worn so it should last for ever, so why do i feel like i need a new one?

where do you stop with the new car thing?
Old 26 April 2005, 12:47 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
When i bought my classic, it was all i ever wanted, along came the bugeye, which TBH does not really do anything for me at all, so i was happy with my purchase, but i now constantly have this "thing" where i feel like i should own a newer car

why is this?

my car never lets me down (or very rarely) its a bit slappy in the morning but it refuses to blow up, theres no rust on the thing, its it dam good condition for a 8/9 year old car, theres nothing wrong with it, most of the mechanical stuff has been replaced when it got worn so it should last for ever, so why do i feel like i need a new one?

where do you stop with the new car thing?

Don't worry about it. Same happened to me when I owned a MY00 UK Turbo. The Thing had Air-con and Eleccy Sunroof and Leather seats to boot. But it felt after a while to be a bit old in the tooth and seems inside wasn't as to spec as newer cars I got into. Also I found that the grin factor 9 had started to wear. I had considered PPP but at the time the dealer I was having the car serviced through, did not do PPP for the classic any longer, and you had to drive it to Prodrive yourself. In the end I ended up part exchanging for a blobeye '03' STi which feels a more solid and up-to-date car, and now I have just had that PPP'ed because after 9 months of ownership I thought the standard 261BHP wasn't powerful enough. Suppose it's down to boredom.

Last edited by jpor; 26 April 2005 at 12:50 PM.