Sponsored by:

pick up new scooby friday.

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2005, 08:14 PM
Scoobylambo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pick up new scooby friday.

Finally got rid of the C-max, now I'm getting an 01 WRX in black, the bugeyes have been replaced, it has a STI rear spoiler, scoobysport exhaust and nice wheels.....Can't wait.

ONE question though....are their any insurance Co. that you don't have to have a tracker...????
it has one, but I'm not sure £££ it is monthly to get it working..???

Thanks for any help.
Old 02 March 2005, 08:22 PM
craig5
Scooby Regular

liverpool victoria are the best but you must be 25 and they don't require a tracker
Old 02 March 2005, 10:17 PM
Scoobylambo
Scooby Regular

cheers, are their any others..???
Old 02 March 2005, 10:38 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Im with NFU Mutual (cheap) they don't insist on one.
Old 02 March 2005, 10:56 PM
furrydice79
Scooby Regular

i just insured with norwich union, 25y/o ,1year n/c cat 1 alarm on a MY05(EU import) new sti, 2000 quid,,,,no tracker needed, just so long as you have cat1 alarm or immobiliser
Old 03 March 2005, 10:21 PM
Scoobylambo
Scooby Regular

cheers, I tried Norwich union and they wanted £990, Liverpoo-victoria £980, Tesco's £678 and Privilege £556.....and that was ringing them just to make sure.
2morrow is the big day......Finally.
Old 07 March 2005, 11:09 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Be careful with Tesco's insurance people. It is very much like Admiral's policy in that if your car is written off (regardless of fault), you have to pay the full's years premium and the policy is cancelled as soon as the car is deemed a write off.

This has 2 really nasty effects. One, you could have just insured the car and now have basically lost a year's premium (which is not recoverable from the other party in any circumstances).

The second, is that you have just lost your car, and not too surprisingly, you will want another. Since the policy is cancelled, you have just lost the ability to drive other cars on 3rd party insurance. It is not possible to arrange insurance just for a test drive, and trust me, I tried.

I have just been through this process, and I can say that it is no fun at all. Apart from the fact that I have just swapped my 106 GTi for an Impreza that is due to arrive on Friday

Trending Topics

Old 08 March 2005, 08:03 AM
donutman
Scooby Regular

i thought tesco wanted trackers on scoobs?

have a look in the insurance section there has been loads of places mentioned which do not require one. I think they are begining to grasp that these things can be jammed etc and are not worth the ££££

enjoy your car
Old 08 March 2005, 09:57 AM
mclannahan
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Luminous
Be careful with Tesco's insurance people. It is very much like Admiral's policy in that if your car is written off (regardless of fault), you have to pay the full's years premium and the policy is cancelled as soon as the car is deemed a write off.

This has 2 really nasty effects. One, you could have just insured the car and now have basically lost a year's premium (which is not recoverable from the other party in any circumstances).

The second, is that you have just lost your car, and not too surprisingly, you will want another. Since the policy is cancelled, you have just lost the ability to drive other cars on 3rd party insurance. It is not possible to arrange insurance just for a test drive, and trust me, I tried.

I have just been through this process, and I can say that it is no fun at all. Apart from the fact that I have just swapped my 106 GTi for an Impreza that is due to arrive on Friday
Luminous - Have just gone through the same myself with Admiral but they didn't cancel my policy...I just paid a premium to top up my policy to cover the WRX. My old car was declared as a write-off (he told me it's now a 58% call....if it's more than 58% of the car's value to repair they write it off) but haven't yet got the settlement figure from them...Perhaps that's the difference?

I had three years NCB but I'll have that knocked back to 2 now....god damn it...

Cheers

Michael
Old 08 March 2005, 12:43 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

I think you'll find Liverpool Victoria will only insure over 30's on the newage scoobs, over 25's on classics. That's what I've seen posted in numerous threads before.
Old 08 March 2005, 01:32 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

I'm with Directline and have never required the fitment of a tracker.
Old 08 March 2005, 02:30 PM
Eddy T
Scooby Newbie

Admiral don't require trackers.

Wasn't aware of the 'pay whole years premium following write-off' bit though. Will go read the small print tonight.
Old 08 March 2005, 03:26 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby newbee !
Finally got rid of the C-max, now I'm getting an 01 WRX in black, the bugeyes have been replaced, it has a STI rear spoiler, scoobysport exhaust and nice wheels.....Can't wait.

ONE question though....are their any insurance Co. that you don't have to have a tracker...????
it has one, but I'm not sure £££ it is monthly to get it working..???

Thanks for any help.
TBH i was with Norwich Union and they only gave me 25 quid discount when i did get Trakker fitted.I am with L'pool Victoria now.They are far cheaper no matter what.
Old 08 March 2005, 04:00 PM
Arthur Fowler
Scooby Regular

Don't forget when sorting your insurance that the car has been modded. I know its not much and you wouldn't think it should make a difference, but best to be on the safe side.

Enjoy your new scoob!
Old 08 March 2005, 04:09 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

L'pool Victoria dont bump up the price for exterior mods and the points on your license unless you have been banned or sumthing.Good to tell them everything tho.They do take notice of engine mods.Still the cheapest in the market