Air Freshner eat my dash

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2005, 04:26 PM
cmot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Freshner eat my dash

Help ,
Got in the car today, and it smelt very very fragrant ,in fact more like a perfume counter in Boots,tarts bedroom etc, the airfreshner had leaked over the heater controls and "melted" the panel and dash ,I have cleaned as best I could ,what the hell is this stuff made off !!!, if it eats plastic should it even be in a car !,what can I use to fix this and where can I buy replacements ,cars a 95 wrx import wagon with a very pleasent smelling interior and how do get rid of the stench now it's eyewatering !!!!!!!!!
Old 05 February 2005, 04:30 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cmot
Help ,
Got in the car today, and it smelt very very fragrant ,in fact more like a perfume counter in Boots,tarts bedroom etc, the airfreshner had leaked over the heater controls and "melted" the panel and dash ,I have cleaned as best I could ,what the hell is this stuff made off !!!, if it eats plastic should it even be in a car !,what can I use to fix this and where can I buy replacements ,cars a 95 wrx import wagon with a very pleasent smelling interior and how do get rid of the stench now it's eyewatering !!!!!!!!!
I think you will find there is a warning on these products about keeping same away from plastic.
Old 05 February 2005, 04:32 PM
Rokay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cmot
Help ,what can I use to fix this and where can I buy replacements ,cars a 95 wrx import wagon with a very pleasent smelling interior
Give Grade A Subaru breakers a ring. There breaking cars all the time so i don't think it will be long until you can replace the damaged parts.

Chips Away may well be able to do a local repair on your damaged trim. Just depends how bad the freshner has eaten into the panel.
Old 05 February 2005, 04:45 PM
cmot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rokay
Give Grade A Subaru breakers a ring. There breaking cars all the time so i don't think it will be long until you can replace the damaged parts.

Chips Away may well be able to do a local repair on your damaged trim. Just depends how bad the freshner has eaten into the panel.
Thanks I'll give Grade A a call on Monday
Old 05 February 2005, 04:57 PM
Rokay
Scooby Regular

Mate i see the Chips Away link is not working. Not sure whats going on there.