Sponsored by:

WRX PPP or STI.

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2005, 01:41 AM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question WRX PPP or STI.

Would anyone happen to know the general performance figure's for a my 03 wrx wagon with ppp, i.e 0-60, top speed, etc. Just wondered because i used to use a my 02 sti, and i can't work out which one feel's faster from a standing start. If anyone know's it would be most helpful,thank's.onder2:
Old 17 March 2005, 05:49 AM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

Yeah i would be interested to know this too since PPP fitted to my MY01, and comparison to the STi7 I think out shortly after that. I think the STi's though just have the edge, sure someone on here will have the figures to hand PPP vs STi on bhp, 0-60, V max, 30-70etc.
Old 17 March 2005, 08:11 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The old chestnut For 03 MY, the STi 0-62 was always quoted as 5.2s, with the WRX PPP at 4.8s (STi PPP 4.6 IIRC). The primary reason for the STi being slower is the 6 speed 'box which requires a change to 3rd to hit 60. On the road, the STi will always be the quicker car, and provide a much more sporting, rewarding and responsive driving experience. There's more to an STi than more power. The big benefits come from the modifications to the handling/suspension and drivetrain, although the engine performance upgrades do provide a better starting block for modification. I have an 03 WRX PPP, and rue the day I chose that over an STi.
Old 17 March 2005, 10:17 AM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by corradoboy
The old chestnut For 03 MY, the STi 0-62 was always quoted as 5.2s, with the WRX PPP at 4.8s (STi PPP 4.6 IIRC). The primary reason for the STi being slower is the 6 speed 'box which requires a change to 3rd to hit 60. On the road, the STi will always be the quicker car, and provide a much more sporting, rewarding and responsive driving experience. There's more to an STi than more power. The big benefits come from the modifications to the handling/suspension and drivetrain, although the engine performance upgrades do provide a better starting block for modification. I have an 03 WRX PPP, and rue the day I chose that over an STi.
Ooh thank's for the information, iv'e just changed an sti for a wrx ppp,onder2: i know the sti is by far the better car, more fun to drive etc, etc. I just wondered which one was quicker on paper, i must admit the sti alway's felt quicker, probably because of the extra gear,( alway's being higher in the rev range ), but i needed a wagon for dog's, work etc. Thank's for the help. Shaun
Old 17 March 2005, 12:43 PM
Wuss
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Personally I would consider the insurance. A standard UK STi is MUCH easier to insure than a WRX + PPP. I know it's daft but that's the way it is.

And if you think it's bad at the moment, I'm fairly confident that you will not be able to insure a modified Subaru with any of the mainstream insurers within a few years!

I have been quoted less to insure a WR1 (essentially an MY04 STi + PPP) than my UK MY00 + PPP because they view the WR1 as a 'standard' vehicle!!!???

Mark.

Last edited by Wuss; 17 March 2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old 17 March 2005, 12:48 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

the figures for wrx ppp/sti/sti ppp should be on the prodrive website but generally the sti is faster and corners better,why they do not release a sti wagon i do not understand as loads of people with wrx wagons would upgrade i presume
martin