Sponsored by:

Police stopping Scooby's (surrey)

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2005, 07:56 PM
posho2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Police stopping Scooby's (surrey)

Police in the Epsom, surrey area are stopping and warning scooby owner's to hide there keys in a good place when at home as quite a few cars have been stolen from houses since the new year, and used in serious crime's.

So if you do see some flashing lights in your mirror and you were'nt being naughty or heavy right footed, breathe a sigh of relief and just nod!!!!!!!!!

Im keeping mine round my neck...................
Old 20 February 2005, 08:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, lets all **** our nappies once again!!

For 5 years I've heard these doom and gloom stories and it pisses me right off!!

There are people on here who crap themselves nightly because of them!!

Pete
Old 20 February 2005, 08:37 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

For 5 years I've heard these doom and gloom stories and it pisses me right off!!

Pete
Pete

Thought it was just incontinence, brought on by old age

Ajax
Old 20 February 2005, 08:43 PM
richie rich
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

agree mate , leave the worrying to dog ... ta richie.... or wife

Pete
Old 20 February 2005, 09:10 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

I crap myself nightly laughing in my smug safe castle in South Germany I'll keep my keys wherever I like thanks ...sorry, must go the loo now!!!
Old 21 February 2005, 04:18 AM
IanW
Scooby Regular

A few more details can be found on the Surrey Police Website :-

http://www.surrey.police.uk/news_ite...5352&division=
Old 21 February 2005, 06:13 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

****'s, you can never be too carefull !!!
Old 21 February 2005, 07:16 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Thank you Thames Valley Police
Old 21 February 2005, 08:04 AM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

Angry

No mention of catching the tw*ts that committ the crimes though, guess it's easier to make sure that we keep our keys safe.
Old 21 February 2005, 08:52 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

What a wonderfull piece of advise from the police!!! now instead of the thiefs breaking in stealing the keys and leaving, they now break in can't find them so go upstairs and kick the living **** out of you until you hand em over!!!!! excellent, well thought out strategy and advice from the Surrey police there!! oh well at least it will keep casualty busy.

By the way mr thief my keys are in my coat pocket hanging on teh dinning room chair and the car is in the garage downstairs unlocked.

Last edited by Wurzel; 21 February 2005 at 08:54 AM.
Old 21 February 2005, 09:16 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

as above.....always kept my keys hanging in the hall....and very visible before going upstairs.
Old 21 February 2005, 09:21 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Wurz,
I think your safe m8. You're a bit far away for the average Surrey chav to car jack you..
Old 21 February 2005, 09:57 AM
scooterboy
Scooby Regular

Try keeping a baseball bat next to the bed .Then **** em with it you will do everyone a favour .
Old 21 February 2005, 07:39 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooterboy
Try keeping a baseball bat next to the bed .Then **** em with it you will do everyone a favour .
Yeah, right, then they take it off you and beat the living crap out of you!!

Lets all poop our nappies, the baddies are a'comin' to get us!! Blubber, Blubber!!

Pete
Old 21 February 2005, 07:58 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Lets all poop our nappies, the baddies are a'comin' to get us!! Blubber, Blubber!!

Pete
An immature comment which ill befits your claimed maturity.
Old 21 February 2005, 10:52 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Old 22 February 2005, 12:12 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Vegescoob
An immature comment which ill befits your claimed maturity.
He does tend to take the ****, and this situation has been done a thousand times before. Some people do worry about this sort of thing reading this, but I personally think it's not a real issue that's going to happen to us statistically.

I've got 2 RB5s and a Legacy Turbo parked 'outside' my house, and do I sleep well in bed at night. Yes, because they are cars and can easily be replaced. All insured, and the car keys are normally well close to the door. If someone wants it that bad they will have it anyway, so why make it difficult.

It's just a car....However, I can see me getting well stroppy 'If' I find someone in my house, and have provisioned for this 'If the situations should happen.

Just enjoy the car for gods sake

Phill
Old 22 February 2005, 06:10 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

read the other thread "scooby robbed in liverpool" 3 guy's, gun ? f*cking tw*ts , UK should be like the state's we should have the right to bear arm's and shoot the b*sta*d's in the face!!!!!!
Old 22 February 2005, 09:49 AM
sociopath
BANNED

Thumbs down

Funny that. Out of the 4 times I have been stopped by the police for no good reason 3 of them have resulted in "7 day wonders" oh and all 4 of them involved the filth talking down to me.

Doesn't matter either way because no one is getting my keys. I'm with scooterboy, they want the keys then they can bleed for 'em.
Old 22 February 2005, 10:01 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I hope I never get tugged over for this on a bad day.

I may just speak my mind.....

Hide my key's officer? Oh right so now the burgler can kick the living crap out of me, stab me, Threaten my wife and kids or kill me to try find where the keys are? And then wait for you lot to turn up an hour later to tell me to hide my keys in future? If they want the car that badly, they can have the POS

This is not a cure to the problem. It's mearly some crap blurted out of the **** from somebody higher in the chain of command who doesn't seem to concieve that no criminals = no crime.
Old 22 February 2005, 10:33 AM
G_Sleigh_STi
Scooby Regular

Keep the keyfob and the keys seperate. Then even if they got the key they cant ****ing well go anywhere cause they cant de-activate the security.

