Sponsored by:

advice

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2005, 05:10 PM
W 12 X T C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice

sorry in advance if this seems like a stupid question. but i am going away for a couple of weeks. i don't trust any of my mates to JUST keep the battery charged. you know what it is like if it does not belong to you and all that. same thing goes for hire cars.
anyway should it be alright for that long without being run. i am mainly thinking that if the battery goes flat it might set the alarm off and annoy the neighbours. do you think it would be wise to put a trickle charger on it. or should it be alright for such a short time.
thanks in advance
bryan
Old 02 February 2005, 05:51 PM
eric Scofield
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by W 12 X T C
sorry in advance if this seems like a stupid question. but i am going away for a couple of weeks. i don't trust any of my mates to JUST keep the battery charged. you know what it is like if it does not belong to you and all that. same thing goes for hire cars.
anyway should it be alright for that long without being run. i am mainly thinking that if the battery goes flat it might set the alarm off and annoy the neighbours. do you think it would be wise to put a trickle charger on it. or should it be alright for such a short time.
thanks in advance
bryan
Left my MY02 WRX for 3 weeks and it started first flick of the key .. brakes has ceased a bit tho ...
Old 03 February 2005, 08:13 AM
ShyTot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by W 12 X T C
thanks in advance
bryan
Yes I would. Mine would never last 2 weeks
Old 03 February 2005, 09:06 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

2 weeks away in summer or winter results in a flat battery for me (MY02 WRX). I am prepared now with a trickle charger for this years holiday.
Old 03 February 2005, 10:04 AM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

My MY93 was left for 2 months until last weekend. Started first time without a hint of battery degradation despite alarm being on

Edited: Just noticed you have an 03 Sti which is definitely not the same thing and likely to go flat. Older ones are obviously just better

Last edited by rossyboy; 03 February 2005 at 10:07 AM.