Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPP guaranteed?

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2000, 12:20 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had a PPP fitted to my UK MY00 from new (june in fact). It's done 3500 miles now and I'm tempted to stick it on a dyno to find out whether bhp/torque figures are what they should be.

If they are low (I've not driven a normal UK turbo or an STi so have no yardstick), do I have any comeback with prodrive?

Not that I'm trying to be picky or anything, but for 2K I imagine a lot of you wondered the same thing?

Old 23 August 2000, 04:29 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Fosters/
I would not worry if I was you I hear the MY99-00 PPP is very good.
If you are going on a RR and think your power is to low, you will have to fit your std ECU and parts and have another run. This is what I done with my MY98 and Prodrive refunded all my money. The MY98 PPP was not very good.
Old 23 August 2000, 07:40 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Hi Fosters. Take a test drive in a standard car for comparison. There's a huge difference. I've got a PPP on my MY00 which I had fitted at about 5,000 miles. It's worth every penny.

The car is dramatically faster, especially at the low rev end, and also pulls a few more revs at the top, too. The dyno curves I've seen show a big bulge in the mid-range. The sound when you floor it is fabulous.

If you're not happy with yours I'm surprised as the PPP for MY99/00 is generally reckoned to be ding dong (if pricey). Remember that it's optimised for 98 octane so I always run 97 octane SUL plus Millers Octane Plus to guarantee at least 98 octane as a minimum. It makes a difference you can feel and is easily measured with a stop-watch, too.

If you change from standard unleaded to Super don't forget the initiation procedure before making comparisons. Some people say you need to reset the ECU but the way I do it is quite easy and definitely works (more details on the SIDC site).

After a few miles to get the new fuel in, find some safe road and run at full throttle for about 20 seconds in the same gear, going right from tickover to the red line. Try third gear, and use lots of left foot brake! Be careful! Then run it flat out right through the gears a few times. Your engine will now be running sweeter, and with better power plus improved economy.

Hoppy