Sponsored by:

A******E company car drivers!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2004, 12:19 AM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry A******E company car drivers!!!!!

Are all company car drivers A*****E'S? As usual up me a**e, cutting in front, pulling out, driving like proper muppets. You know who you are. OOOOOOHH i can feel my rage coming on. Maybe if these plums had to maintain their cars, like real people, they woud'nt act like the P****S they are.Oh sorry i took the side out of your pride and joy,heres the company insurance details, oh and of course i have'nt got your £500 excess....Maybe if they had to pay a hefty excess they wouldn't drive like C***S. Tantrum over i'm off to milk the horse... MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL( bar company car drivers).
Old 24 December 2004, 12:52 AM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No.

I drive a company car - the Scooby which just so happens to be my pride and joy.

What is it about the cars in question that makes you so certain they're company cars anyway?!
Old 24 December 2004, 12:58 AM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by kelvin
No.

I drive a company car - the Scooby which just so happens to be my pride and joy.

What is it about the cars in question that makes you so certain they're company cars anyway?!
Suits, ties, mondeo's(diesel), vectra(diesel),passat(diesel),golf(DIESEL), plus my brother in law (ace bloke) company car driver has explained all of there ethics. i/e we dont own it so abuse it.
Old 24 December 2004, 09:27 AM
Elliot
Scooby Regular

Not true to be honest mate, I have a company car and like a lot of businesses the budget that I get to spend on a new car at renewal time is linked to the condition in which it has kept and how much has had to be spent on it during ownership of the car (costs for accidental damage and stuff, not run of the mill servicing).

So actually the better I look after it, the nicer car I can end up with next time round. In truth I reckon it gets cleaned more than my Scoob and driven a hell of a lot better ! It's a lot easier too if you have to explain to your other half that you have had an accident in your own car than phoning the boss to tell him it has happened in his.

How I drive my company car reflects upon me and my company, if I drive like an idiot and someone who knows me sees it then its bad news.

So really it's best not to make sweeping statements like this unless you know the facts

El
Old 24 December 2004, 10:22 AM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Elliot
Not true to be honest mate, I have a company car and like a lot of businesses the budget that I get to spend on a new car at renewal time is linked to the condition in which it has kept and how much has had to be spent on it during ownership of the car (costs for accidental damage and stuff, not run of the mill servicing).

So actually the better I look after it, the nicer car I can end up with next time round. In truth I reckon it gets cleaned more than my Scoob and driven a hell of a lot better ! It's a lot easier too if you have to explain to your other half that you have had an accident in your own car than phoning the boss to tell him it has happened in his.

How I drive my company car reflects upon me and my company, if I drive like an idiot and someone who knows me sees it then its bad news.

So really it's best not to make sweeping statements like this unless you know the facts

El
Well i must have hit a nerve, somewhere along the way. Or you must be one in a minority. Because if it's not some company, diesel, driver stuck up behind,you; then its some CHAV muppet in his no so hot hatch!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS..
Old 24 December 2004, 10:27 AM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

I drive a company car and yes I do drive like a complete tw@t!! But then I always have done. I do treat the car better than the girlfriend though (mainly because I spend more time inside it - so to speak).

Frenchboy (03WRXPPP - company car)
Old 24 December 2004, 10:28 AM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

When I had a company car my excess was £800 and that was 6 years ago. 2 friends of mine still have CC's and they have to pay an excess of £1000!!!

These people will drive like pr*cks no matter what they drive, hopefully they won't kill someone along the way.

Pity the Police only book speeding motorists, not dangerous drivers.

