Where else to advertise my car?

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2005, 11:47 AM
Mat Mc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where else to advertise my car?

Hi Guys

I have been trying to sell my '02 WRX for over a month now and I can't believe I have had no interest! I won't post all the details on here as it's in the "General" for sale section.

I have put it in: -

Anglia Autotrader inc (Top Marques and website)
Scoobynet
SIDC

I started at £13500 (A tad optimistic but it is in excellent cond!) and have now just dropped it to £12000. I was offered £13000 trade in at a main dealer in September but advised to sell it private as I would make more money! What has happened to the market?

I have had one private caller who just asked me what the tyres were like.

All I seem to get is endless calls from selling agencies and poorly spelt emails offering me the usual "I am Prince Jaffi Jofer ruler of Zamunda and I would like to buy your car....."

Am I ever going to sell it?

Where else should I advertise it?
Old 20 February 2005, 01:10 PM
scooby-zeus28
Scooby Regular

mate i tried 2 sell my classic shape for ages the car was mint had the same propblem as u. Couldent get wat i wanted in the end i sold it 2 a dealer for a lot less guess wat he sold it in 2 days 4 alot more
Old 21 February 2005, 12:11 PM
RESSE
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Mat

I managed to sell my STi RA in the Midlands Autotrader on the Sunday after publication on the previous Friday - and had loads of calls since.

Had a few interested parties on Scoobynet but no joy.

Have you thought about putting an advertisement in the back of Japanese Performance Magazine - private adds are free, and it covers the whole country + you get to place a decent sized photograph.

Best of luck with the sale - perserve and you will get a buyer.

Richard
Old 21 February 2005, 12:13 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Ebay...wouldnt use anything else now.
Old 21 February 2005, 04:45 PM
Sizer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
Ebay...wouldnt use anything else now.
Not the best time to be selling cars, ive struggled selling a few lately and ended up looking at various part ex deals to finally get what I wanted.

I now have a scoob, some cash and 2 FTOs to sell....lol....but i'd go with the ebay suggestion, perhaps advertise it as "car for sale, may take part ex or swap for ******, cash either way" etc....

Worked for me although its a bit more hassle but at least you do get interest. I got offered approx 20 odd deals on my skyline.
Old 21 February 2005, 07:35 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

Smile

Funny this, I was just about to post exact same thread!! Looked at E bay and there ae quite a lot of Scoobs for sale at minute though. I think the big problem for me is that mines a UK version. Put a same year import with same mileage next to it and the import seems to be at least 1,500 cheaper than mine with all sorts of bells and whistles!!! I'm just hoping for someone who appreciates the marque and understands what a classic MY97 with Prodrive upgrade is compared to a MY07 350BHP (!!!) flying machine with top end sanyo DVD Navigation system and every extra concievalble! (Does that include fire extinguisher for when it goes pop?)

P.S Anybody want to buy a scoob?

Last edited by Chris5-0; 21 February 2005 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling!!
Old 22 February 2005, 10:09 PM
Mat Mc
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply's

I have re-advertised in the Autotrader & Top Marques so I will just have to wait and see I suppose. My local dealer has one the same as mine in for £14995!

Why do I never seem to come across 'giveaways' when I'm after something!

I'l bare the Midlands Autotrader in mind if I don't get any joy in the next couple of weeks.

Matt