CHECK THIS SITUATION OUT

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2005, 05:36 PM
scooby123
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHECK THIS SITUATION OUT

This is my car..http://www.novaload.net/features/vi...re.php?ref=2257,
Basicly i was told by a local ford mechanic that my lamba sensor is fine, but he thinks my maf sensor is knackered, problem being he worked for ford and there computers couldn't pick it up, so naturally the no.1 thing to do is take it to your local subaru garage. The nearest to me is three ways in abergele north wales, so i ring them up berring in mind that the AA recovery truck is on it's way(this is 9am this morning), i didn't really need recovering, but i took out parts and laobour at the start of the year with the AA, so the guy said to prove the car is pretty knackered without the sensor get it recovered!
Knock on the door it's the AA, then that second i get in touch with Three ways and they say 'sorry sir we are fully booked until may'...... so wot the f'ck do i do now, so i explain the situation, he tells me that there may be a cancelation in the mean time so bring it in....mean time the AA guys puttin my car on recovery truck ...an scraches my exhaust.
Get to sabaru first thing the subary garage sez is 'u didn't tell us it's an import, we may not be able to pick up what sensor it is....wot the **** is that all about, it's supposed to be a subaru garage!!!!!!, any way tell's me they would be in touch, with no car for 2 weeks at least.... cheers three ways, soz for going on, but does any 1 have any suggestions? or the sensors they can sell me?

Last edited by AndyC_772; 19 April 2005 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Remove abuse
Old 19 April 2005, 05:41 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone on here will know where you can get a sensor from for an Import - if its an old one you may need the whole box with the sensor (not that cheap!)

Pete
Old 19 April 2005, 05:45 PM
Pro Boy
Scooby Regular

Why should they give you a car when yours has broken down different if they had just serviced it
Old 19 April 2005, 05:53 PM
scooby123
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pro Boy
Why should they give you a car when yours has broken down different if they had just serviced it
Not askin for a car, i'm askin for advice on gettin parts, it's meant to be a spealised subaru garage and there computer's can't pick up which sensor's knackered, and have to wait for 2 weeks without my car... little inconvenient!

Last edited by scooby123; 19 April 2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 19 April 2005, 05:56 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

thats a mighty big power increase for a dump valve and a exhaust system>?
Old 19 April 2005, 06:00 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

If it's definately the MAF that's faulty. Get in touch with the guys at http://www.brdevelopments.com or http://www.grahamgoode.com , either should have the right MAF in stock for your car.