Sponsored by:

Don't let this happen to you !

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2005, 11:13 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't let this happen to you !

It seems that Highway's Insurances current loss adjuster, Auto Indemnity, in my personal opinion, may provide a less than great service and following feedback from Greenlight Insurance they would like to know of any issues anyone has had.

I myself have been without my car for four months follwing and accident and the repairer tried to give me back the vehicle on Friday. The condition of the vehicle was frankly disgusting with the repairs becing carried out to an amazingly poor standard with much of the damaged still clearly visible.

I have documented what I feel is an accurate account on the link below.

I'd welcome any comments or suggestions.

http://uk.geocities.com/charadegttiu...tionRoad1.html

Oh and to make matters worse someone smashed into the loan car whilst it was parked last night and drove off so I have spent most of today in the police station and got very liitle help depsite have the number plate of the vehicle thast was beleived to have hit may car and another car in the same road. The police were not prepared to trace the vehuicle and contact the owners to see if they had been in an accident !

AllanB

Last edited by AllanB; 03 August 2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 23 April 2005, 11:26 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

God, what i nightmare mate. I feel sorry for you.

I'd certainly consider getting the car into another reputable dealer, get it all sorted and give the bill to the company who so-called repaired it first time.

Why did you take it to this dealer in the first place? You are not restricted when you are getting insurance work done.

If in doubt speak to citizens advice bureau for more help.
Old 23 April 2005, 11:38 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

We had a few problems with the same insurance and their loss adjuster Auto Indeminity. The work they did was at best sloppy and at worse incompetant. I just wanted the car back but there is def a bodge on the Passenger door paintwork ( They had obviously used one of those coloured sticks from Halfords ). It has now peeled off down to the original unpainted door colour. The courtesy car turned up and promptly hit the building I work in and the driver scarperred so I did even sign for the car or was able to check it over before he legged it.
Old 24 April 2005, 12:06 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Edmondo
We had a few problems with the same insurance and their loss adjuster Auto Indeminity. The work they did was at best sloppy and at worse incompetant. I just wanted the car back but there is def a bodge on the Passenger door paintwork ( They had obviously used one of those coloured sticks from Halfords ). It has now peeled off down to the original unpainted door colour. The courtesy car turned up and promptly hit the building I work in and the driver scarperred so I did even sign for the car or was able to check it over before he legged it.
Ah Ok so its not just me then. Sorry to hear you had trouble too.

I wanted to use a Subaru dealer but was told I would not get a loan car if I used who I wanted to and to be honest I was told the repairer would be of the highest quality, whihc it was not !

AllanB
Old 24 April 2005, 07:31 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

To top it all the police have refused to investigate any further despite having what we beleive is the number plate of the car that hit both damaged vehicles sitting infront of me. A couple of contact I ahve in the police were very surprised that m local police would not do anything more and it seems like toher forces would have run a check and sent soneone round to the registered addresss of the car to see if it has crash damage. No idea why the met won't do that, apart from well we don't do that.

The police have told me to contact the DVLA and request the address details. Cannt understand why as driving away after an accident is an offence so I cannot undertsnad why they won't do anything. They have all been very unhelpful so far, rude at times and I've overheard a few things that not explain why crime is at an all time high.

AllanB
Old 24 April 2005, 07:40 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

it wasnt April 1st when collected it was it.A joke gone too far...

powerman
Old 24 April 2005, 07:53 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllanB
To top it all the police have refused to investigate any further despite having what we beleive is the number plate of the car that hit both damaged vehicles sitting infront of me. A couple of contact I ahve in the police were very surprised that m local police would not do anything more and it seems like toher forces would have run a check and sent soneone round to the registered addresss of the car to see if it has crash damage. No idea why the met won't do that, apart from well we don't do that.

The police have told me to contact the DVLA and request the address details. Cannt understand why as driving away after an accident is an offence so I cannot undertsnad why they won't do anything. They have all been very unhelpful so far, rude at times and I've overheard a few things that not explain why crime is at an all time high.

AllanB
Im sure that if you ask to speak to a uniformed Inspector with a view to making a formal complaint; that things would start to happen.

Simon

Trending Topics

Old 25 April 2005, 09:03 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Looks like the polcie have had a chnage of mind after another car that was hit complained after I did. We have the reg number so lets see what the police can do.

AllanB
Old 25 April 2005, 09:51 AM
Jake
Scooby Regular

I am insured with Greenlight and live very near to the repairers, If I ever have to have work done then they wont be doing it.
Old 25 April 2005, 10:13 AM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear the Police have had a change of heart about investigating this ...

