Sponsored by:

Argument with a concrete post

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2005, 04:02 PM
ScoobyDraven
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Argument with a concrete post

In my haste to turn the car round last night in what is an unfeasibly small space outside my house I managed to scrape the nearside corner of the rear bumper on a concrete fence post.

Whereas this now matches the scrape on the nearside front bumper (!) I've never been one for symmetry so I need a recommendation of a good mobile repairer in the Nottingham/Derby area, does anyone have one?

ChipsAway are the favourites at the moment but only because they have gone to the trouble of building a website whereas none of the other local ones seem to have bothered.
Old 18 February 2005, 04:44 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

If they are big scrapes then maybe a full respray of both bumpers would be better. www.scoobyclinic.com would be IRO £100 per bumper, 3 coats and lacquered. Top guys who'll do a top job

Chesterfield ain't too far from you either.
Old 18 February 2005, 05:56 PM
ScoobyDraven
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
If they are big scrapes then maybe a full respray of both bumpers would be better. www.scoobyclinic.com would be IRO £100 per bumper, 3 coats and lacquered. Top guys who'll do a top job

Chesterfield ain't too far from you either.

Thanks Corradoboy. They are relatively minor scrapes (although with the mood I was in last night you would have thought it was a write off!) just taken the paint off and very slightly gouged out some plastic which is why I was hoping for a quick mobile repair. I'll definately bear Scoobyclinic in mind though.
Old 18 February 2005, 06:05 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Not sure about Chips Away quality (although prob down to operator), 4 attempts to match my silver to blow in a scuffed bumper, finishe was dull and within a few months paint is starting to flake off, I'll be going for a full bumper paint soon!
Old 18 February 2005, 07:59 PM
animal-z
Scooby Regular

hi
try the company i work for, (the scratch repair company) im sure the derby area is covered by matt, were using a new laquer now which is far superior to any of the 1k laquers that the majority of mobile repair companies use, the website is www.scratchrepairs.co.uk or the freephone number is : 0800 068 0238
animal
Old 18 February 2005, 08:14 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDraven
In my haste to turn the car round last night in what is an unfeasibly small space outside my house I managed to scrape the nearside corner of the rear bumper on a concrete fence post.

Whereas this now matches the scrape on the nearside front bumper (!) I've never been one for symmetry so I need a recommendation of a good mobile repairer in the Nottingham/Derby area, does anyone have one?

ChipsAway are the favourites at the moment but only because they have gone to the trouble of building a website whereas none of the other local ones seem to have bothered.
I had chips away to do a nasty scrape on a previous car. The quality was excellent. I suppose it could all come down to the operator in your area.
Old 19 February 2005, 11:35 AM
ScoobyDraven
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the input, I shall take it on board and make a decision.