Sponsored by:

Scooby newbie - PPP & Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2005, 10:59 PM
philthejuggler
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Scooby newbie - PPP & Radio

Hi all, bought a brand new WRX Saloon about a month ago and now have a couple of questions I couldn't find anwered elsewhere - all help gratefully received!

1) I'm interested in the PPP kit and there seems no doubt it improves performance substantially. Does it make much of a difference to fuel consumption and what is the usual monetary effect on insurance premium once PPP is declared?

2) Any bright ideas on radio reception? - has been miserable from the start. I've now replaced the shocking head unit supplied with the Scooby & the front speakers. CD now sounds great, but radio is still inclined to interference (although not as bad as before)

Thanks in anticipation,

Phil
Old 07 March 2005, 11:08 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

PPP in itself won't make much difference to consumption, in fact it's supposed to improve it slightly I'm led to believe. Probably completely negated though by the increase in temptation to put your foot down at every opportunity

MY05 WRX PPP here - can't say I've noticed any probs with radio reception although the head unit and speakers are notoriously poor !
Old 07 March 2005, 11:17 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah - insurance, increase will depend entirely on who you are insured with, worth checking in advance as you may need to shop around if they quote you silly
Apparantly getting harder as well as a lot of insurance companys are shying away from 'modified' cars.
I'm with Norwich Union and they were very reasonable tbh - approx an additional £60 for the year I seem to remember..
Old 07 March 2005, 11:30 PM
philthejuggler
Scooby Newbie

Many thanks, Bartop. I 'phoned Direct Line earlier and they estimated about £100 extra for the year, but they wanted to know the increase in BHP - the PPP pdf on subaru.co.uk only talks about torque & ps values. I need to fish out the BHP increase for an accurate quote.

Not sure if this is relevant to the aerial issue, but the reception is perfect when the car is stationary, the whistling is only audible on the move. (and if it's raining, the whistles change in time to the windscreen wipers )

Phil
Old 07 March 2005, 11:38 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Increase is from 225 bhp to 265 bhp - or approx 20% if they want it in those terms..
No prob here with the wipers and whistling so worth getting your dealer to investigate that one
Old 07 March 2005, 11:45 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

btw those figures are from prodrive site and are quoted in PS as well - good enough to use them as bhp for insurance tho - if you wanted true BHP, one PS is about 98.6% of one bhp..