Originally Posted by AllanB
Surely Joe Public cannot just contact the DVLA and request address information ? Sounds like the person you spoke to was maybe civilian staff - and a p!ss poor one at that
Old 25 April 2005, 10:51 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cold Turkey
Surely Joe Public cannot just contact the DVLA and request address information ? Sounds like the person you spoke to was maybe civilian staff - and a p!ss poor one at that
No that is true - you just have to provide proof that the reason you need the info is legit....
Old 25 April 2005, 06:11 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Greenlight have been helpful and one of the senior partners has been intouch with Highway and someone from highway or Auto Indemnity were meant to contact me today.

But they didn't !! What a surprise. Kamal from Junction Road did not call me like he said he would on Friday and neither did the chap I left the message for on Friday at Atuo Indemnity call me.

I now have a Ford Ka as a loan which is horrible but at least I can get to work. No way I can get my fishing gear in the back of this though, its tiny !!!

They have until Friday to get everything sorted then all hell breaks loose.

I'll keep you all updated. If any of you have had any problems similar, keep a full detailed log of everything, every call, time and dated, who you spoke to , any phrases used etc.

AllanB
Old 26 April 2005, 06:27 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Edmondo I woudl suggest you speak to Barry Scott at Greenlight as they really do seem to want as much ammo as possible to get things sorted.

Highway have been intouch and are going to send someone out to viewe the car and have agreed in principal to moving the car to somewhere else to get the reapairs properly sorted out

Allan
Old 26 April 2005, 11:00 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Hmmm,

i had similar, i am like you insured with highway, via my broker direct choice,

when the scoob was belted up the ****, i contacted dc and highway as instructed,

then this auto indemnity rang up and i got the same spiel as you,

however as my car could not be safley driven, i had a replacement car from a company called drive assist, i cant fault them, a merc 200 comperssor was delivered that day, i stated i had to have a four door car as i have young children.

i had a call from the assor, they were going to send someone to look at the car. the next day the assesor called, and looked at the car, told me i would have a decision on the car within 24 hrs...

did i eck as like...

im left it for a week, and phoned up ID, still waiting for the assors report!!

another week passed, and again i phoned, reminding ID that by obligation it was in my interests to kkep the costs of the claim down, and running a hire car was hardly doing that...

a quick blast round there pc system and they informed me that the car had been written off on the 24th (almost a week earlier)!! and they would be in touch for a settlement figure

oh pooh, so off we went looking for a car.. one week later i get a cal fro, ID again, someone wants to look at the car..

so another guy comes, and takes more piccys,, when i quiried why, he said it was the last lot wasnt clear, and they wanted to check the tow bar...

again i asked why, Because we are going to repair it he replied..

when i infomed him it had been written off ( financial loss) he said that they had been authorised to repair...

so i contacted ID who looked through there screens and confimed it was to be repaired.. when i quiried it being written off, they denied all knowledge, and flatly denied giving that information.

so why did i tell my scolicitor, and half of SN??

so i contacted the garage, who wanted a date for the car, and i emphasised that the car had to have a full geometry check before i got it back,

yes sir we will put it on a jig before we start they replied...

i had to explain it wasnt the bodywork i was worried about...it was the 4wd system..

anyway they said they had had loads of hassle too from ID and hoped i had better luck with dealing with them.

they gave me a repair date of a week on, as they had to order the parts.

now my wife had a colleague who had a car repaired at the approved repairer

my car was going to, and they had rejected it due to the poor w/manship

so i was warned.

anyway they picked up the car, and confirmed it would be ready by the following thursday.. so i sid i need to know if the chassis is ok before then, as i have to tax the car, and i,m not taxing a write off!!

anyway it was ok, and they sid it would be delivered to my works addy on the thursday.....

thursday came and i get a phone call, cant deliver, they had come to put it on the lorry and noticed the tow bar had not been replaced..

WTF how do you replace a bumper without noticing the towbar...

so they would phone me the next day to confirm

anyway the confirmed monday,

and the car turned up washed valeted and a new bumper spray job and tow bar..

i spotted a tiny nick when i got home, but cant say whether it was me who had done it so i,m not complaining.

the cars still on my drive up for sale, as i now have a diesel..

i thought insurance companys were all one call and its done ....

i had three round of calls to make, and i still havnt got the claim settled.

M
Old 30 April 2005, 12:45 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

I have now had contact form one of the owners of Greenlight who has made some calls and things seem to be finally happening. Someone at Highway is now dealing with this personally which should have happened months ago.

It does seem the facts and what the underwriters have been led to beleive by the repairing garage are a long way apart.

I will keep everyone updated as to progress.

Oh and the police have still not been at all helpful and won't weither confirm or deny they have visited the owners of the third vehicle that smashed into the loan car !

AllanB
Old 01 May 2005, 11:06 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

BTT

AllanB
Old 04 May 2005, 06:13 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Nothing more from Highway Insurance yet, BTW !

