Sponsored by:

Registering my warranty

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2005, 09:27 AM
scoobie elf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Registering my warranty

When buying an eu import it is my responsibility to register with IM to validate my warranty. Has anyone had experience of this and if so can you advise me on how easy it is do and what I have to do? I am purchasing a car in a couple of weeks so I want to know what I have to do in advance.

Thanks.
Old 26 February 2005, 09:29 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to inform International Motors in birmingham, ill see if i can find a number for you

Tony
Old 26 February 2005, 09:30 AM
Vipa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobie elf
When buying an eu import it is my responsibility to register with IM to validate my warranty. Has anyone had experience of this and if so can you advise me on how easy it is do and what I have to do? I am purchasing a car in a couple of weeks so I want to know what I have to do in advance.

Thanks.
Yes it is up to you. It's easy though, you just supply IM with the original sales invoice from the originating country which the supplier over here should be able to provide you with and your details.

Paul
Old 26 February 2005, 09:30 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Contact Details: Subaru UK (International Motors)

Ryder Street

West Bromwich

West Midlands

B70 0EJ
Telephone: 0121 522 2000
Fax: 0121 522 6099

You need your certificate of conformity (eu) and you have to send it off to them (i think) been a while since i did mine (2000)

Tony
Old 26 February 2005, 09:37 AM
scoobie elf
Scooby Regular

So it's just a case of ring IM, speaking to someone in the warrany department and explaining I wish to register my vehicle to be covered by the warranty, providing a few details on the phone and then backing it up by sending them the certificate and the invoice? That sounds easy enough.

Thanks for the help.
Old 26 February 2005, 10:48 AM
Vipa
Scooby Regular

So it's just a case of ring IM, speaking to someone in the warrany department and explaining I wish to register my vehicle to be covered by the warranty, providing a few details on the phone and then backing it up by sending them the certificate and the invoice? That sounds easy enough.

Thanks for the help.
You got it!!

Paul
Old 26 February 2005, 02:29 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

You don't need to phone or send your certificate of conformity, only a copy of the original sales invoice and your details (address etc). If you like I can send you my letter for you to use (with your details of course..!), PM me if you do.

Jason

Trending Topics

Old 26 February 2005, 08:27 PM
The Darkling
Scooby Newbie

THE MOST IMPORTANT DOCUMENT THEY WANT IS A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL SALES INVOICE, DONT GET THIS THEN NO WARRANTY
Old 26 February 2005, 09:28 PM
scoobie elf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasonius
You don't need to phone or send your certificate of conformity, only a copy of the original sales invoice and your details (address etc). If you like I can send you my letter for you to use (with your details of course..!), PM me if you do.

Jason
Jason

I have sent you a PM
Old 30 March 2006, 04:40 PM
pete1976
Scooby Regular

Jason, please can you send me a copy of this letter too?

I'll drop you a PM.

Many thanks.

Pete.
Old 30 March 2006, 05:11 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

No probs..
Old 30 March 2006, 07:09 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Thanks.
According to Subaru Europe, the only thing to present to IM / Subaru UK is your 3 yr warranty / service booklet supplied by the originating authorised Subaru dealer in the European Economic Area - Malta, Cyprus or wherever else in Europe. No need for invoices etc - the warranty booklet is the evidence of the 3yr warranty and it's the only thing which Subaru UK should be asking for.

Maybe this is splitting hairs but, if you have 3 yr warranty booklet as described above, then you already have a valid warranty. IM / Subaru UK only need to see this evidence so that they know your car is covered and it only confirms to them that they are obliged to carry out warranty work in accordance with the terms and conditions of the warranty given by the originating authorised dealer.
Old 30 March 2006, 07:38 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

I have a Euro WRX which was brought into the UK by the previous (and original) owner, he failed to get the 6k service done, is my warranty invalid?
Old 31 March 2006, 12:59 PM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tim's wrx
According to Subaru Europe, the only thing to present to IM / Subaru UK is your 3 yr warranty / service booklet supplied by the originating authorised Subaru dealer in the European Economic Area - Malta, Cyprus or wherever else in Europe. No need for invoices etc - the warranty booklet is the evidence of the 3yr warranty and it's the only thing which Subaru UK should be asking for.

Maybe this is splitting hairs but, if you have 3 yr warranty booklet as described above, then you already have a valid warranty. IM / Subaru UK only need to see this evidence so that they know your car is covered and it only confirms to them that they are obliged to carry out warranty work in accordance with the terms and conditions of the warranty given by the originating authorised dealer.
Exactly.. just got round to doing mine and all they really wanted was a copy of the driver / car info on the first page of the service book.
Old 31 March 2006, 01:00 PM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Varboy
I have a Euro WRX which was brought into the UK by the previous (and original) owner, he failed to get the 6k service done, is my warranty invalid?
How far over the 6k is it now..?
Old 31 March 2006, 01:45 PM
comic cuts
Scooby Regular

Location: Holder of six fairy tokens, from the land of green ginger

All they'll need, as someone said earlier, is a copy of the first page of your service book showing the selling distributor, and the VIN and date of reg date. Stick to the service schedule from that country or they'll not help with any warranty work!

CC
Old 31 March 2006, 02:24 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

For information: for Malta imports, Subaru Malta say that their service regime reflects the conditions in Malta where much of the use will be for short trips etc. Subaru Malta confirm that for normal UK use the intermediate services shown in the Malta service and warranty booklet at 3000 miles, 14,000 miles, 24,000 miles, 33,000 miles etc are not necesary for normal UK use. They say that after the 1000 mile service, it should only be necessary to carry out a service at 9000/10000 miles or every year - whichever comes first.
Old 31 March 2006, 03:20 PM
comic cuts
Scooby Regular

Location: Holder of six fairy tokens, from the land of green ginger

Originally Posted by tim's wrx
For information: for Malta imports, Subaru Malta say that their service regime reflects the conditions in Malta where much of the use will be for short trips etc. Subaru Malta confirm that for normal UK use the intermediate services shown in the Malta service and warranty booklet at 3000 miles, 14,000 miles, 24,000 miles, 33,000 miles etc are not necesary for normal UK use. They say that after the 1000 mile service, it should only be necessary to carry out a service at 9000/10000 miles or every year - whichever comes first.
Err on the side of safety.....get it in writing from Malta!

I have heard of owners waiting months for Malta to give go ahead for warranty work! If the services carried out don't match their service book requirements then I would want proof from them that it is permissible to vary their service conditions!

CC
Old 31 March 2006, 03:39 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Good advice. This was the content of email I got from Subaru Malta:-

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...ighlight=liaco