1st service yesterday & time for new BB

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2005, 10:26 PM
STi_Bob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st service yesterday & time for new BB

Hi people!

I am posting this again because I posted it in the Drivetrain section yesterday and haven't had any response.....

....so just thought I'd let you know that I had my 1st service yesterday where I supplied the oil for a grand total of.... wait for it..... £5.28. What a JOKE!!! Especially as I was quoted £75 over the phone if I was to use their oil!!! Anyway I was glad to hand over the cash and get out of there!

Whilst there, I asked whether or not a new backbox would void my warranty. The service manager basically said that unless fitting a backbox had a direct effect on anything, there would be no problems with the warranty, e.g. if they engine blew up, it would hardly be the fault of the backbox, and if they do get fussy about it, just change it back to the original - only a 30 minute job!

So my next plan is to buy a backbox. I have seen the one I want - its a Scoobysport 4 1/2" jap style slash cut .....BUT.... I only want it if it sticks out flush with the rear bumper i.e. not an angled exit. Would any of you who have this let me know. I have seen the pics of Scooby-k's but can't work out if it is sticking out at an angle or if its in line with the car. WOuld you let me know please!!!!
Old 02 January 2005, 01:37 AM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bob the back box comes out straight. the slash cut is from top to bottom
ken