Sponsored by:

Impeza driver dies in police chase near royston

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2005, 07:46 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impeza driver dies in police chase near royston

Anyone know anything about the man who died after crashing his car after being pursued by the police.

Supposedly pulled over and showed his documents then the unmarked police car followed him and he sped off and crashed at great speed near royston.
Old 30 March 2005, 07:53 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

they must have had something to hide to go off from the cops at "great speed".
Old 30 March 2005, 08:00 PM
rizzy
BANNED

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
they must have had something to hide to go off from the cops at "great speed".
[edited to remove abuse]

R.I.P. my thoughts are with the family of the driver

Last edited by AndyC_772; 30 March 2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old 30 March 2005, 08:19 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

The only sympathy from me is for any innocent 3rd parties that got involved through the drivers own selfish and stupid actions.
Old 30 March 2005, 08:46 PM
rizzy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Shark Man
The only sympathy from me is for any innocent 3rd parties that got involved through the drivers own selfish and stupid actions.
omg,what a heartless guy.have you heard your self.

selfish?
have you ever been pulled over in your subaru.
you would probally know how he felt.

i suppose you have never been pulled.

as far as i am concerned that is harassment,what the police did to that driver.

after producing his documents why did they carry on following him?

Last edited by rizzy; 30 March 2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 30 March 2005, 08:51 PM
rfowler
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

if all is true i really feel for the family and the guy who died R.I.P Man, I always get pulled by the cops just cause they are surprised to see a young guy with a nice car.

Last edited by Chris L; 30 March 2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 30 March 2005, 08:56 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Are you somehow involved, if not you don't know the full facts as to why they followed him. Maybe I am weird, BUT, if the police had pulled me and then followed me, and I had nothing to hide (i think we are talking bigger than speeding here) i would not be making off at "great speed".

Of course, i too am not involved and know none of the specifics, so I didn't want to give condolances to what might (from info given) be more than a petty (motoring) criminal.

You've been in an arguement with someone in another thread, so obviously i need some abuse..

Trending Topics

Old 30 March 2005, 08:58 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

And yes, i got pulled a fair few times in my scoob.
Old 30 March 2005, 09:00 PM
rizzy
BANNED

You've been in an arguement with someone in another thread, so obviously i need some abuse..

is that the best you can come up with.

whether it be a criminal or not no one deserves to die,and i would never wish that on nobody.

i replied the way i did because your remarks where thoughtless and heartless.

Last edited by rizzy; 30 March 2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 30 March 2005, 09:03 PM
rizzy
BANNED

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
And yes, i got pulled a fair few times in my scoob.
am sure you have

just like the rest of us.
Old 30 March 2005, 09:04 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Less of the insults please - we don't know the facts, so let's all stop jumping to conclusions - or the thread goes.
Old 30 March 2005, 09:06 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I never wished it on him either. But if they made off at speed and put themselves in a so-called pursuit then they hardly helped themselves. I don't like the way motorists are treated by the police, but they can hardly be blamed here [from the info given].

I do however, extend my sympathy to the family of the driver and anyone else caught up in it..
Old 30 March 2005, 09:29 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Got followed out of Royston last weekend by a silver bodykitted Scoob (with only one working headlight). Hope it wasn't the same one.
Old 30 March 2005, 09:35 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rizzy

selfish?

Yes I have. I have put with a fair share of absuive police too, which only has detrimented my opinion of them.

BUT

Is it so hard to stop and put up with it?

Honestly really? Or is it so much easier to speed off and drive in such a manner that you crash?

Not the police's fault, its the drivers; his decision, his idiocy. I just pray that nobody else was involved or hurt.
Old 30 March 2005, 09:39 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What the Shark man said.........
Old 30 March 2005, 09:45 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

i only heard this by word of mouth and gossip, through the mother-in-law, someone spoke to hear about a silver scoob crashing and driver dying during a chase by an unmarked police car, the person who approached thought it might be me as i have a silver scoob. muppets.

i dont have any details apart from, a marked police car checked the drivers details ot a petrol station, the na un-marked car followed them and the subaru sped off and crashed.

all sounds suspicious which is why i asked, the papers dont seem to of picked up on any of it.
Old 30 March 2005, 10:46 PM
little_idiot
Scooby Regular

selfish?