I swear the best thing about my old car was having it dehandled... Its confused criminals many times! They just walk away when they get confused! LOL.
Old 22 February 2005, 01:23 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

So 16 Subarus get stolen in 6 months and we're asked to hide our keys?

Obviously I cannot tell from this if there is any investigation going on, but it's not sending the right "we're fighting crime on your behalf" message out there.

What's the betting that more members of the public are stopped and their cars given a good going over and taken to issue on a minor infringement than the actual number of theives driving around in one of those stolen cars being stopped?

Now wouldn't a better use of resourses have been for the DVLA to issue a warning note to all owners of Subarus in the North Surrey area warning about this? Better coverage, more consise, accurate and consistent message and better use of police time.

EDIT: I just read this part

"almost half of the offences occurred in Spelthorne borough" now in the old films a sting would have been setup using a real obvious target - a tasty looking Impreza in Spelthorne, but I guess the films are fantasy and it never happens in rear life.

Last edited by Miniman; 22 February 2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 22 February 2005, 01:38 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Question

Where the hell is Spelthorne? Never heard if it
Old 22 February 2005, 04:00 PM
scooterboy
Scooby Regular

Pete
That maybe what you would do any one comes in my house gets it.
Old 22 February 2005, 04:15 PM
MidLifeCrisisII
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Why would anyone want to nick a scoob anyway?

I thought they were all slow and the thieves would stick to Clio Sports and cars that are faster in the real world anyway, after all 0-60 blah, blah, turbo this blah. Family runabout thinks its a rally car - yawn.

feelin jaded

Perhaps fitting an aftermarket madmax style explosive device ;-)

Last edited by MidLifeCrisisII; 22 February 2005 at 04:36 PM.
Old 22 February 2005, 05:37 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooterboy
That maybe what you would do any one comes in my house gets it.
Yeah, right, I'm sure the thugs knees are a'wobblin'

Faced with it, in real life (not on your Playstation), you would poop your nappy!

Pete
Old 22 February 2005, 07:22 PM
Jason Knowles
Scooby Regular

You cant get near my house without my Bull Terrier getting very noisy,I think a dog is one of the best detterants you can get.Even if it only wakes you up atleast you stand half a chance.I sleep safe at night knowing its on patrol downstairs,one look at 5 stone of teeth and Im sure they would pick an easier target. JASON
Old 22 February 2005, 07:52 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I've met and dealt with a lot of these car criminals, gotta say 90% are 14-15 year old idiots about 7 stones dripping wet!! If they want to come into my house for my keys, bring it! 2 large 'wolves', me, my martial arts equipment and finally my missus, (yes!) Still fancy it!

Common Law, Pace and the Criminal Justice Act provision for self defence providing it is proportionate to the threat, i'll go all the way to protect my family if need be. How do you know they want the car? How do you know they'll leave it at that? Thats my feeling and i know how i'll react, not playstation playing bravado but cold fact. Car jacking is different, you know what they want and they are already willing to go that extra step and drag you out of the car, walk away and let them have it.

The advice given is to cut down on the opportunist thief, the ****** walking along who sees your keys on the side through your glass front door and nips in to take them. Thats what the advice refers too surely. If people start 'hiding' the keys i bet the incidence of this crime would drop dramatically. No-one is saying a big bad man won't come to your house and 'ask' for the keys, it happens, but thankfully quite rarely. I don't know many 6 foot monster car thieves, burglars, there are some and this crime does happen (kept quiet about the Liverpool job, awful) but for gods sake with a bit of common sense we can stop this.

As for

'No mention of catching the tw*ts that committ the crimes though, guess it's easier to make sure that we keep our keys safe.'

Yes. It is. Stop it happening in the first place, its called proactive policing instead of reactive policing and is something we like to do now and again.

Now we're taking crap for not detecting crimes that haven't even happened yet!!!
Old 22 February 2005, 08:01 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Chris ...... we are not talking the 15 year old who busts into your house with a gang are we????

NO, we are talking hardened criminals who can 'earn' £10k for a nights work!! They want the money, not the car ..... the car is a means to the money ......

These are the ones I am saying do NOT attempt to take on!!!!

A 14 year old will wet himself if confronted ...........

Pete
Old 22 February 2005, 08:16 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

Pete,

I'll have it, if a gang of hardened criminals burst into your house and you see fit, give them the keys. All i was saying was the general sense of the thread was , 'we'll put keys near doors to stop bad men coming in' when 99% of the time its not bad men but snotty scumbags who take your pride and joy and crash it into the nearest fence!

Just think the attitude is wrong, blame someone else and roll over with head in sand (?) instead of thinking and doing something simple to stop things happening!

Transfer it too something else, fire brigade gives advice, 'don't put chip pans on high heat as it might set on fire', Scoobynet the next day, 'I'll put my chip pan as high as i want, if it happens it happens. Oh and why aren't the brigade out there stopping this before it happens!!!'

I can name the hardened crims in Manchester who will break into your house knowing you are there to get your keys on a couple of hands, its generally the same ones do most of the jobs. Thats the problem, people begin to think there's thousands when thers not!

Quick Reply: Police stopping Scooby's (surrey)