Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test driving on how you got started!!!

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2005, 11:16 AM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test driving on how you got started!!!

Is it just me, or is test driving cars a really fun thing to do!!

When I first passed my test, I went round all the car garages I could find even after ordering my pug 206, and tried to see what the fastest car I get to test drive would be. Did fairly well back then and got into a BMW 328, and golf VR6 (this was about 6 years ago now when I was 17)

Then I got the bug again and tried to get a test drive on the new M3 whilst at uni, being 20, they weren't to keen, but pretended to have loads of dosh and got to drive one of the latest SMG sequential ones, which was horrible as you had to blip the gear up or down, take your foot off for the gear to engage before flooring again (Would have been better off with a mannual), but still a very fast car.

Then came the day went with my brother when I was 21 to drop off his P1 for a service, and looked at the STI8, then only 2 months out. Dealer came over and said would I like to go for a drive!!! The biggest grin came on to my face, and off I went, with my brother in the back. Once back in from the drive, I had the bug, and wanted it, however being 21 caused a few insurance glitches, but managed to get round these whilst Tescos were insuring 21 year olds on Subarus, and I haven't looked back as the car is awesome.

Anyway my questions is how did you all get started on your scoobs, and what is the fastest car you have ever test driven. Think I may pop to a ferrari garage soon!!!!

O and by the way the dealer was Spring Park Motors which has now closed down, much to a lot of peoples annoyance as they were a great dealer. Found out the only reason I was allowed to test drive the STI was because my brother had brought his P1 from them when he was 22, and they thought I would be hoping to buy one as well. They assumed right!!
Old 31 March 2005, 12:04 PM
GaryScoobNCBR
Scooby Regular

good post.... the best car i test drove was the scoob, aint test drove another since i brought it
Old 31 March 2005, 02:46 PM
MrDBM
Scooby Regular

The quickest car I've test driven was a Scoob (of course) at a car supermarket in Winsford. I nailed in in second and had a mild brown-trouser moment - I was sold on Scooby's from then on. Interestingly, the dealer chap gave me some spin about a speed restriction on trade plates - anyone know if that's bull-poo?

Bought my Euro MY00 DBM one I month later, but always wondered what happend to that UK Silver V Plater