ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

STI PPP To WRX Wagon have you ?

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2005, 04:02 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI PPP To WRX Wagon have you ?

Seriously considering chopping the MY04 STI PPP for a new WRX wagon , you might think I am mad , but the STI,s harsh ride, lack of practability , and attracting to much attention is getting to me now , hardly gets used (2k miles in three months ) the wife's Polo get's used more and we just feel there is to much money standing in the drive doing nothing , also would like better mpg lower insurance costs and the 3 years free servicing sounds good and It woudn't attract the chavs as much , plus it might actually get used !

any thoughts , comments , opinions
Old 22 February 2005, 06:25 PM
mattdoyle
Scooby Regular

Location: From Outback 2 classic wagon 2 newage wagon 2 Legy TT 2 classic 2 newage STi
Default Wagons

Originally Posted by kbsub
Seriously considering chopping the MY04 STI PPP for a new WRX wagon , you might think I am mad , but the STI,s harsh ride, lack of practability , and attracting to much attention is getting to me now , hardly gets used (2k miles in three months ) the wife's Polo get's used more and we just feel there is to much money standing in the drive doing nothing , also would like better mpg lower insurance costs and the 3 years free servicing sounds good and It woudn't attract the chavs as much , plus it might actually get used !

any thoughts , comments , opinions
Im on my second wagon, previous a classic, new one an 04 in black.
I dont think you can fault them, give you everything a saloon can but without the 'in your face' that attracts the lowlife.
Add the PPPor similar and its up to 265, and above.
What else can take the 3 kids and dog and still scalp boxster's.

Just my opinion.
Old 22 February 2005, 06:40 PM
rsalmon
Scooby Newbie

could have gone for STI myself, but went for WRX saloon on "practicality of ownership" grounds. will go PPP after 5k miles/6mths and this must be close to performance of STI out on the road, OK handling not as good.

go for what's right for the situation.

and I'm not bitter I missed the free servicing by 2 mths, honest
Old 24 February 2005, 02:00 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Have just bought wrx 5dr with ppp, you won't save nothing on fuel or insurance, but it's a much smoother ride than the sti (my02) the power is much smoother, but you don't get the kick at 3500-4000rpm like the sti, and the steering is not quite so responsive. On the plus side you won't have kids shouting at you all day, and saxo's trying to race you all night, plus i get my two dog's and shopping etc etc... in the back so it's Mr sensible all day, then go and have some fun at the weekends, all in one car,you can't lose! Oh p.s it's a much quieter and more relaxing motorway car than the sti.
Old 24 February 2005, 02:40 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replys lads , more or less confirmed what I thought and going for a test drive on Saturday afternoon , but come September wife will be taking kids to school and picking em up (two trips = 32 miles ) and I have a 32 miles commute to work ( at nights ) so 60 odd miles a day its looking like a oil burner , probably Golf TDI or similar
Old 24 February 2005, 03:30 PM
gso
Scooby Regular

i wanted a wagon over a saloon