There is no excuse for driving that endangers others!

I agree with SidHead's comments on this one, an old girlfriend of mines uncle was in a head on collision with someone who was reckless driving - he now has one leg 6ins shorter than the other and needs help to get out of bed, put his shoes on etc etc. out of his two passengers (married couple) one of them was killed! none of it was his fault, wreckless driver coming in the other direction.

I wouldn't wish anyone dead, but like SidHead said, at least there was noone else seriously hurt
Old 30 March 2005, 10:49 PM
Jamjar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pbee
i only heard this by word of mouth and gossip, through the mother-in-law, someone spoke to hear about a silver scoob crashing and driver dying during a chase by an unmarked police car, the person who approached thought it might be me as i have a silver scoob. muppets.

i dont have any details apart from, a marked police car checked the drivers details ot a petrol station, the na un-marked car followed them and the subaru sped off and crashed.

all sounds suspicious which is why i asked, the papers dont seem to of picked up on any of it.
I expect it'll be the next edition of the Royston Crow or whatever its called
Old 30 March 2005, 11:00 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

is that the best you can come up with.

whether it be a criminal or not no one deserves to die,and i would never wish that on nobody.

i replied the way i did because your remarks where thoughtless and heartless.
If you never wished it on nobody that means you wish it on everybody???? Nice...
Seriously get a grip 'captain sympathy' - I would never complain about being pulled up by the police for a spot check in my high powered mobeeel! Glad the police are ensuring its a legit driver... You should be honoured they think your car is worthy of a decent stop check...
At the end of the day - to die at great speed would insinuate the driver was speeding - and attempting to get away from the law so as long as only he and no-one else died / was injured then fork him...
As for his family - if they have lost a loved one - my smypathy - it will happen to us all - but would they issue me with sympathy when a loved one of mine dies through non criminal activity? naaaaa thought as much...
Old 30 March 2005, 11:13 PM
bluescoobydriver
Scooby Newbie

Default scooby crash

this was the first post from my local site

I hate having to do these, but, needs to be done!!!

Andy died last night in a car accident in Royson, thats all the information we have!!

For all those of You who knew Andy, Andy could usualy be found in BK car pk, with a lil following of girls !! He used to drive a silver Astra 2ltr turbo, in the summer, sold that and bought a saxo, then just recently, bought himself an 02 plate scooby!!

Andy was always a laugh, up for ne thing!! I rmbr racing to Stevenage once, there must have been 8 cars, and Andy, being mad, shoots up the hard sholder, and beats us all there......He had two of my mates in the car tho!! I was not happy!! But, he lived life to the full!! I let him drive my car once or twice, lol, after He let me have a go in the Astra!

Andy was a good bloke, I rmbr when I didnt have a car (due to my accident) he offered sooooo many times, to come pick me up and take me to Letch, and take me home again!! Bless him, heart of gold!!

Always Missed Fella..........My thoughts with your family at this time!

(What a sh** year 2005 is turning out to be!)
Old 30 March 2005, 11:15 PM
bluescoobydriver
Scooby Newbie

Default then came

andy woz like my best m8! we would always ave a laugh nd he would always play true player in his car nd sing along wiv a stupid lil voice! every1 used 2 think he woz really quiet nd a lil bit strange but if u got 2 know him as well as me, pinky nd becci then u would ave seen the true side 2 him! i memba wen we all went 2 stevo! me nd erika in her car nd andy pinky nd becci in his car nd then there woz more ppl in their cars but cnt memba who they were! all u saw woz a few ppl cruisin along then u c andy shootin up the hard shoulder! he woz such a fun person nd i will miss goin out wivb him every sunday n seein him pull up outside my house wiv his grey nike hat on! he will always b remembered nd gr8ly missed! love u always andy R.I.P! he crashed coz the police pulled him over nd as the police officer woz bout 2 go 2 tlk 2 him he drove off quite fast nd hit a curb which sent his car flyin 150ft nd he went into a ditch! andy bein andy wasnt wearin a seat belt! he is 1 of a kind nd will neva b replaced!! LOVE YA ANDY
Old 30 March 2005, 11:16 PM
bluescoobydriver
Scooby Newbie

