Sponsored by:

had one of those days today...

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2005, 05:39 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Unhappy had one of those days today...

...where you can do no right; got a w@nker sign for overtaking a bloke in an ST170 doing 40 in a derestricted, got flashed after overtaking someone on a dual carriageway and my favourite I just got bibbed because my tyres squealed going round a roundabout
Old 28 March 2005, 06:02 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by trails
...where you can do no right; got a w@nker sign for overtaking a bloke in an ST170 doing 40 in a derestricted, got flashed after overtaking someone on a dual carriageway and my favourite I just got bibbed because my tyres squealed going round a roundabout
you're a bloody menace.

get off the road, you give us scooby drivers a bad name
Old 28 March 2005, 06:14 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
you're a bloody menace.

get off the road, you give us scooby drivers a bad name
i think its mostly 'cause people think you are going faster than you are due to messars Hayward & Scott lovely cat free pipe...maybe if i got some 'bass' and tried to drown out the pipe people might be more friendly
Old 28 March 2005, 06:22 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Way of the world. No-one likes to be overtaken any more, even when they're just pootling well under the limit. The majority of brain-dead drones blindly ambling around on the roads of the UK have believed all the hype about speed and feel it's their duty to use whatever means to try and educate those who drive quickly whilst focused and attentive and in full control of their vehicle that their actions are irresponsible Maybe we should start flashing and pipping them when we see them smoking, using their phones, drinking their Starbucks or letting their young children play freely in the back seats whilst they subconciously trundle around oblivious to others and their own actions. Driving has become a secondary task whilst actually driving, due to increasingly safe cars and excessive false propaganda used to perpetuate the governments money making scams. By far the most common cause of accidents is poor driving, whatever the speed.

I smiled wryely this weekend when I printed a golfing magazine which featured an article on golfing in Italy. In it there was a section about getting around whilst there, and it said "Don't get upset if anyone overtakes you, they simply want to go quicker than you and it is not frowned upon in Italy. Don't be annoyed if you get honked at, as Italians use it to say thankyou"

Maybe you overtook some Italians today, and they were thanking you for allowing them the joys of watching a Scoob do its stuff
Old 28 March 2005, 07:18 PM
New_scooby_04

Fit a sign saying "honk if you bonk" to your back window, you'll hear so much beeping, you'll become impervious to it!!
Old 28 March 2005, 07:32 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Maybe you overtook some Italians today, and they were thanking you for allowing them the joys of watching a Scoob do its stuff
not only is that funny as hell but its definitely a positive way of thinking about the way other 'car users' interact with a driver
cheers, ian
Old 28 March 2005, 07:44 PM
Stax
Scooby Regular

Its true about the flashing maybe.... Course, if it was accompanied by a w*nker sign then its probably not somone saying 'Nice car mate'.....!
Old 28 March 2005, 07:59 PM
skoda_kid
Scooby Regular

Fit a sign saying "honk if you bonk" to your back window, you'll hear so much beeping, you'll become impervious to it!!
Old 29 March 2005, 11:16 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Stax
Its true about the flashing maybe.... Course, if it was accompanied by a w*nker sign then its probably not somone saying 'Nice car mate'.....!
Not true, might be someone saying:

"nice car............you wa*ker!!"
Old 29 March 2005, 12:18 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Not true, might be someone saying:

"nice car............you wa*ker!!"
that sounds closer to the truth...maybe they are just confused being overtaken by a noisy estate with funny lumps on the bonnet?
Old 01 April 2005, 06:10 PM
dc2
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by trails
I get this all the time, it's not just Scoobs...but it might be just lairy, noisy, heavily be-spoilered cars!!!

So I've stopped caring...I now try and time it so I'm firmly in VTEC when I pass the drivers window! There are two options:-
1) Stealth mode - time it so the car hits VTEC at their window (volume doubles, they wonder where you've come from)
2) Maximum attack - hit 8.5k rpm right by their window. If that doesn't wake them up they're dead!!!