Sponsored by:

sti aero bits for wrx

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2005, 08:45 PM
willsy369
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb sti aero bits for wrx

Dose anyone have a pic of the aero bits the STI has as standard, but before they were fitted? sounds a silly question but they look moulded onto the STI bumper so do u get a whole corner bit or just the tiny oval ish wing!! cheers. Willsy
Old 18 April 2005, 09:09 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Whole corner bit, fits around wheel arch and wraps around to meet with the line around the foglights. Fitting requires the cutting of a small slot into the standard WRX bumper.
Old 18 April 2005, 09:12 PM
willsy369
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Whole corner bit, fits around wheel arch and wraps around to meet with the line around the foglights. Fitting requires the cutting of a small slot into the standard WRX bumper.
Spot on mate cheers, when everyone was on about cutting a small slot i thought that was for the small oval ish bit and wondered how that wouldnt look crap! Dose anything need to be removed or dose the piece fit over origanl stuff..after drilling!! Cheers. Willsy
Old 18 April 2005, 10:26 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Dunno, never done it myself. Just read a piece on here by someone that did Make sure you tell your insurance company too, as they will want to charge you more than it costs to insure an STi for a WRX that looks like an STi If you don't tell, you ain't insured, and that could leave you in a world of hate if the worst happens
Old 19 April 2005, 12:51 PM
Mazon
Scooby Newbie

I have just fitted them onto my 2004 WRX. This is how I fitted them and I’m sure there are many different ways.

The bottom of the lip fastens into holes provided in the bottom of the bumper and up the side in the wheel arch.

Three grooves need to be cut into the bumper (in the small indent that runs along from the top of the fog light) as there are three plastic clips at the top of the lip.

There are also two plastic plugs on the back of the lip that require holes drilling into the bumper for these to fit into.

Hope this helps.
Old 19 April 2005, 01:59 PM
willsy369
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mazon
I have just fitted them onto my 2004 WRX. This is how I fitted them and I’m sure there are many different ways.

The bottom of the lip fastens into holes provided in the bottom of the bumper and up the side in the wheel arch.

Three grooves need to be cut into the bumper (in the small indent that runs along from the top of the fog light) as there are three plastic clips at the top of the lip.

There are also two plastic plugs on the back of the lip that require holes drilling into the bumper for these to fit into.

Hope this helps.
Cheers that dose help, gonna be getting these soon so good to have some idea where to start! Willsy