Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RB5 values?

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2000, 09:50 AM
Steve_Yeowart
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody any idea the going rate for an RB5 with 30,000 motorway miles on the clock?

Don't be to harsh guys!
Old 28 August 2000, 07:13 PM
Iain P
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Cheapest I've seen recently is £20995 for a base version. The prices seem to have remained fairly high, averaging around £23k. No idea what they have been selling for but at least all of those in Top marques and Autotrader are around the same prices which must be the going rate if that's what you are looking for. Bumped my head a month ago and asked a dealer how much they would give me for it (no p/x) - offered £19k cash - I've since realised that there is nothing I fancy to replace it. The car is widely recognised as a fine package and I for one hope these used values remain high. I would expect an excellent car with 30k miles to fetch £20-21k ish, add £1.5k for the Prodrive version. Well that's what I reckon..........the car is very rare so hold out for that particular buyer. In general, I have noticed that the limited edition models seem to hold their values - saw a Terzo recently for £21k! I hope RB wins the WRC title this year!
Old 28 August 2000, 07:14 PM
SimonM
Scooby Regular

Someone I know of recently got 19.5K for a WR Sport when sold to a garge. (Well Lane turbo centre I think)

SimonM
Old 29 August 2000, 09:31 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

I've just paid £23,995 for my RB5 ProDrive (11 months old, 8,000 and one owner) and am well pleased with the price and the car as a complete package The dealer carried out all my little requests (wheels changed around, 10 stack CD swapped from other scooby, slightly damaged interior panel replaced) as well as servicing the car and carrying out the first year body service, cheers to SGT in Taplow

The salesman put in a bit of spiel(?) about the ProDrive cars saying they are VERY rare now, he added that only 150 or so RB5's were converted to WR Spec adding to their residual value. Not sure if to believe this or not, but I am impressed with the car and haven't seen any others in my area yet which makes my car appear rare again, unlike my previous UK car

Yex

PS: come on Burnsy win that b****y title will ya
Old 29 August 2000, 11:41 AM
Iain P
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Yex, what car did you have before the RB5?
Old 29 August 2000, 02:00 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

Iain,

I traded in my 1998 UK Turbo as part of the deal. When I first drove the '98 car I was extremely impressed with handling, speed etc. I then had an ITG filter and ScoobySport BB fitted which didn't appear to give any power increase, but the sound was lovely

When I test drove the RB5 it was a completely different animal. The handling had been sharpened, the power range expanded (now between 2500-6000rpm) and the torque delivery hugely improved, running about 260lbs against standard 200ish. The brakes on the MY99 cars are 4 pot and these felt much, much better than the standard 2 pot versions on my previous Scooby. However, I'm toying with the idea of uprating them as brakes are very important to me, particualrly as I do track days and do not want fade The only small downside is with the 17" rims which give a bit more harsher ride than the standard set up, but all in all the improvement offered by the ProDrive conversion is vast over the standard cars IMHO.

Regards

Yex
Old 30 August 2000, 10:27 PM
mconyers
Scooby Regular

I visited dealer just south of Dundee to-day - he had a P1 languishing in the showroom for several months. I have RB5 130, June 99, 17k - he wanted £16k to change, valuing the car at £15.5k.

I politely declined his generous offer.