Default then came

i have heard a different story tonight i have heard that he wasnt drunk or drugged up i have heard that he was stopped for speeding then drove off as soon as the copper got out and then the old bill car tryed spinning him out and thats how he lost control cos the old bill car was damamged aswel

but still R.I.P fella hope ya all looking down on us mate
Old 30 March 2005, 11:17 PM
bluescoobydriver
Scooby Newbie

Default then somebody really got the hump

look u lot r jus hearin rumours nd its all bollox!! pug_106xl how dare u say its all true u didnt know him! this is wot is says on a website wiv the news on it so heres the ****in truth

An investigation has been launched after a man crashed his car and died while trying to avoid police in Cambridgeshire. The driver of a blue Subaru was followed and stopped by a marked police vehicle around one o'clock this morning. But he got away and crashed into a ditch on the A10 at Shepreth. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The A10 has been closed between Shepreth and Melbourn all morning. Officers are appealing for witnesses, and the case has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

there ya go u all know now so stop spreadin lies!! he woz my best m8 nd readin wot u put pissed me off!! i love him 2 pieces nd always will! he will never b forgotton! he never took drugs nd never drunk nd drove! i used 2 go out in his car all the time nd he would never put n e 1's life at risk!
Old 30 March 2005, 11:18 PM
bluescoobydriver
Scooby Newbie

Default and then

the end of the day its bollox!! no1 woz there wiv andy nd the truth of wot happened woz on the website that i went on! the police didnt try nd spin him out he hit a curb nd his car flew 150 ft from that spot nd then he went into the ditch!! he lost control wen he hit the curb coz he woz goin so fast so no the police did not do n e fing! do u really think they would do summin like that if sum1 woz goin at such a speed......... NO!! jus leave it at that! ppl claim they knew andy very well but probs didnt know him very well at all jus probs knew him!
Old 30 March 2005, 11:20 PM
bluescoobydriver
Scooby Newbie

Default so there ya go

i only met this guy once or twice and did not really know him but it is a sad loss.

does'nt seem to matter what happened or whos fault it is hes gone and thats that.

didnt post these to start or end any arguments it is just to let you lot know whats going on, i am sure it be in the papers soon enough.

Garry
Old 30 March 2005, 11:23 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Thanks for posting those, explains a lot about the mentality of the driver! Especially once I worked out they were copy/pastes LOL. A little sad that he went and killed himself, but looks like it was on the cards, I'm just glad there was no1 else killed!

Last edited by SiDHEaD; 31 March 2005 at 05:49 AM.
Old 30 March 2005, 11:33 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

translator please!
Old 30 March 2005, 11:37 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

All i can say is weather he be right or wrong is that i feel for is family....
Old 30 March 2005, 11:38 PM
bluescoobydriver
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Tiggs
translator please!
the posts are from people who knew andy(the guy that died) they are all copied and pasted from another site to let you lot know what happened.
Old 30 March 2005, 11:49 PM
pj748r
Scooby Regular

Andy was always a laugh, up for ne thing!! I rmbr racing to Stevenage once, there must have been 8 cars, and Andy, being mad, shoots up the hard sholder, and beats us all there......He had two of my mates in the car tho!! I was not happy!! But, he lived life to the full!!
he crashed coz the police pulled him over nd as the police officer woz bout 2 go 2 tlk 2 him he drove off quite fast nd hit a curb which sent his car flyin 150ft nd he went into a ditch! andy bein andy wasnt wearin a seat belt!
If he had nothing to hide,why did he do a runner?was he havin a laff?
Because if he had hit my wife's car with my 2 children in it and put them in hospital/killed them , i don't think i would've thought he was a laugh!
In 18 years in one of the Rescue Services,i have cut my fair share of McRae wannabes out of cars,dead and alive,seen a 3 year old child thrown through the front windscreen of her parents car,still strapped in her child seat,which was securely fastened in,only to be ****ed up due to the impact of the other car!And it wasn't their fault!
If he was legit,why run ?

Quick Reply: Impeza driver dies in police chase near royston