Sponsored by:

Shell optimax

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2005, 03:11 PM
richee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shell optimax

Just picked up my xreg uk turbo. Been running it on optimax, but been told that the uk type can run on normal petrol not A problem on optimax cos just down the road just like to no thanks.
Old 24 April 2005, 03:15 PM
New_scooby_04

Cool

Originally Posted by richee
Just picked up my xreg uk turbo. Been running it on optimax, but been told that the uk type can run on normal petrol not A problem on optimax cos just down the road just like to no thanks.
You can run it on 95Ron, but it won't perform as well as SUL. Optimax seems to be the Scooby's preferred snack I use it in mine all the time.

You get out what you put in!

Enjoy the car, treat it with respect and mechancal sympathy and don't scrimp on fuel and servicing and chances are you'll have a very long and happy relationship with the car.

Best wishes,

NS04
Old 24 April 2005, 03:21 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a good chance it won't cost u any more in the long run. I picked up 2 mpg for using SUL over 95ron
Old 24 April 2005, 04:19 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Had my UK Scoob 4 years never used opimax cos Scoob dealer told me I didn't need too, would I REALLY notice a differance?? And does the ECU adjust to it itself??
Cheers
Colin
Old 24 April 2005, 05:04 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't think you would notice any difference TBH. Smoother running perhaps
My car however is mapped for the good stuff so i'm sticking with it On the other hand if it wasn't mapped for it then i would still use it
Old 24 April 2005, 05:15 PM
yhe chod
Scooby Regular

Smile

it made a difference in my v reg ppp uk turbo.but in a bog standard uk turbo i dont know.optimax is 98 ron fuel and unleaded is 95 ron so best thing is fill a few full tanks with optimax and let it flush through the 95 unleaded [about 500 miles]and let the ecu adjust to the otimax.and then YOU decide wheather it makes a difference.
generally optimax will make the power delivery smoother and sooner.
try the above experiment for yourself

Last edited by yhe chod; 24 April 2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old 24 April 2005, 05:31 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Had my UK Scoob 4 years never used opimax cos Scoob dealer told me I didn't need too, would I REALLY notice a differance?? And does the ECU adjust to it itself??
Cheers
Colin
You don't need to mate, but you most likely would notice a difference, most lilkely a smoother and marginally stronger pick up, possibly slightly better fuel consumption, and your engine internals would be thanking you as the petrol contains various detergents etc... If you have a phase 2 boxer (MY99 onwards IIRC) the ECU will adjust itself. It will take more than a tankful for the good stuff to start to take effect though

At the end of the day, the way I look at it is this: It's a proper performance car, so it gets the good stuff

NS04

Trending Topics

Old 24 April 2005, 06:15 PM
richee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
You don't need to mate, but you most likely would notice a difference, most lilkely a smoother and marginally stronger pick up, possibly slightly better fuel consumption, and your engine internals would be thanking you as the petrol contains various detergents etc... If you have a phase 2 boxer (MY99 onwards IIRC) the ECU will adjust itself. It will take more than a tankful for the good stuff to start to take effect though

At the end of the day, the way I look at it is this: It's a proper performance car, so it gets the good stuff

NS04
Thanks for all the advice, keep it on the good stuff.