Sponsored by:

Tein suspension

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2000, 10:09 PM
Phil.A
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone have Tein HA suspension fitted to there car,I have a 95 WRX with this set up but no manual and would like to alter the settings, but where do you start
Old 31 August 2000, 10:34 PM
ChrisB

I think Mike Tuckwood of ScoobyMania had some Tein on his old WRX at one point. Might be worth dropping him a e-mail.

I could be wrong though, he did same to change it weekly.

Chris.
Old 31 August 2000, 10:51 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Talking

Indeed I did (well remembered Chris), amongst others.

I had Tein HR on (not adjustable, HA is.

It's very hard, still have the HR stuff available if anyone wants it?

Mike.
Old 01 September 2000, 06:07 AM
malique
Scooby Regular

heya Phil,

What are you trying to achieve?

I'm running with uprated bushes, links, crossmember and arb. For normal/fast road I find 6 clicks front, 4 clicks rear,lowered by 25mm, suitable for my driving style and the car's set up as per above.

For track use I'd drop it by 40mm and set it up 17 clicks front 15 rear.

Reset the dampers to zero then try 8/6 - front/rear and try 6/4 and 10/8 - then u'll see which way u want to go. Wait 30 mins after you adj. before zooming off....

As for the height - the lower u go the less forgiving the car is when it lets go but u get helluvalot of fun when lower....

M.
Old 01 September 2000, 10:21 PM
Phil.A
Scooby Regular

Malique thanks for the info, when you say lower the car for track days, can you give me a height on the strut eg 160 mm from the bottom seat lock to the lip on the strut where it bolts to the hub,my problem seems to be at the back.the rear suspension seems to bump or knock when driven slowly have you any ideas the struts have the pillow ball spherical bearing fitting whitch I think passes the sound of the bump to the car

any ideas Phil
Old 05 September 2000, 09:42 AM
malique
Scooby Regular

Hi Phil,

Sorry...been away at the beach, blue waters, fishing, diving(muff), and boating..

I cant help you with the height I'm afraid, the kit comes with a measure which helps you wind/unwind specific heights - I hardly DIY my stuff...the "shoppe" does it for me....sorry.

The knock you suffer is probably because the oil has travelled past the valve and thereby creating a freeplay gap. Apparently it doesnt affect its performance but is veryyyy irritating. Serviceable but u have to ship it back to Tein or if they have an agent in the UK......

mail Tein: ikuta-katsuhisa <ikuta@tein.co.jp>

mebbe he can help ya
Old 05 September 2000, 11:40 AM
Andy Banks
Scooby Regular

Phil,
I have Tein HR fitted to my STi4. I consider it too hard on bumpy roads, but is great on a smooth road.

I also have a knocking noise from the rear which has been getting louder. Also only happens when driving slowly over a bump. I took the car back to the garage who fitted it, they said it was the rubber mount at the top of the suspension.

However I suspect they were just trying to escape admitting that it is the TEINs at fault, as this would be a pain in the neck for them to sort out (they are not the most honest bunch of mechanics here in hongkong from past experience....)

Seriously considering junking the TEINS and putting the stock suspension back on.

Andy

[This message has been edited by Andy Banks (edited 05 September 2000).]