Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

scooby newbie needs a few answers..:)

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2005, 05:06 PM
furrydice79
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scooby newbie needs a few answers..:)

Hi everyone, newbie here, Paid the deposit last week,paid the insurance this week and all going well picking up the my05 sti next week, i really cant wait, ive dreamed of havin a subaru for years and now its really gonna happen, im gettin a MY05 sti (eu import), was confused about what colour to get but ive now settled with crystal grey,

I know this has been talked about in great detail recently but i have heard so many different storys about running in period,,is it the same for an EU import. any info from anyone who has bought an EU import and how they have driven the first 1k would be gratefully appreciated.

oh and one more thing, my car will have the gold wheels as standard but ive been thinking about changing the colour to maybe matt black or something like that,if anyone has a crystal grey with non-gold wheels pls post a photo to help me decide.(oh no ive not even picked the car up and already im thinkin mods,,whatever next,,eerrrmm PPP!!! hehe
many thanks people
Old 25 February 2005, 07:25 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum mate.

EU import will be the same running in procedure as UK cars.

Bob
Old 25 February 2005, 07:35 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they still need to register cars with IM if they are eu imports?
EU imports..... is this from Motor point? if so ensure its up to uk spec (A-DCCD etc) otherwise refuse it.
Ensure you get all the documentation with it (eu conformity certificate) and take note that fitting the PPP to the car will invalidate the warranty (unless fitted in country of origin). Any remap will also invalidate the warranty (pan european) so you need to take note..... possably the biggest downside to a eu import, i know ive owned one, mine had the ppp fitted but the warranty was up by then so i wasnt bothered
Wheels..... you may need to find a speciallist who can respray them for you, or go for the 18 inch PFF type alloys, you will find an accessories catalogue at your local subaru franchise

Tony
Old 25 February 2005, 07:42 PM
furrydice79
Scooby Regular

thanks for the info tony,,,the car is from alliance imports,,,i was given the choice of having a uk spec EU import with or without DCCD, after consideration i chose to go for the one without, and ill look into the wheel choice but i know a guy who can refurb the wheels for 40 pound per wheel,,this would save me money as i wouldnt need new tyres..and regards to the PPP ,,,maybe it would take me 3 years to get bored with the car and then when the warranty expires i will get PPP,,,thanks again ,,,billy
Old 25 February 2005, 07:57 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honest truth, you should have got the A-DCCD, it makes a world of difference to the car, really does (quick can you change?! )

Tony
Old 25 February 2005, 10:49 PM
furrydice79
Scooby Regular

well i was seriously considering the dccd but i just get the feeling that once i get used to the way the car handles as it is i wouldnt want to change anything to give me a bigger chance of losing it on a bend, and isnt it more of a big deal maybe if you are using the car for track days which i certainly will not..what would be your reasons for having it....
billy.........