Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(04) / 05 WRX PPP - what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2004, 05:57 PM
WAM WRX
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question (04) / 05 WRX PPP - what to expect?

Alright Fellas,

Has anyone had their 05 wrx PPP'd yet? I know its early days, but I know its been available for around a week or so now.

Mine should be with me next week - am I in for a new experience?

04 wrx PPP drivers - is there a noticeable difference after the "treatment?"

Drove my mates 04 Sti 2 days ago - brilliant! Much more savage acceleration compared to standard wrx. Am I going to experience that sort of "pull" after the PPP.

Any help - would be grateful.
Old 03 December 2004, 06:06 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

You may be in for a bit of a wait for the 05 WRX PPP. Although, as Mike Wood said recently, its available now, I've been told today that it may not be with the dealers before Christmas, because of demand. I've had my 05WRX for nearly a month and the PPP was ordered at the time, so who knows - unless Mike can check what the state of delivery to the dealers is
Old 03 December 2004, 06:37 PM
merlin71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WAM WRX
Alright Fellas,

am I in for a new experience?

04 wrx PPP drivers - is there a noticeable difference after the "treatment?"

Am I going to experience that sort of "pull" after the PPP.
Yes

Yes

and

Yes.

Old 03 December 2004, 10:11 PM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

Gareth

Subaru have more parts than backorders when I spoke to them earlier this week so expect your PPP very soon. That's supposing your dealer has the parts on order of course and they aren't waiting until it's available before placing their order.

Mike
Old 03 December 2004, 10:13 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

Hello Mike
How y'doing
Old 03 December 2004, 10:24 PM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

Hi Dave

Not so well

Chest infection and a cold. On antibiotics and 2 inhalers. Pulled chest muscles with coughing and it feels like I may see a lung at some point...

Nothing too serious though!

How are you getting on?

Mike
Old 03 December 2004, 10:43 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Talking

Mike
grim!

I'm not bad, ta. Exchanged contracts on my house sale today at 5pm, will be homeless in 12 days - however equity will mean loads of wonga in the bank though - thinking about it, enough to buy a 360 Modena, a Gallardo, a 911 GT RS and a Noble M400 plus a bit more left over - honest, no bull****ting .
And before you suggest I buy a WR1, Lesley isn't in to cars whatsoever so no chance!! Wanted to buy a TREK Madone carbon fibre road bike @ £3.5k and that one got shot down too

Golf R32 modded by AmD is going well

You in on Monday? Will email you and catch up......

Actually, if I was to buy another Subaru (and it is a possibility), quite fancy a Forester STi import.......

Last edited by Dave T-S; 03 December 2004 at 10:45 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 03 December 2004, 10:44 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

Whoops, sorry for hijacking thread (kept it at top though )
Old 04 December 2004, 12:30 AM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Mike - thanks for the reply, seems like my dealer is being a bit generous with the truth...I'll chase them up, cos it seems they're telling me porkies (which is unusal for them I have to admit), or perhaps they want to gain brownie points when I get a call next week tell me its suddenly available !!!!

Cheers

Gareth
Old 04 December 2004, 08:18 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Gareth
All being well, mine gets fitted this Monday - ordered some weeks ago and one of the first to be sent (and the first at the dealer I am using), but as I forgot to confirm with the dealer on Friday, may be a wasted trip. But as Mike says, it is available so fingers crossed, I may have one of the first...

Andy
Old 04 December 2004, 08:25 PM
Chris Barn
Scooby Regular

Ordered my 05WRX SL 2 weeks ago, been in to dealers today to sort paper work out and the dealer has the PPP waiting to be fitted.

Picking the car up next Friday and will have the PPP fitted at the first service, but at least i nknow its there..
Old 04 December 2004, 08:50 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Andy - hope you are right, as usual its a case of having to believe the dealers...mine told me I was one of the first - I'll be having words on Monday - my SL has 3000 miles on it already and its not a month old yet - and I'm starting to miss the urgency of my old STi PPP
Old 05 December 2004, 10:56 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Gareth

We'll see tomorrow - forgot to call so could be a wasted trip and would be my fault, but I'll report tomorrow if anything happens. Have my boost gauge fitted so I can compare max boost on the same gauge from before and after to see what differnece it makes. We'll see...
Old 06 December 2004, 11:32 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Gareth
Dropped my MY05 WRX SL off at the dealers and the jit was there and is currently being fitted as we speak. Gotta go back and pick it up this late afternoon, so they are out there. Looking forward to seeing it. Dealer has a cunning ploy as well - stick the customer in an old Liberty and any car will feel great after that!!!
Old 06 December 2004, 05:22 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Andy - what a surprise !! - spoke to my dealer this afternoon and it seems mine will in tomorrow...car booked in for Wed
Old 06 December 2004, 06:37 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Andy,

Hurry and give us the low down!

Jason
Old 06 December 2004, 10:23 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Gareth

Per my post regarding costs, can you let me know what you pay?

OK, the car is bloody excellent. I can only compare it, in reality, to three cars ago when I had my MY00 which was then fitted with an APS Stage 1 kit when I lived in Australia, which took it to about 280 bhp 'ish and was fun and raw - and that was great. This is different - the refinement is there, so the rawness isn't. It's like the car has had an engine transplant. Lets say it's gone from being a 1.4 to a 2.0 litre. It's just got more juice all over.

Main thing you notice is the grunt when it comes is a lot more and, I must say, the biggest thing is that the car pulls from about 2,200 rpm strongly through to about 5,500 although I have yet to have fun in the upper end of the range due to the roads being busy. You do notice the added grunt and of course the added noise of the exhaust.

As a comparison, my boost guage before PPP was registering a max boost of 15psi. Now it goes to a full 20 psi. Now, ignore the readings as it seems the boost gauge is not that accurate as many are not, but it does show the jump in boost pressure that the kit gives. I made sure the car has never had anything other than SUL, so the revised ECU would learn with the right juice.

One thing to note, Gareth, is that they need both your car keys as the ECU means the key fobs have to be re-programmed for the alarm and immobiliser. I had to go home to get mine otherwise I'd have been without a second for a while, so make sure you take both keys with you.

I love it and am very glad I did it - whatever the cost. I have yet to have some real fun, but I have to say I drove home like a bit of a t*t. I got 'carried away' a few times with some spirited accleration and did not tolerate muppets in front of me, but in the right gear, the car flies. I would say my driving style has adjusted - before, you would have to pick the right gear. Now, you pick the right gear to go very quickly past them or another gear to go past them a little bit slower - if that makes sense. Basically, you have the option of change and go very fast, or stay in the same gear and just go fast. Your options are the same - they just give different and better results.

It's fun - and anyone debating it I would certainly say go for it. Then again, it could just because I have a wagon and therefore it's quicker anyway ;-)

Andy
Old 07 December 2004, 01:18 AM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Glad you like the car m8, and thanks for the advice about the two keys - I'll make sure I take both.

I saw your other post about the pricing and list price is £1600 inc VAT and fitting - I've actually got mine for £1400 inc vat and fitting but that was negotiated when I bought the car - I'm having an STi spoiler fitted as well as part of the deal for less than list - I can't get used to the looks of the WRX spoiler after the STi.

Whats the mileage on yours now? I know from past experience that the engine needs a few thousand to loosen up , and it seems to get faster as the mileage goes on - had the PPP fitted on my STi at 10,000 - so I'm sure you'll notice a general improvement over the next few months. Mines on 3000 now and is already starting to improve - just got to hang on till Wednesday (hopefully !)

Gareth