Sponsored by:

Cost of running Scoobs getting OTT

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2004, 11:05 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cost of running Scoobs getting OTT

I've just added up what I've spent this month renewing insurance, tax, fuel, 4 new tyres, fixing the missis car (scoob~) having service and engine replacement (labour only) and it's just twenty five quid under four grand!

Anyone got the winning numbers for this week's Lotto?

:-(

Mike
Old 07 December 2004, 12:01 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Getting a report done on a Golf Gt Tdi 115 on Weds. Having owned 3 Imprezas, a wrx, sti5typeR and now for 3 years a P1, I literally woke up one day and had enough. Next service on the P1 will cost a staggering £800.

I havent got the ***** to add up over the past 7 years how much impreza ownership has cost me, but I suspect it is a small fortune. From coming from the point of view that I'd never sell an Impreza and not get at least something faster, I even surprise myself that I want to get something cheap and slow.

Just fecked off to the back teeth with performance car ownership. Might be an age thing, I'm 32 in 2 weeks. But sadly, I'm thinking what a mug i have been for owning one in the first place. From servicing to insuring etc etc etc everybody seems to expect you to pay a premium price for everything.

So, hopefully the tdi won't turn out to be a lemon and I can continue motoring along and get 500+ miles out of a tank of diesel, pay less than half the insurance, not get swingeing depreciation and stand half a chance I wont get ripped off come servicing time (10,000 or 20,000 intervals).

Scamera vans turning up everywhere, and a fear of parking anywhere remotely iffy are the final nail in my impreza coffin.

Merry Christmas, I'm not really Victor Meldrew