HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2005, 01:44 AM
wanna_scooby_badly
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!

Hi guys,

Ok i have 5500 sitting in the bank, i have a slow 1.6 zetec-s fiesta and i need a subaru nice clean, fresh, un ragged one. whats my chances of a decent one. can anyone give me any ideas on what i need to be looking for? I was speaking to one guy he said to go for a T reg onwards as these had a lot of upgrades compared to ones earlier??! cheers
Old 19 April 2005, 11:35 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

i would surgest the same t/v plate turbo,all depends what your looking for really,some nice example's out there un-modded for around 8-10k

by the way how old are you,no disrespect but if your under 25 i would set some serious monie's aside for insurance

mark
Old 19 April 2005, 11:51 AM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ethanrob
if your under 25 i would set some serious monie's aside for insurance
Very true unfortunately...

Are you chopping the zetec in or going to sell it privately? No idea what they're worth but I'm sure altogether you'll be able to get a nice clean scoob for your money!!

Happy hunting matey!
Old 19 April 2005, 12:10 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by wanna_scooby_badly
Hi guys,

Ok i have 5500 sitting in the bank, i need a subaru nice clean, fresh, un ragged one. whats my chances of a decent one. can anyone give me any ideas on what i need to be looking for? I was speaking to one guy he said to go for a T reg onwards as these had a lot of upgrades compared to ones earlier??! cheers
Not for that money, sorry! Only VERY high milers and early imports available for that amount of dosh! As noted, if you're under 25 you'll also need at least £1000 (probably considerably more) for the insurance. Don't forget the petrol costs; they drink like George Best and prefer SUL. Servicing is also expensive, ditto for consumables like clutches... If you cut corners you'll most likely end up with a 4k billl for an engine rebuild.

You really can't buy these cars on a budget! Save up another 4k, or get something else.

NS04
Old 19 April 2005, 12:53 PM
wanna_scooby_badly
Scooby Newbie

Got my car which is worth 4k and 5500 in the bank, im earning 30k a year so insurance is not a problem direct debit every month, im 23 6 years no claims and clean licence. all in all ill have about 9500 to spend will that be enough?

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Not for that money, sorry! Only VERY high milers and early imports available for that amount of dosh! As noted, if you're under 25 you'll also need at least £1000 (probably considerably more) for the insurance. Don't forget the petrol costs; they drink like George Best and prefer SUL. Servicing is also expensive, ditto for consumables like clutches... If you cut corners you'll most likely end up with a 4k billl for an engine rebuild.

You really can't buy these cars on a budget! Save up another 4k, or get something else.

NS04
Old 19 April 2005, 01:13 PM
wanted
Scooby Regular

M8 that will be plenty to get a nice low milage example.
Old 19 April 2005, 01:32 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

There are lots on the market at the mo so you should have quite a choice. You will not need to spend 9,500 but if you do, i would be wanting a low mileage example.
I would try to keep £1500 or so aside to do a couple of bits to the car if you get an unmodded one. You will want to start playing with her as soon as you get her and then you will find yourself overdrawn every month!
You will not regret it, i had a zetec s before which was a great little car but the Subaru is one of lifes necessities!
ENJOY

Trending Topics

Old 20 April 2005, 10:32 AM
New_scooby_04

Talking

Got my car which is worth 4k and 5500 in the bank, im earning 30k a year so insurance is not a problem direct debit every month, im 23 6 years no claims and clean licence. all in all ill have about 9500 to spend will that be enough?
That'll do nicely as they say!
Old 20 April 2005, 11:24 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Bre warned!
dont wish to preach but a scooby is a very differant animal compared to a fiesta zetec,learn to drive the scoob before exploiting it's power and handling,many a peep's have learn't this the hard way
Old 20 April 2005, 12:30 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Hi guys,

Ok i have 5500 sitting in the bank, i have a slow 1.6 zetec-s fiesta and i need a subaru nice clean, fresh, un ragged one. whats my chances of a decent one. can anyone give me any ideas on what i need to be looking for? I was speaking to one guy he said to go for a T reg onwards as these had a lot of upgrades compared to ones earlier??! cheers
chances of getting an unragged one=slim, 99/00 unpredictable tempremental maf sensors-tho have facelift front end and can remap existing ecu,me and about 5 mates have got classics and theres only mine that hasnt had a rebuild-yet,mines done 36k but synchros just gone on 5th gear started off as slight crunch between 4th and 5th. Just being realistic would be tempted if you dont mind the bugeye shape to go for one of them if funds allow as i dont seem to hear about them bein as much trouble as the older classics-that said wouldnt change mine for the world-but they are costly.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/PICT0018.jpg