What to do!!

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2005, 02:16 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do!!

Don't know what to do!!

Love the scooby (STI8 with mods) but long journeys which I do often as my girlfriend lives up Liverpool way (am from London South East) are not to comfortable, and the scoob eats a lot of petrol as well, plus racking up a load of miles.

The question I am faced with is that I have decided my next car is to be a luxurious convertible so what to do??

Do I:

Sell the scoob, pocket the money and then use some of it to buy a new car

Keep the scoob and finish it e.g. Alloys and suspension for about 2K.

If I sell then:

BMW M3 Cab, A4 Cab, or any other ideas.

If I keep then:

Am I going to be wanting to sell come later this year, and if so will I be losing money.

I love the car don't get me wrong and know I will miss the power of it if I go for something economical such as diesel convertible etc.

Couple of things to think about also I have no major commitments so could sell and get a lotus elise type car as I don't need a practical car at present???

HELP!!!
Old 16 February 2005, 02:32 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

If you're deffo going to sell it later this year then why bother with the alloys and suspension? You'd only lose even more money when you come to sell it

Edited to say: Dur I read that last bit wrong...... you may or may not want to sell it later in the year but if you think you might then you'd be wasting your money... as above....

Last edited by T4molie; 16 February 2005 at 03:33 PM.
Old 16 February 2005, 02:46 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

if your thinking of a diesel converatble.. then you've probably got the wrong car now and you'd be happier with a A4 Cab diesel!
IMO
Old 16 February 2005, 03:45 PM
lem0ncurd
Scooby Regular

I was in the same situation as you last year.

I had several years of rally reps (P1 & 2 Evos) and decided that I wanted something fast, but more suited to long distance and motorways.

I sold my 2nd Evo in July and bought an M3 Cab. Great I thought, smooth, quiet and fast - result I thought..

6 months down the line and I am bored to death and longing to be in a Scoob/Evo again. There's just no pleasure in driving the M3, it's boring tbh. It's prob. not much slower than the Evo, but it's so refined that it feels slower. And the grip levels aren't as physics defying as they were in the Evo or P1. Overall, the M3 just doesn't have the grin factor of the JapCrap and the superior build quality soon becomes insignificant.

I'm getting a 05 JDM STI as soon as possible!

LC.
Old 16 February 2005, 04:29 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the feedback.

Think I may sort the suspension and Wheels out, but once I have gone through a bit more rubber, only recently changed them on the 17's.

Dare say when I get the involving suspension all will be fine, and it will feel exciting again.

Don't you fellow scooby drivers crave a bit of luxury.

Is the M3 really that bad, just thinking about the nice roof top feeling of scooby performance

Was looking at the new 6 series convertible the other day very nice!!
Old 19 February 2005, 07:54 AM
Deano_RA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI @ 21
Don't you fellow scooby drivers crave a bit of luxury.
Got rid of my WRX RA not so long ago and bought an A4 Cab and it's the best thing I did. Mine's a 1.8 T rather than the TDI but it still returns me 30 odd to the galon driving reasonably steady.

Don't get me wrong I loved the Subaru for blasting about in but for longish runs it was just a nightmare.
Old 19 February 2005, 09:16 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy and run a runabout, thats what most other people do

Tony

PS, for longer journeys, you really want something like a mondeo that will just chew the miles up.