ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

oil change history

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2005, 11:17 AM
FlatFourFun
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil change history

Just to canvas opinion, what do the masses think is better, an import type R with loads of service bills from mixed garages, none of them main dealers, or lots of bills for parts and an owner maintaining the car? The reason for this is my car has the raft of bills for servicing prior to me, but I dont really trust a garage to change the oil the correct way, or not take it out and give it a hiding. If I was to service the car myself, and back this up with receipts for the parts, would the majority treat this as a good proposition to buy? or treat it as a liability?
Old 12 April 2005, 11:23 AM
Tasberley
Scooby Regular

I think this really depends on who has serviced the car... Massive difference between garages...

When it comes to the person servicing the car a lot can be told by just talking to the owner for a while....
Old 12 April 2005, 02:00 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would trust myself over any garage when it comes to servicing. I sold my previous 99my with only 2 dealer stamps in the book, but with evidence of 3k oil changes, transmission oil change, plugs, air filter, brake fluid, etc, etc. all with top quality stuff. Reciepts for everything and a written history of servicing, mods etc All this on a car with only 25k on the clock! The guy who bought the car accepted this, in fact he was quite amazed!
JohnD
Old 13 April 2005, 03:55 PM
FlatFourFun
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
I would trust myself over any garage when it comes to servicing. I sold my previous 99my with only 2 dealer stamps in the book, but with evidence of 3k oil changes, transmission oil change, plugs, air filter, brake fluid, etc, etc. all with top quality stuff. Reciepts for everything and a written history of servicing, mods etc All this on a car with only 25k on the clock! The guy who bought the car accepted this, in fact he was quite amazed!
JohnD
Excellent, just what I wanted to hear. With normal cars (BMW's etc...) you get so used to being conditioned into not going near a car if it doesnt have full dealer history etc.