Last edited by DJ140; 24 December 2004 at 10:31 AM.
Old 24 December 2004, 11:42 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Company car drivers are in the same situation as truck drivers. They do a huge amount of mileage, are under pressure to deliver on time and they have to deal with all the other arseholes on the road too.
Think about it, if you spent 12 hours a day putting up with all the other w@nkers on the motorway, you'd be a miserable git too.
This is half the reason why I opted out of the company car scheme and bought a scooby, at least then when some idiot pulls in front and I have to drop the anchors, I can get back up to speed with very little time lost. (except for when I get rear ended in doing so, of course) You can't do that in a diesel Golf.
Oh, and I had £500 excess, docked from wages, if I had a bump in the company car.
Old 24 December 2004, 11:44 AM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Used to have a CC to, didnt abuse it. Its down to the individual and how they drive generally. Old habits etc.
Servicing wise, they have to be serviced reg, or you get it in the nads from your fleet admin. BUT........I reckon the garages do run of the mill stuff "ah its only another fleet car.It dont matter too much" .
Fitted some brake pads for me once and forgot to do something ...made a horrible graunchy noise when i went to drive off even after I left it with them all day..went back at 5 and they hadnt done it, so was a rush job...FFS
Old 24 December 2004, 12:00 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by DJ140
When I had a company car my excess was £800 and that was 6 years ago. 2 friends of mine still have CC's and they have to pay an excess of £1000!!!

These people will drive like pr*cks no matter what they drive, hopefully they won't kill someone along the way.

Pity the Police only book speeding motorists, not dangerous drivers.
Very true, a good point.It would be too easy though. Also 2 weeks ago at one in the morning, a blue pug 307, shot straight through a stop sign, and nearly took the front of my sisters car out. It then proceeded to hurtle up the road,and come to a sudden stop, in the left hand lane of a dual carriageway. But indicating to make a right turn. My sister pulld up behind beeped her horn, flashed her lights and held her arms up in disbelief. The doors of the pug flew open and thought, here we go!!!! Guess what? OLD BILL. They came over mouthing off, even when my sister and i pointed out his driving skills, he then told us to shut our mouths or (yep, you guessed it) i'll nick you.He then turned too walk away when i asked for his badge number, he replied would you like me to call for back-up. So we did not persue it. No breath test, no producer, just loads of abuse. If it wasn't true, you couldn't make it up.So i probably should have started the thread with that instead.So apple-juice's if i have offended any good cc drivers and throllocks to those who know who they are...
Old 24 December 2004, 12:21 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

So I assume you took down his number plate, and the date and time, and went to the Police Complaints Comission.
Old 24 December 2004, 04:55 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lum
So I assume you took down his number plate, and the date and time, and went to the Police Complaints Comission.
Reported it to solihull, police station. Where the officer on the desk gave me a blank look, and said i should have reported it at the time, not the time i did. As it was an unmarked car, it is used as a pool car and might not be logged onto anyone at the time. i/e they could have been going to get fish and chips(what!!! at that time of the morning) etc... But we will look into it.He couldn't even look me in the face, the numpty.Still, as they say what goes round comes round.
Old 25 December 2004, 02:05 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
Reported it to solihull, police station. Where the officer on the desk gave me a blank look, and said i should have reported it at the time, not the time i did. As it was an unmarked car, it is used as a pool car and might not be logged onto anyone at the time. i/e they could have been going to get fish and chips(what!!! at that time of the morning) etc... But we will look into it.He couldn't even look me in the face, the numpty.Still, as they say what goes round comes round.
I still say go to the PCC. Clearly the response from the police was unsatifactory.

You could try a letter to the Chief Constable first though.
Old 25 December 2004, 12:57 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lum
I still say go to the PCC. Clearly the response from the police was unsatifactory.

You could try a letter to the Chief Constable first though.
I will do that and let you know how i get on, MERRY CHRISTMAS lum, webby..
Old 25 December 2004, 06:33 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
Are all company car drivers A*****E'S? As usual up me a**e, cutting in front, pulling out, driving like proper muppets. You know who you are. OOOOOOHH i can feel my rage coming on. Maybe if these plums had to maintain their cars, like real people, they woud'nt act like the P****S they are.Oh sorry i took the side out of your pride and joy,heres the company insurance details, oh and of course i have'nt got your £500 excess....Maybe if they had to pay a hefty excess they wouldn't drive like C***S. Tantrum over i'm off to milk the horse... MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL( bar company car drivers).
I agree with you mate!

The company car drivers on this site are car enthuiasts (? spelling) anyway, so are less likely to drive like t**ts.

Its the other 99% of company car driver, who just see a car as a way of getting from A to B who are the problems.