Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Number plate spray reflect's camera flash!!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2005, 07:23 PM
GUNNER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Number plate spray reflect's camera flash!!!

Local to me (Bournemouth area) a guy has set up a small buisness spraying plate's for £35 a car,there's a picture in our local echo paper showing without the spray the plate is clear to see after speed camera flash (like we know) but with the transparant spray, the plate only show's a reflection of the flash and nothing else!!. Ploice coment on article quote:We understand how tempting this is but it may prove expensive to pervert the course of justice.People should use common sense.

Some 6-8 month's ago i picked up a leaflet offering a can of this spray for about £17.00 which would treat 3 car's, wot a bargain that was (have you still got the leaflet RON ) None of our local group bought any,don't think anybody wanted to be a guinea pig so we discarded the idea.
Old 29 March 2005, 07:42 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

the sprays are generally crap I have read on one of the speed camera testing sites on the web ... (quickly looks for the address)... dont think any of the tested sprays actually worked as the images could be reversed messed about with etc etc to see your number plate anyway..

The webby which is very good for info is http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/platespray.htm
Old 29 March 2005, 08:11 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(have you still got the leaflet RON )??

Not sure mate.. i have a funny feeling it might still be in the car pocket.....
Old 29 March 2005, 08:41 PM
GUNNER
Scooby Regular

Not sure who done the testing in the article,but it was tested on gatso with good result's.The thing is your not gunna spray it on and then test it are you!,but if you did get caught out at least you stand a chance.

Have a look Ron,you never know.
Old 29 March 2005, 09:16 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

They dont work. Most of them are designed for US plates which have a similar level of reflectivity across the entire plate. UK plates have a black area and a reflective area, and even if the developed photo looks white, they can look at the negative and mess with the contrast to get the numberplate out. I've seen the film processing kit in action and it's very good. (or bad depending on your opinion )

OTOH, I hear B&Qs own brand gloss emulsion does a pretty good job of obscuring your reg number