AllanB
Old 05 May 2005, 01:49 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Should have full engineers report tomorrow

AllanB
Old 07 May 2005, 08:29 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Highway called yesterday to say and engineer would call to update me on the car. It also came to light my instruction to not allow the origial repairing garage was disregarded. OK give them another chance, fair enough but still not pleased with the ignoring my request.

The repairing garage, Junction Road Motor Compnay of Finchley, N London, called on Friday and yet again they have not done many of the things listed. I emailed Highway a list of faults I had noticed, on the 26/4/2005 and the same repairing garage, like last time, have simply not done them with no explanation why.

Does anyone know any good solicitors as this is really getting beyond a joke now and I would strongly suggest you may want to take a look at your insurance policy and see who the underwriter is.

AllanB
Old 07 May 2005, 05:34 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i cant belive that foglight
Old 07 May 2005, 06:55 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Its a bit obvious isn't it !!

AllanB
Old 08 May 2005, 09:01 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

One of the directors of Greenlight has been intouch today and is trying to arrange a meeting with one of the senior managers of Highway for 9:30am Monday morning.

Lets see what happens

AllanB
Old 09 May 2005, 07:08 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep us posted mate
Old 09 May 2005, 03:02 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Greenlight have been intouch again and have been very very helpful. Really pushing Highway and things seem to be moving.

If you have had any issues with Highway or Auto Indemnity and are insured with Highway, Tony Fehily would like to hear from you at tony.fehily@greenlightinsurance.com

I have been quite impressed with the determination of Greenlight and the good customer attitude they have.

Edmondo can you please contact Tony as he wants to hear from you about your experiences.

AllanB
Old 09 May 2005, 04:02 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Sad to see your caught up this. However, It is, and never will be a one-off case, it happens literally all the time. It's not this particular insurer, or indeed, repairer either.

The difference with many general insurer's repairs is that the average joes couldn't spot a bad paint/preperation defect if it hit them in the face and ran off with their wife/husband. This is probably why they get away with it so often.

But I have mentioned this before: as a general rule...NEVER EVER USE INSURERS RECOMMENDED REPAIRERS!

It's your car - you say where it goes, use somebody you know will do a good job...then the dealing is with you as the curtomer and the insurer as the payee. Ignore what insurers push or pressure you todo, they purely do this to cut costs on their behalf.

In many cases, the same goes for MAIN DEALER body repairs too....does your dealer have a spray booth? have look, most do not, the repair is farmed out to somebody else locally or to a main repair centre. Which the dealer is now the customer not you. Therefore trade prices, less profit, and thus to make money they run like a production line on cars, with time being the most critical component. Conversally, time spent on a repair is one of the most critical factors in the bodyshop. If a worker is rushed too much his quality suffers, and alot of times it shows - maybe not to the public...but to anyone with a professional eye it will.

You have been warned as the title says: "Don't let this happen to you ! "

Last edited by ALi-B; 09 May 2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09 May 2005, 06:14 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Tip: If you're trying to get your story out, don't host it on GeoCities, I managed to read the first page and then you ran out of bandwidth, so can't see the pictures or the rest of the story.

Oh, and I'm going through similar crap with Churchill after being rear-ended back in November, so this certainly isn't unique
Old 10 May 2005, 07:36 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice. I wish I could host the details elsewhere but don;t know how to do this. !!

Jeez soory to hear your repairs is 6 months old via Churchill. Thats disgraceful !

I have still not had any response from Highway but some people called on theier behalf. They obvious do not understand the concept of taking ownership. They were sent a detailed email asking for some actions to be taken, and I have not had even an acknowledgement from them.

I'm now passing the information to our legal council to see what they can come up with.

Greenlight have said they will pay for the repairs themselves if things don't get moving this week.

I'll keep you posted.

AllanB
Old 10 May 2005, 05:59 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Ah things are starting to happen.

Highways have agreed to provide me with a more suitable car so I can get my club stuff ( Daihatsu Charade GTti Owners Cub) up to JapFest. Ford Ka is a bit small for this !

I'm taking a day off on Friday to meet the head of Highways engineering team to both view my car and confirm exactly what needs to be done.

At last it feels like this is being taken seriously by Highway.

Allan
Old 13 May 2005, 08:40 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Should be able to update everyone this afternoon.

AllanB
Old 16 May 2005, 11:34 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Well I went to the repairing agent and was again shocked at the poor qulity repairs they had attempted. It also lokked like the car had pciked up some extra scratches and there certianly seemed to be some new damage that was not there before.

After a visit from the independant engineer, Highway have immediately agreed to move the car to Wilsons of Chadwell Heath, a well resppoected Subaru dealer.

Highway are also making arrangements for a more suitable loan car so I can get my club stuff to JapFest.

So looks like I can avoid the lengthy legal action route as long as they come up with a good repair and a decent compensation offer as they car will have been out of my possession for 6 months on Friday !!!

AllanB

Quick Reply: Don't let this happen to you !