Service requirements.......help please

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2005, 02:21 PM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service requirements.......help please

Hi All

I have a Cypriat import wrx (my05). After reading the other theads on euro imports and the service requiremnets I am going to get my car serviced at 5000kms rather than wait for the 15000kms/1 year. I really want to keep my warrenty.

However IM and my local dealer DO NOT know what work/service to do at 5000kms. Therefore has anyone had this service and what work/service should be carried out???????
Old 20 April 2005, 02:26 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

I got my car from Belgium in Dec 01 and the EU imports get serviced every 7,500 miles. the UK cars every 10,000 even though it is the same car.Every 5,000 Km is to short it will end up costing you loads, A EVO is every 4,000 miles. IMHO of course.
Good luck.
Mac
Old 20 April 2005, 02:31 PM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

yep I thought it was quite a short distance. The service book states 1600kms, 5000kms, 15000kms/1 year, 18 months, 30000kms/24 months, 30 months, 45000kms/36 months.

Any ideas on what needs doing when????
Old 20 April 2005, 09:49 PM
PlaneSailing
Scooby Newbie

If you have the service book it should tell you what needs doing and when on the matrix on the page facing the service stamps. UK spec is service every 10K or 12 months whichever comes first.
Oh and there is a 1st service at 1000 miles too.
Replacements are oil and filter every 10K, coolant every 30K, brake fluid every 20K, gearbox/diff every 30K, plugs every 30K, timing belt every 50K, air and fuel filters every 30K everything else inspected every 10K.
Personally I do oil, plugs, air filter every 6K.
Old 21 April 2005, 09:19 AM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Default Subaru Cyprus

Have recently posted this:

"Have spent the week faxing Cyprus regarding the service intervals/warranty etc.

My 1st fax said:

I have recently purchased the above car from Alliance Car Imports here in the UK, and have received a service and warranty booklet from yourselves for the car.

As the car is based in the UK, I would be grateful if you could confirm the maintenance schedule that should be followed in order for my warranty with yourselves to remain valid.

The owner’s manual supplied with the car shows no work is required at 1600km (1000 miles) or at 5000km (3000 miles) as attached. The first service that has items marked in it is the 12 month or 15000km (9000 mile) service and then at 12 month/15000km intervals.

UK supplied cars from Subaru UK have a first service at 1000 miles and then at 12 months or 10000 mile intervals.

Please can you confirm either by return fax or e-mail to the address below the maintenance schedule that you require me to follow in order for my 3 year warranty with yourselves for the car to be valid.

First reply states:

"Our service requirement are based on the directions of Fuji Heavy Industries, manufacturer of SUBARU vehicles. The warranty with all cars sold in Cyprus requires that the customer complies with these requirements.

Thus in order for your warranty to be valid you must comply with the requirements in your service and warranty booklet, irrespective of regulations in the UK."

I then asked:

I am happy to follow the requirements in my service and warranty booklet in order for my warranty with yourselves to remain valid.

Please can you confirm either by fax or e-mail what (if any) work is to be carried out at the 1600KM and 5000KM services as the owners handbook supplied with the car shows no work is required. Is this correct for a Impreza WRX ??

The first service that has items marked in it is the 12 Months or 15000KM (9000mile) service.

Second reply states:

" As indicated in your service booklet (not the owners manual), the 1,600km service applies only to Vivio & E12 models, not Impreza.

The 5000km service is a routine inspection/tuning service without replacement parts."

I am therfore thinking of taking my car in at 3000miles (5000Km) and getting an oil change and a routine inspection and my book stamped. (ie same as uk 1000mile service)

Any comments ???"

No one has said much as yet.
Old 21 April 2005, 12:56 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

This is an interesting question as I will be in the same position when I collect my Cyprus car from alliance. Is the service booklet issued with the car or do you end up with a UK version when you register the warranty with IM.

Can't a UK subaru garage or IM confirm what the situation is?
Old 21 April 2005, 01:03 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

On second reading this seems to imply that in order to maintain the cyprus warranty you must follow the schedule with the car, fair enough however I was led to believe that you need to register the car in the UK with IM who manage the UK warranties.

Does anyone who has already imported and registered with IM? have the answers here please

Trending Topics

Old 21 April 2005, 01:42 PM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

I have now registered my car with IM whose letter says:

"This is to confirm that your vehicle, Chassis No. xxxxxxxxxx in now registered on our system for cross border warranty purposes.

Should any work be required under the warranty, please contact your local offical Suabru dealer.

You should be aware of the following points:

- The warranty in force is that provided by the selling distributor, not the warranty that Subaru (UK) Limited applies to its own vehicles.

- We do not offer the facility to extend or upgrade the warranty

- The ultimate responsibility for payment of the claim lies with the selling distributor. We have to seek their authorisation for all repairs.

- We are unable to provide English Language versions of the warranty booklet due too differences in terms and conditions."

Basically I read all the information as follow the schedule as set out in the owners manual and warranty booklet (which is in English by the way and follows on in the post after your car by a few weeks once you have the V5) and you wont go far wrong.
Old 21 April 2005, 02:33 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxseeker
I have now registered my car with IM whose letter says:

"This is to confirm that your vehicle, Chassis No. xxxxxxxxxx in now registered on our system for cross border warranty purposes.

Should any work be required under the warranty, please contact your local offical Suabru dealer.

You should be aware of the following points:

- The warranty in force is that provided by the selling distributor, not the warranty that Subaru (UK) Limited applies to its own vehicles.

- The ultimate responsibility for payment of the claim lies with the selling distributor. We have to seek their authorisation for all repairs.

Basically I read all the information as follow the schedule as set out in the owners manual and warranty booklet (which is in English by the way and follows on in the post after your car by a few weeks once you have the V5) and you wont go far wrong.
Am I right in thinking that this means the local garage will then have to contact the selling distributor whoever they are in Cyprus?
It would be interesting to note if anyone has made a warranty claim on a cyprus import
Old 22 April 2005, 08:53 AM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HOWY
Am I right in thinking that this means the local garage will then have to contact the selling distributor whoever they are in Cyprus?
It would be interesting to note if anyone has made a warranty claim on a cyprus import
No, I think your dealer contacts IM and they get authorisation from Subaru Cyprus.

Would be interesting if anyone has made a claim.